Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
What is the name of the game Swen mentioned around 21:25? It's unintelligible to me.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Swen says the game's development team is 113 people. "Three times as much as the first Original Sin"

He says the console version of D:OS EE did quite well, better than he expected. The proportion of console sales is 40-50% of PC.

Cowboy Moment I guess that settles it.

Huh, that's surprising. I'm happy it worked out for them, they deserve the success. I wonder if Swen regrets not announcing the console version during the KS for D:OS2, though perhaps the fact that they still haven't officially announced it means that they're not really trying to do parallel development on multiple platforms. It's a bit strange tbh, they already have the engine running on consoles, so it shouldn't be that much additional effort. Maybe it's the retail stuff that's holding it back?

One thing I'm curious about is what the retail/digital split is on those console sales. Swen is giving huge exclusive interviews to the Codex nowdays, surely he can afford to drop by and satisfy a bro's curiosity...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Swen says the game's development team is 113 people. "Three times as much as the first Original Sin"

Swen wasn't kidding about most expensive non-Diablo pseudo-isometric RPG. That's more than any non-MMO Obsidian game's ever had. Dragon Age: Origins had more though.

Ivan

Arcane
it might have been Zombra who voiced it but I would really like to be able to roll 4 characters with their unique origin stories and be able to complete each's personal quest

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I don't know if this got posted but it looks like undead are confirmed to be their own race.
http://www.divinity.game/origin-stories
Is it known the lore how will undead interact with other races and how will undead live in the town?
Swen joked about masks in latest kickstarter update so I wonder will undead char need to have face mask in town in order to confront other people (humans, elves,...).

Fever

Educated
The Gamepressure presentation is beyond embarrassing:
Due to the avalanche of information published about these games [Torment and Tyranny] in recent months, it wasn’t hard to forget that there’s one more that’s going to bring something into the world of classic cRPGs – it’s Divinity: Original Sin II by Larian Studios.
The "dark horse" among 2017’s RPGs? Yeah, D:OS2 is clearly a niche title and it would be surprising if it ended up being better received than its superb competitors: Torment and Tyranny. :roll:

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
I don't know if this got posted but it looks like undead are confirmed to be their own race.
http://www.divinity.game/origin-stories
Is it known the lore how will undead interact with other races and how will undead live in the town?
Swen joked about masks in latest kickstarter update so I wonder will undead char need to have face mask in town in order to confront other people (humans, elves,...).

judging from the previews there are all kinds of freaks in the towns so it would be really odd if the undead stood out too much

seeing those weird alien cherubs serving as bodyguards to the Hammer was a 'wtf is this shit' moment

Music is important but anyone who claims it is as important as fukkin' GAMEplay in a fukkin' GAME is fukkin' stupid, mmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
Fancy yourself a modern Zeno? Surely you are aware that music can function as an element of gameplay? Or have you conflated highly specific terms like "element" with highly broad terms like "gameplay"?

nikolokolus

Arcane

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Can we get a GOG copy as backers?
Yeah:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1661691

So how do I get my hands on Divinity: Original Sin 2?
You won’t be able to play the game until the 15th September, but we will be sending out instructions on how to claim your game codes later this week. However, if you want to get ahead of the game, you can always link your account to the Larian Vault. To do this:

1. Log in or create account on larianvault.com.
2. Click on "D:OS2 Kickstarter" (Make sure it’s the D:OS 2 Kickstarter, and not the original D:OS Kickstarter)
3. Fill in the email address you used to log in to Kickstarter or Paypal when you backed D:OS 2 and click the "Link" button.

You won’t be able to claim your code just yet, but you’ll get a great overview of your pledges. And once the codes are available: that’s where they’ll be.

We’ll have more information later this week, but we do need to stress a couple of important things:

• The key that you claim is going to be the same key that applies to your game. You can’t play Early Access on Steam and then get the game on GOG.
  • We can not swap Steam keys for GOG keys in the future.
  • We’re working with GOG to get let people who claim GOG codes get early access ASAP, but for now early access is available through Steam only. We'll let you know once the GOG versions are available.
So, if you want to play your copy of Divinity: Original Sin 2 using GOG, DON’T claim a Steam Key just to get into Early Access faster. We can’t swap it for a GOG key later.
Ignore the last point since early access on GOG is confirmed now.

Fry

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is planned to join the Games in Development program on GOG.com in October 2016.

Won't be available until October on GOG, or is the date listed here a mistake?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Haven't been following torment and tyranny but i just know they will be shit, from what i have seen from OS 2 i'm looking forward to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom