Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

tet666

Augur
PC version is gonna be great.
in 5 years or more

Yeah total bullshit just play your downgraded sub 30 fps version the vastly superior PC version will come a few months later with the PS4 pro version we all know it will be like that SE just doesn't talk about it (they did hint at a upgraded oc version in an interview before though) cause they want people to buy the shit version first and latter double dip that's what they always do, besides most footage shown was running on pcs and not consoles.

final fantasy 13 pc was released 5 years after console version, don't expect this anytime sooner

Nah, square just started their pc "offensive" with XIII then we got rest of XIII games, shity mobile ports of older ones, then IX, X so max year or two, mabye even faster than XII

They throw everything they have on steam as soon as possible for a while now it won't be much different with this shit especially as they need all the revenue they can get to break even with this project, shit most stuff they where showing was allrdy running on a pc we saw more pc footage then console by now.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
AncientUnacceptableBlacknorwegianelkhound.gif

GlamorousLeanEquine.gif

Aranea bestest waifu

tet666

Augur
pls combat don't suck

The combat sucked ass in the last demo and everything they have shown since then doesn't look much better it's just inherently flawed there is no saving it beside scraping it and starting from scratch, the combat just like the whole project is like a retarded frankenstein's monster at this point.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Makabb

why do you have a Bethestard tag? i mean, half the Codex loves Bethesda games and we even have an entire sub-forum specifically for Bethesda games. what did you do?

Dedup

Augur
The combat is one of the main things that makes me disinterested in this game as well as the FF7 remake. I don't play Final Fantasy for action combat with one character. I want to have a reasonable amount of control over the entire party and their abilities. Is there any semblance of party control in this game? I haven't watched a lot of videos but all I've seen so far is that you zip around with one character while the rest of the party fights on auto-pilot.

Hyperion

Arcane
You change their weapons and give general commands for them to follow, I think. Their version of wait mode is giving me flashbacks to the RTwP that was tacked onto Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Other than that, smash the buttons to your heart's desire.

Dedup

Augur
You change their weapons and give general commands for them to follow, I think. Their version of wait mode is giving me flashbacks to the RTwP that was tacked onto Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Other than that, smash the buttons to your heart's desire.

Doesn't even sound as interesting as FF12's gambit system. Unless I see something that makes the combat more apealling or at least of some other feature of the game that can make up for it, I'm going to give this one pass like I did the FF13 games.

Hyperion

Arcane
Doesn't even sound as interesting as FF12's gambit system. Unless I see something that makes the combat more apealling or at least of some other feature of the game that can make up for it, I'm going to give this one pass like I did the FF13 games.

It isn't. It honestly looks like an extremely banal Dragon's Dogma / Monster Hunter ripoff. But many of us, myself included, are doomed to play every main numbered series in the game 'till we die because the early games have been etched in us since prepubescence. Doesn't matter how shit the game is.

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I don't like with real time combat that party characters fight themselves, it feels like the game is playing itself. with ATB you had control of the whole party, why squeenix of today cannot understand that?

Atleast it will not be a travesty like like FF 13 where the combat was auto.

Still it's not Kingdom hearts, in KH you only had 2 companions and their impact was minimal, so esentialy it feels in KH like you are playing solo so you have full control of combat, from the looks of here it might be a clusterfuck.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Everything else seems ok about the game, but the combat is always a bulk part of final fantasy game.

It might be a fun game, but the combat might be a chore.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Okay, that's hardly fair. KH2 is BUILT around fun casual combat and you happen to show off one of the most fun, technical fights in the game. Your average KH combat is a lot more boring and button mashy than that.

I mean, nothing prevented them from having a more advanced combat system, but- did you watch that 20 minute demo video?
This goddamn FF15 looks WEIRD AS FUCK! The cooking, the camping, the weird side quests, the way these grown guys, straight from a Calvin Klein catalog, are beating up scorpions with giant weapons.
It's all so bizarre. It looks surreal. I am intrigued.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Okay, that's hardly fair. KH2 is BUILT around fun casual combat and you happen to show off one of the most fun, technical fights in the game. Your average KH combat is a lot more boring and button mashy than that.

I mean, nothing prevented them from having a more advanced combat system, but- did you watch that 20 minute demo video?
This goddamn FF15 looks WEIRD AS FUCK! The cooking, the camping, the weird side quests, the way these grown guys, straight from a Calvin Klein catalog, are beating up scorpions with giant weapons.
It's all so bizarre. It looks surreal. I am intrigued.
Did you see the movie? The universe is more fleshed out there, and everything looks cool as fuck.

I'm loving the aesthetic and story direction this is taking.

That being said, I would also love to see another FFIX type old-school homage again as well.

tet666

Augur
That being said, I would also love to see another FFIX type old-school homage again as well.

They tried that with I am Setsuna the game was ok but it could have been so much more if they gave the team a proper budget/time and yeah writing was also terrible so a good writer as well,
Bravely Default games did it far better in my book did you play those?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom