Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Alright, everything worked. Not going to play it now but it's nice to have everything sorted out before the rush of release day.

Aenra

lol, the "thing people have been asking" about is customizable portraits :P

I wanted customisable portraits! They're cute, lol.. plus, i mean seriously, i'm tired of playing a bald goatteed dude depicted as a long-haired blonde one mk? I find it a very sensible addishun.

:M

Irrelevant to the above, please please remember to add SPOILER tags from now on yeah?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Waiting for GOG.

PWas Oblivion a better game because it had day/night cycles? Fuck no.
Funny that you mention it, but Oblivion was actually a much better game precisely because of that.
Of course "much better" still meant abysmal in this context, so it didn't really help, but that was about the only feature in game that more or less worked as advertised, was an improvement over Morrowind and even injected a little bit of sickly, fading life into the unsalvageable gameplay.

I meant the game as a whole :p I suppose it wasn't a good example since the day/night cycle did throw some life into the putrid husk that was Oblivion, but eehhh.

Zeriel

Arcane
Saw this on /v/

uAeNG99.jpg

WHAT'S GOING ON LARIAN, I THOUGHT YOU WERE DOING INDIRECT DIALOGUES, DON'T PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THIS, IT MIGHT ACTUALLY BE GOTYAY NOW

Edit: Or I suppose it could be this way because it's not the main character? Oh well

Ivan

Arcane
motherfucking FROGS

don't know if I want to keep on playing. spent a good 2 hours on it. movement still feels slow as fuck, zombies move slowly, duh.

for some reason there isn't a skill allocation confirmation button.

gonna do the best thing for me and UNINSTALL. must resist urge to play

on writing:
much more descriptive text, no real lore dumps to be found, in fact often times characters refer to figures you don't even know, which is refreshing (Pillars LOVED to fill you in on EVERYTHING [info dump]).

the only error I saw was a punctuation error:
97D2B5923BE1005790B861B140B499F5AAC88F2B

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Saw this on /v/

uAeNG99.jpg

WHAT'S GOING ON LARIAN, I THOUGHT YOU WERE DOING INDIRECT DIALOGUES, DON'T PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THIS, IT MIGHT ACTUALLY BE GOTYAY NOW

Edit: Or I suppose it could be this way because it's not the main character? Oh well

I think dialogues between party members are direct because the other party member might be played by a human being, and they'd have an expectation of being addressed in direct dialogue.

Ivan

Arcane
cursory glance at steam forums:

can you plz add realtime combat?
why is there no voice acting
where am i supposed to go
where is my quest marker
why are enemies a higher level than me?

:negative:

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
cursory glance at steam forums:

can you plz add realtime combat?
why is there no voice acting
where am i supposed to go
where is my quest marker
why are enemies a higher level than me?

:negative:
Fuck fuck. I wish we can just castrate people like that

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
wow mang, the enemies are gay as fuck. Nice setup for the ones I had, pretty much had to restart once or twice each and every fight.
Crocs were cool, frogs are fucking bad ass. I won that one cause the last frog suicided with Tactical retreat.
Initiative is shit at the start, lovely watching my guys being bombarded by 2 mages and even instagibbbed before even had a chance to act.

Why is this in EA? Looks and behaves like a feature complete game. I remember the first DOS release on steam and it was shit. Dunno what is there to add to this one besides some voice acting.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Quick impressions from playing the Demo... Larian learned nothing from D:OS and will fuck this up, in fact... its already fucking it up.

• Camera, same close up with little zoom camera, which was horrible in the first game;
  • Can only rotate with end and delete keys? *sigh*
  • Combat speed... goddamnit Larian, one of the biggest single complaints about the first game, principal reason for me quiting... still the same slowly animated drawn out combat;
  • The character creation screen... The game actually warns the player agaisnt starting a custom character, pointing out how much bestest the premade ones are;
  • The dialogue system. Who the fuck greenlighted this mess? Fire the idiot. It's uterly jaring to constantly read "Tell him X" "Say to him Y", write like normal people Larian, you have been trying for god knows how many years and still cant do it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Tried the "alpha/beta/omegaa" for a few hours and as expected, I am p. disappointed with this "sequel". On top of the things Kem0 just highlighted, the game feels just more of the same as D:OS. An elaborate enhanced edition with a new story and a few new tricks in terms of abilities and graphics.

Same graphics more of less, same UI with a few tweaks, same design, setting and the story/writing, too. I suppose I was expecting some big changes and improvements, but overall, got alot of the same, with the same problems and annoyances from the first game.

I'm gon play it abit more, and I do keep myself open to being positively surprised for the full game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is targeting enemies still a problem due to them moving around in their spot?

Zeriel

Arcane
I'm guessing there's still no combat speed slider?

Not only that, but Bubbles reported that it is "impossible" for them to add, since it ties into the basic game logic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom