Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Herve Caen finally packs it in - Interplay IPs to be sold off

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
About the pdf, it's an internal power point presentation. But it has this mark, so I guess I should ask first if I can share it:

I'd advise you to be very, very careful. Even posting that the information may or may not be confidential could be construed as a breach of confidence and result in a backlisting from the publisher.

Don Peste

Arcane
About the pdf, it's an internal power point presentation. But it has this mark, so I guess I should ask first if I can share it:

I'd advise you to be very, very careful. Even posting that the information may or may not be confidential could be construed as a breach of confidence and result in a backlisting from the publisher.
Oh haha, he just told me it's fine! You see? Herve did nothing wrong!

https://mega.nz/#!R8RUHTqK!t5CedI6c-PVPY0MRqxX50EWe7THqxcq0UXy1RRWGvy0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By0hZJzkirJPYmlaRV9GTU5OTFk/view

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Oh haha, he just told me it's fine! You see? Herve did nothing wrong!

https://mega.nz/#!R8RUHTqK!t5CedI6c-PVPY0MRqxX50EWe7THqxcq0UXy1RRWGvy0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By0hZJzkirJPYmlaRV9GTU5OTFk/view

Apparently Run Like Hell is Tier 1, but Lionheart and Stonekeep are both Tier 2. Who knew?

Black

Arcane
Contact Notch, tell the fat fuck to buy all good franchises so they can be sat on forever and rest in piece.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Has he clarified that they'll be making RPGs?

Severian Silk

Wasn't he complaining a few months ago about feeling pigeon holed? He's probably tired of making Epic Fantasy RPGs.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I will buy him the Descent IP so that he can make Descent to Undermountain 2.

--EDIT--
The "major league" titles are really sad. Fire & Forget? Solitaire Deluxe? It's pretty sad the games that Conquest of the New World, Toonstruck, and Dragon Wars get slotted beneath. I guess Shogo is in the lower league because they don't actually own the IP.

:Flash:

Arcane
What does this mean for the Descent sequel? It did meet its kickstarter goal after all.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What does this mean for the Descent sequel? It did meet its kickstarter goal after all.

Interplay still own the IP and copyright for Descent (I just checked). Have no idea about that kickstarter, unless they licensed the game from Interplay?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The way inxile is heading, I think renaming themselves to Interplay is an appropriate move.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Is THQ Nordic already on it? They collect this kind of stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom