Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been playing for 17 hours now, yes went a little crazy. And the microtransactions is not needed, I mean the game was not designed for them. You get plenty of equipment, praxis, and money just by exploring and doing quests. Still a shitty business practice though.

Might also add you don't get any prompts for it ingame, from what I have noticed. So it doesn't take you out of the game, like Dead Space 3 for an example.

But yeah, still ass.

Stokowski

Arcane
I'm praying that we get a game set during the "Australian Civil War" so I can die laughing at it
:australia:

I'm betting on the emus.

tumblr_moe8gaqv5Y1qg690eo1_400.jpg

Deleted member 7219

Really liking it so far. Strong opening to the game, it is nice to see they have still kept the stealth and non-lethal options - because that is the only way I can play this game. Playing it as a shooter doesn't bear thinking about.

Writing seems to be pretty good so far. There was a nice sidequest about a woman forced into slavery to make fake IDs for some gangsters who were in cahoots with a corrupt cop.

Won't spoil about returning characters etc but one of them is a true bro and I'm glad to see he's back.

I'm just about to leave the first area but there's still one sidequest to finish. Got to find some bum on the street and give him a fake ID. I gave one to the crazy woman rehearsing a play in her basement, but I can't find the guy. I've turned all the helper shit off - the map shows him as being in the same place as the crazy woman, but that must be incorrect.

Mozg

Arcane
I had such low expectations for HR that I'm not sure if MD's writing only seems much dumber because I had convinced myself DeMarle is good.

I remember thinking the "Janus" thing from the big content DLC for Human Revolution was a really bad GI Joe kind of plot point and it's center stage now. The sidequest shit you stumble on also seems even further down the cartoon scale than whatever dumbshit "75th street ballaz vs. the robomen" multiracial gangs from HR detroit.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, umm, in the bottom right of my screen there's something similar to "Hold [T] to untag all".
Da fuq is that supposed to mean? If I "hold T" nothing seems to happen.
Does it mean to inject T? :troll:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Anyone who got the 'dayone' edition able to swap outfits? I have it but I cant switch nor receive any of them. Or is there a point later on when you get the clothes? I remember reading an email from a german dude in Jensens apartment about his wardrobe.

Really enjoying the game, don't have much to say about it aside that its more of HR with polished gameplay and thats what I expected.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just finished the game. Clocking in at 22 hours. Way too short.

Some major spoilers below. It's about the story.

The story was good I guess, but it was basically more of the same from the first game, except you have no real personal involvement in it. It didn't feel like I (Jensen) did anyway. You are now just some security agent working for Interpol. The main problem I have with it though is the constant cock teasing with characters from Deus Ex. The game starts with Bob talking about all kind of conspiracies, then later on you hear the name Manderley mentioned. It gets you thinking, "damn this is cool", hoping the story will lead up to the events of Deus Ex. But nothing. They are involved in the story, but you never get to interact with them. So instead, we have a generic angry augmented Russian playing the main antagonist - are you for or against augmented people? Disappointing :(

Was hoping for much more crazy conspiracies, cyberpunk corporate warfare and shady organization doing shady stuff. Sure we have some of that stuff in the game, but it never reach that feeling of "what the hell is going on here?". Most of the game takes place in Prague as well. Kinda cool, but the main missions suffered for it. You rarely leave the city, like in Human Revolution. In that game you got to visit all kind of fantastic places. Not so much in this one.

And yeah, it ends in a cliff-hanger somewhat...

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

The story was good I guess, but it was basically more of the same from the first game, except you have no real personal involvement in it. It didn't feel like I (Jensen) did anyway. You are now just some security agent working for Interpol. The main problem I have with it though is the constant cock teasing with characters from Deus Ex. The game starts with Bob talking about all kind of conspiracies, then later on you hear the name Manderley mentioned. It gets you thinking, "damn this is cool", hoping the story will lead up to the events of Deus Ex. But nothing. They are involved in the story, but you never get to interact with them. So instead, we have a generic angry augmented Russian playing the main antagonist - are you for or against augmented people? Disappointing :(

Was hoping for much more crazy conspiracies, cyberpunk corporate warfare and shady organization doing shady stuff. Sure we have some of that stuff in the game, but it never reach that feeling of "what the hell is going on here?". Most of the game takes place in Prague as well. Kinda cool, but the main missions suffered for it. You rarely leave the city, like in Human Revolution. In that game you got to visit all kind of fantastic places. Not so much in this one.

Did you just rush through it?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
No, played it normally. Did all the side quests that I discovered. I stopped exploring the city after a while though. Breaking into apartments isn't that fun.

Jezal_k23

How long are DXHR and DXMD in comparison to DX? It has been a while since I last played through DX but my impression has always been that the game is fucking massive for an fps, as in 60-70ish hours long. Is this just a flawed impression I have of it? Is DX really as huge as I remember it to be? I mean, the sheer number of missions and maps, the first time I played through it was amazing and it felt like it was never going to end. Good times.

Anyway just want to ask if MD and HR are similar in length to DX (I really doubt it, but maybe I'm just misremembering DX).

Disgruntled

Savant
The more I read about this dlc scheme they've pulled, the more disgusted I am. Apparently i missed the memo that a couple of augs were also locked to the paypacks. The greed is shameless, first the publishers normalized petty dlc extras, now they are cutting more out of the game and even going for single player consumables. God knows we'll become accustomed and they'll find new ways to shaft us in a decade.
I thought id seen the worst of it from SEGA and the Total War milking, but apparently no beloved PC franchise of mine is safe.

Tried the various lower mouse sensitivity settings, and its still dogshit. I guess im supposed to roleplay Jenson starting out with half a dozen powerful augs but the inability to keep his aim from jerking around.

Reading the impressions suggests ill still moderately enjoy this augsploitation cashgrab when I can stomach the aim. But the kick in the guts is real, Ill not be able to keep buying from Squeenix without feeling like a guilty enabler.
This is AAA gaming in the modern era, paying full price and feeling like a terrible person for doing so. Oh but lets see my dignified bethesda boycott after FO3.. nope not a dent in sales. Cant win.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

This was my main issue with the story. It's one massive tease. I think most people anticipate the game that will take place after this one and that's why I suppose people are saying it ends abruptly. Won't be surprised to see the third prequel out in a couple of years.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
How long are DXHR and DXMD in comparison to DX? It has been a while since I last played through DX but my impression has always been that the game is fucking massive for an fps, as in 60-70ish hours long. Is this just a flawed impression I have of it? Is DX really as huge as I remember it to be? I mean, the sheer number of missions and maps, the first time I played through it was amazing and it felt like it was never going to end. Good times.

Anyway just want to ask if MD and HR are similar in length to DX (I really doubt it, but maybe I'm just misremembering DX).

I posted the "How Long To Beat" page a while back:

de84agx.png

This information is based on polling collected over quite a few years. My first playthrough of Deus Ex: GOTY on Steam clocked in at 20 hours. I wasn't being extremely thorough, but I was sneaking around rather than rushing. The original DX has more variation for replays since it did reactivity better, but neither game is a slouch on that front. Deus Ex 1 is definitely not a 70 hour game unless you're counting replaying it from the start multiple times, though.

Mankind Divided is, from what I've been hearing, a 20 hour game on average. Slightly shorter than the original game (since most people took a bit more than 20 according to averages), and about the same as HR.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks

You remember right. Deus Ex is indeed long for an fps. I remember getting a solid 40 hours on my first playthrough. At the time I thought of this as a "full" game - it wasn't until later that I realized that most games tended to be shorter in general. Definitely fps's.

Of course, it's also an rpg, and by those standards I guess you could call it a more standard length. There's such a wide variance with those.

I know Deus Ex 2 was considerably shorter (around 15 hours). When I played HR I remember feeling like it was halfway between the original and DX2 in terms of length. I haven't played this newest one yet, but I'd imagine it'd be similar to HR in that regard.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The more I read about this dlc scheme they've pulled, the more disgusted I am. Apparently i missed the memo that a couple of augs were also locked to the paypacks. The greed is shameless, first the publishers normalized petty dlc extras, now they are cutting more out of the game and even going for single player consumables. God knows we'll become accustomed and they'll find new ways to shaft us in a decade.
I thought id seen the worst of it from SEGA and the Total War milking, but apparently no beloved PC franchise of mine is safe.

Tried the various lower mouse sensitivity settings, and its still dogshit. I guess im supposed to roleplay Jenson starting out with half a dozen powerful augs but the inability to keep his aim from jerking around.

Reading the impressions suggests ill still moderately enjoy this augsploitation cashgrab when I can stomach the aim. But the kick in the guts is real, Ill not be able to keep buying from Squeenix without feeling like a guilty enabler.
This is AAA gaming in the modern era, paying full price and feeling like a terrible person for doing so. Oh but lets see my dignified bethesda boycott after FO3.. nope not a dent in sales. Cant win.
Don't worry sooner or later a pirated version will show up and then we will be able to get access to all locked content without paying the jew price.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom