Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Another list where Age of Decadence (and not Underrail ) has been mentioned, this time on the biggest Polish gaming portal.

10 hardcore RPGs
http://www.gry-online.pl/S018.asp?ID=1310&STR=8

You can use google translate if you're interested what it says (it's surprisingly accurate). Basically it's being praised for multiple solutions, non-linear missions, combat system and the game being fresh. There are nothing but praises but at the very end the author says the game is unpolished and ugly but you should turn a blind eye to its imperfections because it's so rich/abundant (not exactly sure what he means by that but whatever).

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
What's the current status of dungeon crawler?
The game is playable, all fights except the final (optional) fight are implemented. Some areas are very rough and missing textures. Two critters are still being worked on (should be done within a week or two), we're using placeholders (other critters) for now. New weapons and armor are done (models and icons) but haven't been added yet. The new interface is done but hasn't been hooked up yet. Only 3 portraits out of 40 are done.

So what's left is a lot of visual polish and balance work. We hope to present the game properly in mid-August but it depends on all that visual polish.
Unfortunately there's been a delay it seems. From Steam forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/361798516947539403/

Vault Dweller said:
It's going well. The game is fully playable now. Right now the only thing that's holding us back from presenting it properly is the lack of art needed for a website (our artist is overloaded as he's working on two games). If all goes well, we'll start beta-testing by the end of September.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Delayed for more content and a bigger crawler than how it was originally intented, due to the great success of AoD?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The game itself hasn't been delayed. To present the game properly we need a site. To have a site we need some kinda art (in this case the main screen art) and a bunch of screens. The screens require a new interface (done as of last week) and a lot of portraits because we have a combat sequence bar thingy which greatly increases the number of portraits required. These are fairly minor things when it comes to the overall progress but it's hard to show the game without them.

At the moment we're working with 3 artists, two of them are working on the CSG, and Mazin handles everything else, including last min requests like overhead and portrait icons showing status changes, different constructs (we have 3 more construct types now), new armor design, new weapon icons, the logo, the endgame slides, etc. He's been working non-stop since we started and things like portraits were low on his priority list.

I've been itching to post some screens or art tidbits for a few months now but decided to wait until the site is done.

Vault Dweller

Developer
It's not really extra content but minor improvements (visual feedback in this case).

Vault Dweller

Developer
No.

PS. He simply doesn't fit the game and I don't want to shove His Most Radiant Holiness Miltiades the First, Glory of a Thousand Suns, in simply because many players like him.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He simply doesn't fit the game and I don't want to shove His Most Radiant Holiness Miltiades the First, Glory of a Thousand Suns, in simply because many players like him.
Okay, but he is the guy who becomes the founder-leader of the people of the CSG, right?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
No.

PS. He simply doesn't fit the game and I don't want to shove His Most Radiant Holiness Miltiades the First, Glory of a Thousand Suns, in simply because many players like him.
He can always be added as an easter egg in some form, e.g. there could be a painting of him or he might be mentioned in some book.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I don't remember if it has elready been told, so a Vince quote about the soon named Dungeon Crawler :
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/361798516947539403/#c359547436761030242

No.

I feel that creating your party works best in class-based games where you pick different classes and customize them a bit. It's kinda same-y in skill-based games, especially when they are focused on combat and don't have many non-combat skills.

Anyway, your party size will be determined by your Charisma. There are 10 joinable NPCs in the game, max party size is 4, so you'll be able to find the right people.
So there will be 10 joinable NPCs for the party.

I wish we'll have soon some weekly/monthly updates introducing the NPCs.Like how it was with the AoD development progress reports :bounce:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Watching this thread for updates on the AoD dungeon crawler. It's a little ironic given the emphasis on C&C but the combat is my favorite part about the game.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
2 of those 10 NPCs are non-human!!!
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/361798516947539403/?ctp=2#c359547436765840969

Yes, of course. Only your character's death will end the game. There are 10 potential party members as I've mentioned, two of them non-human. I think you get 6 people just by asking them to join you (or having someone with good Crafting skills) and you need high CHA to get the other 3.

Quick example: you and your new best friend go against 5 guys. It's a very tough fight. You can try to convince them that resistance is futile and you have a couple of point in Charisma, one guy will stand down, so now it's 2 against 4, much better odds. However, if your Charisma is actually good, that guy will switch sides and join you, so now it's 3 against 4, plus you get to keep the guy.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Vault Dweller
By non-human do you mean dogs or something else? Or do you want to surprise us? Then again I doubt it's the dogs or other animals, charisma wouldn't help in "recruiting" them.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
or giant rats

rats_zpsxnoi0n9u.jpg

:M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom