Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Martius

Liturgist
Some people are still reporting success, though.
Yeah, some which blew out as news but we dont have any numbers. I got few refunds from still but each game was under that 2h/2 week mark. I tried one with 0 hours played but thanks to going over 2 week mark I was denied. I would not be surprised if most No Man's Sky refunds would be declined because of that.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Most people went via Steam support tickets because the normal refund system is automated afaik.

too busy counting money.

Well, long-term sales are shot with the negative press and awful review scores and people are getting refunds now after dozens of hours played. They might have sold a lot in the first week, but I think they're fucked after this. The lifetime sales of this game will probably be incredibly lacklustre and I doubt half the post-release features they're promising will make it in. Maybe base building and then they'll call it quits.
you're not from this planet, are you vincent?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Wrong! Sean will emerge with news about features to be implemented that will shake the internet once againe, new levels of hype will arise and idiots will buy the DLCs again, and the cycle shall repeat ! the ride never ends.

Yes, there is no other way right now. He will be coding all night and day, starting entirely from scratch and within a month will come up with a new game that blows everyone away.

Just like Kintaro did

Burning Bridges

Nonono, you don't understand how geniuses are working. I can see him right now, his hands playing on the keyboard like Mozart the piano, eyes closed and a blissful smile on his face, with the music of 65daysofstatic in the background.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Lol, he blocked me on Twitter when I responded to his tweet with this:

If you're selling a game with half of the promised features, you're a thief. HG getting payback in kind.

Sensitive snowflaek confirmed. Good thing he's an ex-employee.

Burning Bridges

Steam and Sony will have realized that a class action lawsuit is incoming, and they want to prepare for that. And every buyer who has already accepted a refund cannot claim damages further down the road.

In any event this will have been a very costly mistake for Sony to give this amount of trust to a nobody, the reputation hit could reach over a quintillion points.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
everything 2.JPG

Zep--

Angthoron

Arcane
It may take a longer time for a person with autism to realize that one type of mining blocks and pointlessly doing shit is more worser than the other kind of mining blocks and pointlessly doing shit.

Don't be such ablist scum.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It is kinda slimy to get ask for a refund after 50 hours though, jesus christ.

It's slimier to sell people less than half of what you promised. If this game was disappointing, yet all that was promised then maybe. Especially because you had fanboys shouting at reviewers with 20+ hours of playtime, telling them they're not qualified to review because they haven't played long enough. And don't forget it's a game that was sold on things getting better/wackier the closer you got to the center.

HG deserves this. Can't blame people for pushing through to center of the galaxy to see if it gets any better once they passed the usual threshold for refunds.

Burning Bridges

This is no legal advice, but let me try to explain it this way. If you order a bottle of Champagne and someone sends you piss water, it should not matter much what you do with his water. I think courts are used to this kind of situation and could consider the residual value of the software as completely irrelevant. I.e. there is one party that breached the contract in the first place by advertising a product and then selling something completely different. In that case it does not matter much what the other party does, as the contract is not fullfilled and the responsible party has to make up for damage.

Another example would be if I sell you the Eiffel Tower. A court could decide that unless I provide it to you, I must pay compensations. In that case it does not matter much what I delivered unless you gave your consent. Yet another example, it is a quite frequent tactics with shady ebay traders that you buy a pink tutu and then they send you a black dingdong. You can look comfortably forward to such a case in court if you just send them a letter that you have a dingdong that belongs to them, and that they are still required to either send the pink tutu or compensate you.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If you get a bottle of piss and drink it all you're a fucking idiot and must have clearly enjoyed it.

Begging for a refund after spending that much hours in a goddamn game is just hypocritical.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is no legal advice, but let me try to explain it this way. If you order a bottle of Champagne and someone sends you piss water, it should not matter much what you do with his water. I think courts are used to this kind of situation and could consider the residual value of the software as completely irrelevant. I.e. there is one party that breached the contract in the first place by advertising a product and then selling something completely different. In that case it does not matter much what the other party does, as the contract is not fullfilled and the responsible party has to make up for damage.

Another example would be if I sell you the Eiffel Tower. A court could decide that unless I provide it to you, I must pay compensations. In that case it does not matter much what I delivered unless you gave your consent. Yet another example, it is a quite frequent tactics with shady ebay traders that you buy a pink tutu and then they send you a black dingdong. You can look comfortably forward to such a case in court if you just send them a letter that you have a dingdong that belongs to them, and that they are still required to either send the pink tutu or compensate you.

pisswasser.PNG

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ITT: Dumbfucks actually arguing you should be entitled to a refund after spending 50 hours in a game voluntarily.

If they give refunds after 50h - it's their own problem. As for people who want it after 50h - it's good too, such scam should be punished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom