Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 13: Temporary Subtitle

mondblut

Arcane
Of course! This is looking crazier and crazier! Is seventeen enough? We still need Atlantis!

We will probably have to do a nice big random map at this rate. Or if not that I'd suggest Cradle of Dominion 4.22, with fixed some starts, added caves, balanced income, etc.

http://www.desura.com/games/dominio...on-422-20622-more-caves-and-balanced-revision

Yuck. I am not playing Agartha on Cradle of Dominion against Malakal again :lol: (and in Decline 9 we had half as many players, mind you)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Given the amount of players, what about this rule:
No extension longer than 24h.
It is usually enough for people asking for extensions, yet it won't keep the others waiting for TOO long.
And if you stall for a turn, well, deal with it.

I know OP said any extension, but... come on.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Don't worry Grim, there won't be voting. I'll use raw willpower to decide the map, just looking for suggestions. So far I'm liking Shaluda, but I'm open to other options like one of July's pregenerated maps. Is the old Codex Shaluda version from D2 viable?

I also agree with you, thesheep, we can't have infinite extensions with 17 players. However, if someone is actually legitimately away for a couple of days, we'll extend - no point in him stalling multiple turns.

What we'll normally do is only extend each turn by a max of 24h as you said, and only if someone asks. I won't be extending just because I see people in danger of stalling near the end of the turn timer. This is for the earlygame and early midgame of course, we can get more lax later on.

sqeecoo

Arcane
So, no complaints about Shaluda then? The Codex version from D2? Does it need further fixes?

With thrones, at Grim's suggestion I'd agree with a simple 1 lvl 3, 3 lvl 2, 6 lvl 1, 10/13 to win. If there are no complaints, we can get started!

Zibniyat

Arcane
Well, I can supply a complaint or 2. Shaluda map is too colourful, also don't like its general ugliness, plus what's with the map markers - are those starting points/capitals and if so did you know they're all in mountains?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So, no complaints about Shaluda then? The Codex version from D2? Does it need further fixes?

With thrones, at Grim's suggestion I'd agree with a simple 1 lvl 3, 3 lvl 2, 6 lvl 1, 10/13 to win. If there are no complaints, we can get started!

Those points are cancer. Add more thrones and set win ratio at 60% unless you dont want to ever end the game.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Shaluda it is then. I think it's ugly as fuck too, but we haven't gotten a decent alternative yet.

Yep, I see how the game would last long with that set of thrones. How many would you suggest for 17 players then?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Shaluda it is then. I think it's ugly as fuck too, but we haven't gotten a decent alternative yet.

Yep, I see how the game would last long with that set of thrones. How many would you suggest for 17 players then?

In general I think everyone should have a throne so maybe 4x3 6x2 12x1 thats nice round 36 points and out of those lets say 20-24 tops to win.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Ah, I see you tagged me sqeecoo, obviously the codex farted and I never got the notification...In any case I am too busy atm and the game is already big as it is. I'll shitpost and cheer from the sidelines!

Let the butthurt flow :salute:

sqeecoo

Arcane
At Dayyālu's suggestion, how about we split this game into two smaller ones? Random rolls to assign half the players to another game, trading places of course permitted by mutual consent. Option to change your pick to something free in the game you are assigned to.

What do you think guys? I like big games, but 17 players is a bit ridiculous, I agree with Johannes on that one.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
At Dayyālu's suggestion, how about we split this game into two smaller ones? Random rolls to assign half the players to another game, trading places of course permitted by mutual consent. Option to change your pick to something free in the game you are assigned to.

What do you think guys? I like big games, but 17 players is a bit ridiculous, I agree with Johannes on that one.

Ok by me. I might need to focus on the Codexia one anyways......if it ever starts.

Zzz

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm fine with splitting. Maybe we can make an UW one :D (Though, from reading around, Ys seems not so good underwater.)

mondblut

Arcane

I'd want a really huge one for a change. Half the players will start heavy duty stalling by turn 5 anyway, and I don't mind that :lol:

Zibniyat

Arcane
I agree. I see no reason for the "splitting", when we can have rigid and clear rules, like 36-48 h hosting interval, maximum extension by 24 h (after which every player is free to stall) etc. What's the point of having "smaller" games? Easier diplomacy?

If this game isn't going to be as envisaged, i.e. if it isn't going to have ~15 players, then I'm out.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I agree. I see no reason for the "splitting", when we can have rigid and clear rules, like 36-48 h hosting interval, maximum extension by 24 h (after which every player is free to stall) etc. What's the point of having "smaller" games? Easier diplomacy?

Easier diplomacy, and a chance for it to end before December 2017.

If this game isn't going to be as envisaged, i.e. if it isn't going to have ~15 players, then I'm out.

Bye.

Zibniyat

Arcane
It will end if there are rules and those rules are enforced, unlike many other games where anything goes. But whatever, I withdraw from this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom