Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 13: Temporary Subtitle

Eadee

Scholar
Thank you. I have no problem with starting right now IF we can pause between 10 and 16 of september.
: )

KoolNoodles

Arcane
We can easily get in a few turns before the 10th if we post fast enough. Maybe even my awake Pretender could be at an enemy capital in that time. Let's see!

Eadee

Scholar
And with my luck it will be MY capital KN. And that'd mean you wouldn't have to worry about my upcoming absence xD

Lizzurd

Cipher
How damn are you to choose the map which was designed by drunk Grimwulf?
h_1473281919_6688576_5b64c367c9.png
Either we restart with a normal connections or I go AI.

Anyways, taking out the starting locations and putting our fate into the hands of game's algorithm is not that much work.

What is a pain in the ass is adding nostarts to all the provinces with too few connections. If you feel that'd be necessary.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Hm. Could someone, preferably drunk, add like 4 UW spawn points and 2 cave spots? I don't know anything about maps and I'm too lazy to learn.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hm. Could someone, preferably drunk, add like 4 UW spawn points and 2 cave spots? I don't know anything about maps and I'm too lazy to learn.

Will take a look(quietly changes Pangaea to fixed start large farm province with 5 connecting many sites provinces). :M

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Ok I made connection from 10 to 49 a thing. Added some caves where it made sense aboveground. Put in a couple cave starts for sad Agartha. Added a couple extra water starts that may or may not be imbalanced(we don't need 5 do we, it's a little cramped and I'd hate to see two start so close by). Changed some mistakes like cave/border mountains into cave/forests.

Anything else? I'll review and put it on google drive later tonight.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
add 203 to 207
add 89 to 102
remove 10 to 25
add more funny names

Thanks. Funny names? "Submit Your Turn Muty" on a throne? That kind of thing?

Edit: I don't really follow general codex humor so I'll pass on the names, except for the Muty one, because it makes me chuckle.

Along with 4th of July's suggestions:

Removed 238>276 connection.
Made 151 a cave.
Made 221 a cave(moar caves!). Changed name from Trolling of Some Great Bell to Tolling....unless I miss the joke.
Made 188 Border Mountain/Cave(start).
Made 1 a cave start(Not sure on this. Not many great choices that aren't too close to other starts mondblut ).
Made 32 a cave.
Made 293 a cave.
Removed 10>33 connection.
Made 46 a start, but not perfectly balanced(it's a better start than others).
Moved throne province from 3>4(underwater) so start at 1 isn't bordering two thrones.

Could possibly make 323 a cave start and remove many sites tag.

Should we make all above ground starts farms? Or remove? Right now it seems 50/50. I don't personally have a problem with some random imbalance. The cream rises to the top as they say.

Edit2: Do farms even matter for start? Doesn't seem so. Added UW start to 220, as there was a weird duplicate start bug when I did a couple test games.

Here's the map file, I'm headed to bed. Make sure it's not shit kthx.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-I57dnS_VUVUWhJM09wQm5yekE/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wouldn't mind either way, played games with worse and better starting positions.
I mean, what could we lose? If we restart now, I'd bet it would be less than a week or two until the new game begins.

sqeecoo

Arcane
overkill.

MORE DAKKA!!

puc9e1074f5b3f9fc8ea15d152add07294-1446056203-5948038-screenshot-original.jpg

We restart, with the new map gracefully provided by KN. KN and July get honorary titles to acknowledge their selfless efforts.

Please take care to use the most recent turn file, I accidentally started the game once omre without changing the map :D

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom