Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Coma White

Educated
Priest has that oldschool MtG control feeling tho, just sitting around and tightening the stranglehold around your opponent until he runs out of options.

Spikes will play what wins. But what we really want is the kind of total crushing submission Priest should be able to deliver (but of course, it isn't).

Explorerbc

Arcane
Wild is much more control oriented at least in the high ranks. Right now it's a mix of nzoth/control priest and patron/control warrior. Even the hunters are the midrange/control archetypes for some reason.

The most infuriating thing you will meet is some secret paladin with a crazy opener but that's it. Shredders and Boom can be dealt with. They don't even compare to turn 1 tunnel trogg + turn 2 totemic golem etc. in every game in standard.

Coma White

Educated
Stop talking in Magic lingo.

12181.png

Coma White

Educated
Been hitting some Standard today, and I can report that there's some pretty interesting stuff going on right now. Lots of Barnes shenanigans, Control Priests playing the Resurrect/Onyx Bishop package, etc. If you're tired of staving off Aggro Shamans and looking to do some SCIENCE, now's the time.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I told you to stop using Magic lingo. I'll tutor your fucking cantrip. Anyway, from what I understand you even misused the concept of 'tutoring' since Barnes copies a card at random without any kind of qualifiers. Curator would be a 'tutor' card since it has tribe restrictions on what it can draw.

Coma White

Educated
I told you to stop using Magic lingo. I'll tutor your fucking cantrip. Anyway, from what I understand you even misused the concept of 'tutoring' since Barnes copies a card at random without any kind of qualifiers. Curator would be a 'tutor' card since it has tribe restrictions on what it can draw.

Actually if you want to be anal-retentive about this (which you clearly do, for some obtuse reason); tutoring refers to pulling a specific chosen card or cards from one's deck. If my use of the term tutor in describing Barnes is incorrect (in that the effect is not a choose effect), then your use of tutor in describing Museum Curator is also incorrect. I was referring to the notion that, assuming you've built your deck in a certain fashion; Barnes can functionally be used as a tutor-like effect to pull out a specific minion.

Barnes is closer to a tutor effect than Curator -- Curator doesn't fetch shit from your deck. Based on your describing Curator as a tutor, I'm going to guess you don't actually understand what you're criticizing me for. Which means you're just being a faggot about this. You haven't really thought this through, have you?

Image.ashx

"Tribe restrictions". Lol, what the fuck are you on about?

EDIT: I also just realized you may also be referring to THE CURATOR from One Night in Karazhan. Which also isn't a tutor -- it fetches from your deck, but you don't choose what it fetches. You can build your deck in a way so that it defaults to fetching three specific cards -- but that's also the case with Barnes, which you claim is not a tutor. Neither are functional tutors; they are effective tutors.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tribes is a term used in Hearthstone: Murloc is a tribe, Dragon is a tribe, Beast is a tribe, etc. And, yes, I'm referring to the new Curator card not Museum Curator. Those cantrips are fucking with your spikey mike iggie pop.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Except Demonic Tutor has no restrictions so the curator is in no way more similar, other than maybe the fact that it adds cards to your hand rather than putting them in play.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They're really getting lazy with these adventure bosses. Normal of Wing 3 took me about 15 min total. First two's design were super generic and had nothing to do with how the bosses play out in WoW.

Real-ziez time edit: Beat Hunter Class Challenge on turn 6 in about two minutes. Beat Mage in about four turns. AI is so terrible it Flame Lanced a 0/2 mirror image token when there was an 8/8 and 7/7 on the board. And done. Yeah yeah, there's heroic but I seem to remember Naxx taking a little while even on normal bosses. This is like 20-25 min and you're done.

Last edited:

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't recall Naxx or any adventure being much harder in normal, apart from very few exceptions like paladin class challenge in Naxx. Now heroic is another matter. I really hope this wing isn't like the last one, where you won by turn 8 by playing literally constructed zoo. Making decks specifically tailored to the encounter is the best part of heroic. So far in Karazhan there has been exactly one boss where you needed to make a specific deck, rather than just queuing up one of your constructed ones, and it was still pretty brainless and literally a rehash of a past tavern brawl.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Normal was always super easy since Naxx. The problem with Karazhan is that heroic is also a piece of cake. Some of the heroic bosses, I defeated in my first attempt with my ladder decks.

Naxx, BRM > LoE >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Karazhan. I don't know if it is because of lack of effort, or part of blizzard's philosophy to cater to idiots who find the game too hard.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not playing Arena again. Was 0-2 (offered some pretty bad cards overall), played Flame Juggler on coin turn 1 and Annoy-O-Tron turn 2. How did opponent answer. Warrior... at 0-2 mind you... had N'Zoth first mate turn 1, Slam to draw a card and kill off Juggler with his 1/3 weapon turn 2, then Blood to Ichor to remove Shield and spawn a 2/2, hit Annoy for 1 and finish it off with Inner Rage. Constructed Tempo Warrior decks at 0-2 tier in Arena. Fuck this game. How was that retard 0-2 with those cards?

v1rus

Arcane
Not playing Arena again. Was 0-2 (offered some pretty bad cards overall), played Flame Juggler on coin turn 1 and Annoy-O-Tron turn 2. How did opponent answer. Warrior... at 0-2 mind you... had N'Zoth first mate turn 1, Slam to draw a card and kill off Juggler with his 1/3 weapon turn 2, then Blood to Ichor to remove Shield and spawn a 2/2, hit Annoy for 1 and finish it off with Inner Rage. Constructed Tempo Warrior decks in at 0-2 tier in Arena. Fuck this game. How was that retard 0-2 with those cards?

Wait, how did he kill off juggler with Annoyotron alive?
Nvm, the formatting confused me.

Anyhoo, I dont think matchmaking works liek that, he could have been 0-0, and 1-0, and so on. Not sure tho. Also, why did you coin Juggler? Nothing better in hand to save the coin for?

Sadly, i know how you feel, rather well. When arena makes you your bitch, it makes you your bitch, unlike Romero.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm pretty sure it's same record vs. same record. At least that's what Kripp says and he plays Arena 95% of the time. I coined Juggle because I had an Argent Protector so I figured I could get out a 2/3 and then shield it and trade with whatever he played. He also played N'Zoth's first mate on his turn one so I killed off that 1/1 token.

Narrative:

His Turn 1: He plays N'Zoth's first mate getting 1/3 weapon and 1/1.
My Turn 1: I coin Juggler, it's battlecry kills the First Mate.
His Turn 2: Slam + Weapon to Kill Juggler.
My Turn 2: Annoy-O-Tron
His Turn 2: Blood to Ichor to remove shield + give a 2/2, weapon hit, then Inner Rage.

I'm fine with losing decently matched games. But this shit was over on Turn 3.

Last edited:

v1rus

Arcane
All these fucking buttons, and no "consolation". Illustrates codex rather well, I guess.

Oh well, screw it. Arena aint worth it anyway. One of main reasons i like HS is cause its chill. No rage, no tension, no anything. His Yogg just won him a lost game? No biggie, you lost 10 mins of your time, and you prolly had at least a bit of fun.

Not in arena tho. Not in arena.

EDIT - Now that I think about it, that's def not how it works. I played against the same player twice in a row more than a couple of times.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah that's why I'm fine with constructed. You pretty much know what you're going to face and I wouldn't be demoralized when a warrior has an opening hand like that.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You pretty much know what you're going to face

Yes, netdecks and yes, to the face.
Where games are also often decided in the first turns on the back of some retarded flame juggler or later on whether the huntard can play call of the retard into call of the retard.
Wow, so special.

Also, you sound like Kripparian. Waah constructed in arena waah waah.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom