Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The RPGWatch?

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Yeah, I find it hilarious they're aggressively driving people out when they only have 20 and last I checked were losing one a week. Even fluent came here instead and he obviously doesn't fit in here at all.

I'm happy they're doing it though, as SJW cucklords who shill out corrupt companies deserve fiery deaths that serve as examples for others of what the fate of cucklords is.

#GamersAlwaysWin

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Now would be a good time for the Codex to capitalise on the destruction of the watch by releasing our own comprehensive games and industry people database, stealing their audience and becoming the premier one stop shop for RPG news.

But eh.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Shitposter's got a point. I call the Codex on their shit as well, but the mods here are being raped by trannies, not bulls and rapefugees. There's a difference.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
These immigrants are going to take our jobs threads and increase the crime shitpost rate. Don't let them in!

140403_042214_oim_d504_246_0.jpg

Last edited:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Maybe we should redirect them to Something Awful. To use such a shitty site and pay 10 bucks for it to boot is a punishment suitable for Watchfags.

Deleted member 7219

RPG Watch didn't understand what RPGs were. Pretty much any game could be considered an RPG by their standards. I think some non-RPGs won their GOTY awards, or at least got nominated, even games where the developers in no way considered their game an RPG.

They reported on non-RPGs all the time too. Should have just been called Game Watch.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
RPG Watch didn't understand what RPGs were. Pretty much any game could be considered an RPG by their standards. I think some non-RPGs won their GOTY awards, or at least got nominated, even games where the developers in no way considered their game an RPG.

They reported on non-RPGs all the time too. Should have just been called Game Watch.

It's not hard to find the Watch "RPG of the Year Awards" in the Google cache.

2012:

1 Mass Effect 3
2 Dark Souls: Prepare to Die
3 Dishonored
4 XCOM: Enemy Unknown
5 Risen 2: Dark Waters
6 Torchlight II
7 Borderlands 2
8 Kingdoms of Amalur

2013:

1 Shadowrun Returns
2 Expeditions: Conquistador
3 Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition
4 XCOM: Enemy Within
5 Path of Exile
6 Avadon 2: The Corruption
7 Bioshock Infinite
8 Driftmoon
9 Divinity: Dragon Commander
10 Mars War Logs

2014:

1 Divinity: Original Sin
2 Wasteland 2
3 Dragon Age: Inquisition
4 Shadowrun: Dragonfall
5 Might & Magic X: Legacy
6 Lords of Xulima
7 Risen 3: Titan Lords
8 Legend of Grimrock 2
9 Dark Souls II
10 South Park: The Stick of Truth

2015:

1 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2 Pillars of Eternity
3 Fallout 4
4 Underrail
5 Age of Decadence
6 Shadowrun: Hong Kong
7 Legends of Eisenwald
8 Undertale
9 Serpent in the Staglands
10 Blackguards 2

The most telling thing for me is that they liked Blackguards 2 more than Blackguards 1.

Deleted member 7219

It's not hard to find the Watch "RPG of the Year Awards" in the Google cache.

RPGWatch: where Bioshock Infinite, Divinity: Dragon Commander and XCOM: Enemy Unknown are RPGs.

It is one thing to like popamole decline, it is another to completely fucking lie about what games are RPGs.

Good. Fucking. Riddance. Hope it never comes back, and its denizens are scattered to wander the internet, never finding a home.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Now would be a good time for the Codex to capitalise on the destruction of the watch by releasing our own comprehensive games and industry people database, stealing their audience and becoming the premier one stop shop for RPG news.

But eh.

Now is the perfect time to strike and steal their tier one position.

Also how many pets/cats does one have to manage to kill 4 in a year?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Well, rpgcodex reports on new battletech game all the time, as an rpg, despite the devs saying more than once that it's a strategy game.

Concerning their rpg of the year awards, I agree with the majority of the winners, including Witcher 3

Deleted member 7219

Well, rpgcodex reports on new battletech game all the time, as an rpg, despite the devs saying more than once that it's a strategy game.

Concerning their rpg of the year awards, I agree with the majority of the winners, including Witcher 3

And I called it out at the time. It was surprising to say the least. I seemed to be the only one saying "Why the fuck are we collecting money for a non-RPG Kickstarter?". Didn't get any replies.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Turn-based tactical combat games often receive honorary RPG status on the Codex, it's nothing new.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom