Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

When upgrades fail, a tale of woe

ortucis

Prophet
Oh wow, had to turn off rich text editor to make everything work.

Forum upgrade delivered by Bethesda?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I still can't see a post box unless I turn off the rich text editor, and my alerts no longer drop down when I mouse over. This is the worst upgrade ever.
Same here. Using Chrome.
Try doing a hard refresh/clearing your cache or whatever.
Hard refresh.
Wait, has DU actually implemented buttons in the bbcode editor? I've never seen them. Hard refresh and clear cache doesn't change anything. I'm using Pale moon. I just checked with ie and I can't see them there either.

hpstg

Savant
The brofist/ratings icon bar for mobile still has shit rss and it gets off limits of the post it's part of.

Same for messages with nested quotes. Some end up having quote text boxes a few characters wide, making said posts unreadable.

None of these are directly related to this, but it would be nice to see an update fixing them.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot from the WL3 thread, highlighting both issues. Also having hundreds of animated images per page fucks up mobile performance and battery. Maybe the per post ratings on mobile could be visible after pressing a button or something.

6UKg1D8.jpg

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The brofist/ratings icon bar for mobile still has shit rss and it gets off limits of the post it's part of.

Same for messages with nested quotes. Some end up having quote text boxes a few characters wide, making said posts unreadable.

None of these are directly related to this, but it would be nice to see an update fixing them.
You should use Tapatalk to access the forum from a mobile device.

hpstg

Savant
You should use Tapatalk to access the forum from a mobile device.
Taptalk is shit, especially the latest versions. It won't show custom emoticons, neither the rest of the extra forum functionality works.

Or rotate your phone sideways....

Ua39XTs.jpg

The CSS itself is simply not responsive enough. Sideways the nested quote issue is lessened to a degree, but it's still there, and there is a ton of useless space on the left. The brofist/ratings bar is still bugged too. The "new" tag for a post stands over the "reply" button. None of these are great issues really, but it's a pity. Most are small css fixes I guess.

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Ctrl+F5 worked for me restoring rich text editor and javascript alerts, but it didn't get rid of Marvel's DU's brofists of shit.

hpstg

Savant
As I said, you should use tapatalk.

If that's a cheeky way to tell me that by not seeing all the content I can get rid of the problem, then no. I want my codexian experience uncompromised. :M

EDIT: It's also annoying because otherwise the forum is really good for mobile, much better than most I've used, in fact.

Last edited:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I don't know what the fuck anyone is talking about in this thread but I have an issue. Ever since I upgraded to edge my typing is like 20 actions behind. I type and what is shown is like from a while ago. This is only an issue in the two internet things I type in - this and email. My outlook is okay since I run that as an application. Actually, I don't what anything is anymore. Damn clouds! My depends aren't keeping the sand out of my vagina very well.

Anyone know how to fix this? And is this due to edge or this fancy smancy facebookization of rpgcodex? Actually I don't give a shit, I just want to know how to fix it so I can see what I am typing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am much too computer savvy to fall for the old ctrl+Alt4 trick you rapscallions.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I don't know what the fuck anyone is talking about in this thread but I have an issue. Ever since I upgraded to edge my typing is like 20 actions behind. I type and what is shown is like from a while ago. This is only an issue in the two internet things I type in - this and email. My outlook is okay since I run that as an application. Actually, I don't what anything is anymore. Damn clouds! My depends aren't keeping the sand out of my vagina very well.

Grandma? I told you the left mouse button is the one on the opposite side to the hand you write with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom