Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 coming to Fig on October 5th, introducing two player co-op and cinematic conversations

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Zero dollars going to what's sure to be garbage.

So weird to see an Inxile game with actually pleasant art.

Then again: target renders.
I'm confident they'll have plenty of chances to lower my expectations when actual development will start.

cpmartins

Cipher
Not gonna give a dime to Mr. Shitface. Get it on Paypal if you're going to get it only on one fundraising platform.

jungl

Augur
what the hell is it with this meme adding local coop to singe player type story fag turn based rpgs like divinity original sin and now wasteland 3. The audience for this is EXTREMELY niche.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
After very disappointing Bard's Tale kickstarter where Fargo was counting on at least 2 million $ I doubt they will raise almost 3 million for this. What's more they haven't released neither Torment or BT4 and they're asking suckers to believe them, lol. I wonder when (if ever) W3 is going to be released because if it will have to compete with CD Projekt RED and their Cyberpunk 2077 (which will also have MP) or with TES VI or with DOS3 I don't think it will end well for them. And the more elite part of RPG clientele will sooner choose Iron Tower's Colony Ship RPG or Styg's RPG (possibly Underrail 2 although he might want to release something else first) than this.

Also:

we are evolving on Wasteland 2's deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
I'm one of the few here who rather liked W2 but this is just hilarious.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Seriously, these fuckers have released ONE game post-kickstarter yet want to go back to the well THREE more times before giving customers anything. #FuckFargo

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
While I agree that before any more crowdfunding they should release Torment and having a simultaneous release for consoles is fucking stupid (I mean how many copies they sold on consoles ffs?) I dont understand the big negativity in the thread
Fargo has talked before of having separate parties before and while it does sound in paper to be a reaction to Larian's system it could prove interesting, and if my cinematic they mean having some action closeups similar to Xcom (which would lead to upgrading their graphics and presentation) they I am on board
Zeitz looks to be in charge of writing this time and the Brotherhood guys have a very good graphic style to their games. In any case given their track record they game would come out until 2018 at the earliest anyway so I will probably drop a $20 and see how it goes

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
While I agree that before any more crowdfunding they should release Torment and having a simultaneous release for consoles is fucking stupid (I mean how many copies they sold on consoles ffs?) I dont understand the big negativity in the thread

I'm actually surprised at this thread, I expected it to be much worst. There are a few positive comments here.

so I will probably drop a $20 and see how it goes
I fear the minimum will be 25 dollars, but I'm hope I'm wrong.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't even back W2 so there is no way I'm touching Fig, but if they fund and make it and it looks good I'll buy it. W2 was alright. Still:

I love the idea of opening new content that you would not have seen otherwise by clever use of multiplayer

:neveraskedforthis:

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, have the owners of Kickstarter ever launched a Kickstarter...?

They used FIG the pitch their idea for a crowd funding website...

And FIG used Indiegogo to pitch their idea for a crowd funding website.

And Indiegogo used Kickstarter to pitch their idea for a crowd funding website.

So... Basically it's an endless recursive loop
That only Einstein would understand...

duanth123

Arcane
I'm actually surprised at this thread, I expected it to be much worst. There are a few positive comments here.

The opposite of love is not hate, but indifference.

Many posters have likely just had their fill of Fargo's escapades and, barring some particularly wry observation, suffer no need to further state the obvious. [For reference, see any Tyranny newspost]

The obvious at this point being that Fargo has finally dropped any pretense of making actual CRPGs, what with a major selling point of W3 from the get go being "CINEMATIC" "CO-OP" "CONSOLE"

Posters like you, with vestigial standards, will always have something to say though, if only to congratulate your fellow consumer whores on the new and exciting lengths to which you'll all be played the fool.

I don't say this often, but I sincerely pity you.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't say this often, but I sincerely pity you.
Really? You pity me for being able to enjoy a videogame, which I suppose to hate for whatever reason? What's wrong with your life? I enjoy a videogame, not killing babies.

If someone should pity someone it should be me pitying those are not able find enjoyment in videogames just because "they are out on consoles and have multipalyer hurrr durrr". Not because I hate those people, but it is sad that here is this wonderful hobby, and they can't enjoy the good games just because they have a few element they don't like. I'm sorry you turned out like this.

Please, pity me and go back crying about videogames, while I have fun in my life. I'm sure it is me who is doing worse. Oh wait...

The obvious at this point being that Fargo has finally dropped any pretense of making actual CRPGs, what with a major selling point of W3 from the get go being "CINEMATIC" "CO-OP" "CONSOLE"
Yeah, these are not real cRPGs. Having a detailed character system, C&C and lots of missions is not what cRPGs about.

Oh no, they are on console - like Divinity OS and Fallout NV which the Codex likes a lot. They have Co-op, like Divinity OS. And they have cinematic elements, like Bloodlines. And just don't pretend that Fallout 1-2 didn't have Oblivion stlye, voiced first person dialogues.

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

This will probably be successful, but without meeting any stretch goals.

Not looking forward to it anyway

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

The minimum goal is extremely high, and I wonder why Fargo set it. Does he think WL3 can get as many backers as Psychonauts 2?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
And the more elite part of RPG clientele will sooner choose Iron Tower's Colony Ship RPG or Styg's RPG (possibly Underrail 2 although he might want to release something else first) than this.
Yeah, the sales of AoD and Underrail really blew Wasteland 2 out of the water as well.

Fairfax

Arcane

The minimum goal is extremely high, and I wonder why Fargo set it. Does he think WL3 can get as many backers as Psychonauts 2?
As many "investors", at least. As far as backers go, Psychonauts 2 failed. It made less than $2 milliion from backers when they asked for $3.3 million, and they had to extend the campaign for 5 days because pledges had tanked.
I doubt we'll ever know, but I'd bet a considerable part of the "investors" came from Fig itself. They couldn't afford to have the first big project fail miserably.

what I don't like is the use of "immersion" term. What I like the most is including Brotherhood games. Those 2 know their shit!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom