Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Torment Gameplay Footage and More Interviews from Gamescom 2016

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Interview with Josh Sawyer, that idiot who can’t understand game design if his life depended on it.

He has plenty to say about it though. :M

There was a time when David Gaider would answer interview questions even though Bioware games were on the Codex shitlist.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The blacklisting is a medal of honor. The Torment for consoles is humiliating. The submissive attitude of the Codex, (read: Infinitron, other members of the staff and some other posters here) is even more embarrassing. Fargo got the money he wanted, treated us like shit, and when we become a nuisance, got free publicity the same way. Degrading, debasing and revolting. I don’t know if this bombardment of Inxile and Obsidian on the news page is just adoration for obscure celebrities or is also his way of showing work, and I don’t know which one is worse either.
I am not saying I disagree you what you said but I find it funny you are talking in the name of Codex when you joined far after TToN KS was done and over.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Interview with Josh Sawyer, that idiot who can’t understand game design if his life depended on it.

He has plenty to say about it though.

He has plenty of irrelevant drivel to say.

I am not saying I disagree you what you said but I find it funny you are talking in the name of Codex

I'm not talking in the name of Codex, who is talking in the name of Codex are the members of staff, who are endorsing this humiliating attitude of posting news for a studio that blacklisted them. They speak for all of us when they say: “we love AA studios and obscure celebrities, no matter how much they stomp on us”.

you joined far after TToN KS was done and over.

Yes, and in this mean time I saw they dumbing down the game, broking their promises and blacklisting the Codex. If I had been involved with the KS, and I almost backed them, I would be furious now.

ikarinokami

Augur
can we stop making these games with the unity engine. most RPGs of the past did not look like trash for their time. TOEE was a beautiful game went it came out, so was Baldur's gate, diablo, neverwinter nights 2, dragon age. can we please stop with the amateur hour unity engine please. I know it's supposedly makes life easier for the developers but they aren't the ones, paying money for this trash.

Turok

Erudite
can we stop making these games with the unity engine. most RPGs of the past did not look like trash for their time. TOEE was a beautiful game went it came out, so was Baldur's gate, diablo, neverwinter nights 2, dragon age. can we please stop with the amateur hour unity engine please. I know it's supposedly makes life easier for the developers but they aren't the ones, paying money for this trash.

Is cheap, thats why they use it.

That's engine is unoptimized for any hardware.

See the load times and fps drops when fighting in POE.

valcik

Arcane
Not going to happen ikarinokami
The market is saturated with Tier 1 developers perfectly capable to develop a shoddy PR campaign, you can't expect them to make their own engine though. Seems that insane and dedicated individuals such as Styg are endangered species right now in gaming industry.

Zeriel

Arcane
Jesus christ this game ended up being a mess.

Pretty embarrassing for the amount of money it raised.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
What the point of a news page if you refuse to post news because of personal beef? I very rarely look at that part of the site, so I have no stake in it, but do you really want news excluded because the developer hurt your feelings?

Art Vandelay

Prophet
PC_37457b_1963917.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom