Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

GrainWetski

Arcane
Good that they're balancing the game instead of pretending it's a physical card game and there are some good nerfs there, to boot. Hopefully they'll keep at it and won't wait for another new deck to dominate the game for half a year.

They should increase the health to 3 on that Tuskarr Totemic, though. No need to make it shit. At least it'll be gone soon, I guess.

Even if I don't care for charge, the nerf makes it all the more obvious that they don't want anything but decks that play minions on curve.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
CotW is overpowered as motherfucker that's not even a serious question. The real question is they didn't realize it while designing the card, only half a year afterwards? What kind of micky mouse work environment is Ben Brode maintaining there?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Never thought CoTW was overpowered. Hunters have to draw and play on curve to win.

No, hunters need to press the hero power button to win.

The class has little in the way of reliable removal and no good board clears outside of explosive trap which doesn't help much mid/late game.

The class should actually be removed from the game. That would actually be an improvement.

Sorry huntard, nobody likes you.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Didn't realize you were that bad a player to think Hunters were a problem in the current meta. I also don't play them that much outside of completing quests. Most of the time I play Control Warrior or Rogue.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I don't even know or care if they're a problem in the meta now. If not now, they certainly were in the past and will probably be again in the future because Blizzard is retarded.

So, the design of the class is a problem. It's completely retarded.

sser

Arcane
Developer
OTK Worgen was moronic. They're definitely shying away from charge mechanics given their recent design decisions. Rockbiter nerf is probably meant to impact aggro Shaman. Execete, not sure, since it impacts Control Warriors more and they weren't exactly dominant on the ladder. It's still playable and one of the best removals. Abusive never really struck me as a problem, at least, not the 2 attack part of it. Card will still be used because it's the attack buff to another minion that makes it see play.

Never thought CoTW was overpowered. Hunters have to draw and play on curve to win. The class has little in the way of reliable removal and no good board clears outside of explosive trap which doesn't help much mid/late game.

I think the Execute nerf won't affect Control Warrior too much. It hurts the Tempo decks quite a bit because they're actually squeezing all their mana usage every turn whereas Control is often hero-power-passing.

v1rus

Arcane
Tuskarr nerfed? No shit?

Well, gewd nerfs. As a Yogg fan, I like the nerf very much, but i doubt it will satisfy the cries of retards community.

One thing i hate, is the OTK worgen nerf. I mean, cmon Blizzie, that was one original, skillful and fun deck in the current meta.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
CotW is overpowered as motherfucker that's not even a serious question. The real question is they didn't realize it while designing the card, only half a year afterwards? What kind of micky mouse work environment is Ben Brode maintaining there?

They're not dumb, they're just greedy. That's my theory, at the very least - they follow the same scheme as the goold old GW used to do:

4th ed: terminators are awesome, assault cannons are awesome and they carry two, everyone, buy terminators!!!
5th ed: assault cannons are meh and terminators have only one, they're trash, everyone shelves their bought terminators.

After the Karazhan, there seemed to be a rise in hunter decks, meaning that people invested some dust into gathering those decks. And now all those decks are shit because this nerf is way too severe. Same goes with OTK worgen - it wasn't a big deck, but hey, every tiny buck counts.

They don't do this with nerfs only, of course, but it just seems to be their general policy - to shift balance so there's a constant need to spend dust.

It's also curious that they went only after the publically despised cards in this one. Like, nerfing the call is severe simply because it's the only reason the hunter can actually do something. Sure, people hate it, but throw it away and you may throw away the entire class with it. OTK also wasn't that strong, but I guess people really hated losing to it. Strange they haven't nerfed Reno mage along with this.

Yogg change is stupid, btw, because it makes lucky yoggs even luckier and unlucky yoggs even unluckier. It just dials the randomness up to eleven - yeah, that's good.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yogg change is stupid, btw, because it makes lucky yoggs even luckier and unlucky yoggs even unluckier

I doubt there's going to be any Yoggs at all after this, but who knows. I'm pretty sure it's dead for tournaments, though.

Anyway, I have no interest in playing anymore no matter what nerfs they do. They keep releasing boring shit cards and decks and strategies barely change at all. There's no fun in trying out different things.

At this point the only thing they could do really make it interesting for me would be to allow dual-class decks like in Legends. They'd probably be all superior to single class, but whatever, at least there would some interesting experimentation to do for 1 day before everybody has the same cancer netdeck.
Or at least they could it add as an alternative game mode, separated from standard and wild.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyway, I have no interest in playing anymore no matter what nerfs they do. They keep releasing boring shit cards and decks and strategies barely change at all. There's no fun in trying out different things.

If anything the opposite is true - I'm amazed how much the decks change even despite their idiotic decision to keep Classic in Standard ever forever.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Call of the Wild being strong as hell is what made Hunters viable. It's still good at 9 mana, but just that, "good" not unfair like it used to be. It's the only nerf that I kinda dislike. The rest is fine, and necessary. Yogg was more damaging to the game in the long run.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Rockbiter nerf is bad. It's now just a really bad 2 mana 3 damage spell outside of Doomhammer/Al'akir usage. Pretty sure the only reason they nerfed Rockbiter instead of Doomhammer is because of dust.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Complaining about CotW is Hearthstone official forums level of butthurt. Tuskarr nerf is too late -- card rotates out in maybe three months. I dunno how someone can lament the loss of Worgen OTK for which there is little counter other than killing your opponent within ten or so turns or playing extreme control warrior and armoring up past 30 effective health. If anything it promotes aggro play which is not a good thing. CotW only hits you for 5 from an empty board and requires steady tempo play on curve from the Hunter to last long enough to play. Often it's used as a catch up mechanism.

Some dumbtard playing shitloads of draw cards then hitting your face for 25+ damage is not skillful in the least and requires no decision making outside of maximizing the potential of Acolyte, etc. Hunters have to play on curve and make trades. Sure, if they have a free two mana they can do two damage to your face but that's not going to be every turn unless you're playing face hunter and those barely exist anymore. And the ones that do certainly don't play CotW.

UglyBastard

Arcane
You can counterplay Worgen OTK by saving your taunts until he plays Emperor and applying pressure.

Playing the OTK deck requires good use of your resources if you are up against someone who knows how to play against you or get pressured by aggressive decks.

Your argument is the same as saying "Old Patron required no skill, all you did was drop Warsong and hit them for 100000". The game is richer with viable combo decks that have a game plan other than grab "board control early, then go all in on face" or "grab board control early, then play yetis on curve and bump them into their yetis", which make up for the vast majority of Hearthstone decks atm.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I can't believe we're even talking about Worgen OTK. I watch streams and YT fairly regularly, your standard board (Kripp, Trump, StrifeCro and Kibler), and I haven't seen them play against that deck since forever.

UglyBastard

Arcane
I can't believe we're even talking about Worgen OTK. I watch streams and YT fairly regularly, your standard board (Kripp, Trump, StrifeCro and Kibler), and I haven't seen them play against that deck since forever.

It didn't get nerfed because of power but because Blizzard tries to kill every strategy that doesn't revolve around dropping OP minions on curve. It's not "interactive" enough and "limits design space" that can be used for more Curvestone minions. Just like Bladeflurry limited design space for Rogue, now they can get awesome weapons like Fork and crazy steal cards. xD

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Never said it was prevalent just that it was retarded and not countered by 90% of the current meta decks. Ninjerk don't shit me bro just because you played a budget version against those non-collection having plebs in your buffer matches! The deck is not strategic. You just cross your fingers, play draw, and hope you get the combo sooner rather than later. Also FTR apparently hasn't played in months but he knows all about the current meta. Complaining about Hunters is a 2015 thing.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
And the new balance changes are live. I disenchanted my golden Tuskarr Totemic and noticed I also have a golden blade flurry, which I forgot to DE when it got nerfed. Shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom