Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Touhou Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - Expansion Disk Translation Now Available, Too

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I gotta say, Labyrinth of Touhou has spoiled me. I don't think I'll ever enjoy your standard Wizardry-like blobber like I used to ever again...

Suicidal

Arcane
After many breaks and stops I finally beat the game completely, including all the post-game stuff. Despite being obnoxiously difficult at times the post-game was very entertaining especially compared to the downright pathetic "here's a bunch of nearly identical bosses that are defeated by using the exact same tactic" post-game of Stranger of Sword City. Also defeated all the bosses at challenge level, except the true final boss, for whom I am not even sure what the challenge level is supposed to be; the game doesn't really say.

88 hours 46 minutes total play time, not counting all the times I spent reloading/rage quitting and scouring the wiki for damage formulas, which I think is an essential part of the gameplay experience.

So, how autistic am I?

Suicidal

Arcane
BTW did anyone try legally buying the game with the instructions on the first thread page? I'd like to give the devs a few dorra for a job well done so they can afford a meal at McDonalds but that shop site looks weird as fuck and I'm worried my credit card details will end up in the hands of the yakuza or something.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I recall trying to do it a few years ago but ran into technical issues (I think it wouldn't take paypal and I had no credit card or something.)

Suicidal

Arcane
Thanks for the replies everyone. Just made the purchase, everything appears to be in order. Feels good to support actual incline.

Naraya

Arcane
I really want to buy this from dlsite (it looks like the other one doesn't have the promo) but I'm totally unable to find it in the english version of the shop. Can someone help?

:negative:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There is no English version AFAIK, you install a translation patch after.

In an amusing racist tangent, ZUN, the Touhou creator, absolutely hates the west and doesn't want any white pigs to play any Touhou games.

Emmanuel2

Savant
I really want to buy this from dlsite (it looks like the other one doesn't have the promo) but I'm totally unable to find it in the english version of the shop. Can someone help?

:negative:

Searching for the developer, 偽英国紳士団, it looks like DLsite ENG doesn't have it. There is no english version, you have to apply the fan patch.

Naraya

Arcane
Yeah I know about the patch etc.
What I want to do is I just want to buy the original to support the DEV but when I use english version of dlsite.com (http://www.dlsite.com/eng/) I can't find the game. It exists and is discounted when I use the japanese version of the site: http://www.dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ118525.html but I don't think I can find my way on the japanese version of the site to register the account and buy the game.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah I know about the patch etc.
What I want to do is I just want to buy the original to support the DEV but when I use english version of dlsite.com (http://www.dlsite.com/eng/) I can't find the game. It exists and is discounted when I use the japanese version of the site: http://www.dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ118525.html but I don't think I can find my way on the japanese version of the site to register the account and buy the game.

You are weak. I don't speak a word of Japanese but it seems pretty straightforward.

Since I actually care about LoT and have a bit of a break at the moment, here's a quick guide with pictures:

01.png

Click the red button (add to cart I assume)

The button will turn blue:
02.png

03.png

Now click on the cart button on the top of the page (the middle one if you can't figure it out)

3. You'll see your cart, including this on the right:

04.png

Click the large orange button.

4. You'll have the option to log in on the next page but since you don't have an account yet, you'll need to click this button to register a new one:
05.png

06.png

Google translate and a bit of common sense can tell you that the mandatory fields are email, login, password, and birth date. Fill them in and click the orange button.

08.png

Wait for the confirmation email.

Once you've received it, click the button in the email and you'll be redirected to this:
09.png

Insert your login and password and press the orange button, and you'll be redirected to the next page:

10.png

Now this is one page where I've no idea what it wants from me except to subscribe to their newsletters (off by default) - but don't forget to click the orange button. It seems to confirm the registration (or maybe not, lol, but just in case).

8. Now I just went back to the homepage and entered my cart again because that seemed easier than trying to figure out the previous page.

In the cart, click the pink button above the Visa and other credit card symbols:

11.png

It doesn't look like they support PayPal.

12.png

Click the pink button.

13.png

Input your card info and buy the damn game.

No idea about the other payment options. Someone else will have to help you there if you don't have a card.

The first game is also discounted there at the moment, by the way: http://www.dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ064430.html

Last edited:

Naraya

Arcane
You are weak. I don't speak a word of Japanese but it seems pretty straightforward.

Since I actually care about LoT and have a bit of a break at the moment, here's a quick guide with pictures:
Hahaha thanks for the detailed reply, you are golden :)

Bought after many pink and orange button clicks. FeelsGoodMan.jpg

Capture.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
A LOT of beer was involved. ZUN can not resist beer.
He is, however, still stalling when they try to put the games on Steam which would be literally free $$$ as all the fans (millions and millions, largest fanbase in the world according to Guinness Book of Records) would buy those games again - and he has been stalling for a year...

Naraya

Arcane
A LOT of beer was involved. ZUN can not resist beer.
He is, however, still stalling when they try to put the games on Steam which would be literally free $$$ as all the fans (millions and millions, largest fanbase in the world according to Guinness Book of Records) would buy those games again - and he has been stalling for a year...
JudasIscariot

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
To be fair, those cart icons look pretty similar to kanji, I can see why someone would get lost.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
The expansion disk came out already, does anyone know if there's any translation on the works?

Suicidal

Arcane
That's excellent news. However I think I'll wait for them to finalize it before digging in.

In other slightly off-topic news, I recently discovered a game called Genius of Sappheiros that's set in the same universe and I recommend all people who enjoyed LoT to give it a try. It plays like a cross between LoT and a 16-bit era JRPG. I'm about 10 hours in right now and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Some key points:

-Like in LoT you make a party out of pre-existing characters. There's a lot less of them in this game but each one has a lot more different abilities and unique mechanics (for example, the samurai girl has several stances that buff certain stats and abilities that can only be used from a specific stance; the psionic girl can learn skills from the enemies, etc.)

-Your party consists of 6 characters - 5 fight on the field and the 6th acts like a commander that gives various passive bonuses and can use different support skills. Every character can be the commander and everyone has different commander skills. Apparently later in the game you get the ability to have 2 parties in a fight at the same time.

-Quite a lot of customization - each character has many different abilities, but you can only equip 6 at a time, so you need to think what you want for a particular battle. Also you get points that you can put into improving a character's skills and stats.

-Combat is more mechanically complex than in LoT - you have various party formations that you can use; there's a lot more different types of status effects like sleep, mind control, spell reflect, etc.; there are battlefield effects that work on both allies and enemies; there's a battlefield element mechanic that buffs spells and characters of a specific element and weakens the opposite element every time you use spells of that element; you occasionally get triggers to use very powerful spells kinda like limit breaks with different interesting effects.

-Like LoT the combat is quite challenging and there are a lot of different boss battles that can get pretty elaborate and require you to come up with a strategy to beat them. You also have spells that have limited uses per battle and there are very few ways to restore mana in combat so you can't just spam shit like a retard and expect to win.

So far I don't think this game is as good as the LoT series (there's quite a few things about it I dislike - the characters that you don't use don't get XP unlike in LoT, so if you want to try out a new party you have to level them, the combat is slower than in LoT, so fights with trash mobs eat up more time, the interface sucks dick and there's a lot of shit you need to see but cannot. I also much prefer LoT's turn order and initiative system to GoS, which uses the standard JRPG/Wizardry format of giving all of your characters orders at once and then watch the battle play out) but it's still a very fun combatfag game.

If anyone's interested, English patch is here: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,10383.0.html

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom