Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment: Tides of Numenera announced for PS4 and Xbox One, gets new trailer

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Might as well say Underrail is consolized too. Or Blackguards with its limit of five (note: despite allowing you to control far more people at once, Blackguards 2 actually got dumber).

That is not the point, Roguey. The question is whether they changed certain features that would be expected in a Torment game because it would make the tak of porting to console easier. The game could be single-player for all I care, but the fact that they restricted the number of party members, along with other changes just to please the causals pisses me off.

Wasteland 2 let you control up to seven people, believing that the party member limit is because of consolization is ridiculous.

But that is the thing. It seems that Fargo changed his mind with W2 later on in the development cicle (or just couldn't shake off his habit of taking all the crumbs to make a profit) and probably faced many dificults after doing that. With Torment he already knew that he should cut things before release in order to make the "transition" smoother.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I just realized how this discussion is pointless. How are you going to convince someone of how wrong is developing cRPGs having consoles in mind if they think that a heavily consoletard game such as D:OS is GOTY incline, and popmaole games like The Witcher are classics? What a waste of time.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Get the fuck out :lol:
Watch out, we've got a hardcore old school don't-take-no-shit-form-anyone RPG badass over here!

I just realized how this discussion is pointless.
It took you a while, but you got there. Nice. "Uninformed speculation" was what I called it.

heavily consoletard game such as D:OS is GOTY
You are a consoletard. D:OS is a fun and involving game.

popmaole games like The Witcher are classics? What a waste of time.
You are welcome to see my vote for GOTY 2015: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FShcGPfPJ8q4jI5WXAOTtndCBg/edit#gid=126795675

Age of Decadence: 5
PoE: 3
Serpent in the Staglands: 3
Underrail: 5

If you insist, I'll also dig out the numerous posts where I've said (and was attacked for saying) that W3 is not an RPG and I'm not going to vote for it, although I've played it, and I think it shouldn't even be in the poll. My opinion for the other two games is even lower though I've played them less time.

The known rates for rapist mothers are so neglibly low, they are not even included with statistics for domestic rape / incest. Fathers, on the hand... Mothers are more likely to be complicit/enablers than be perpetrators. Rapist women in a family are more likely to be a second or third degree female relative of a victim than the mother.
Loadout of bullshit, pardon my French.
"so neglibly low" - yeah, it is so low it isn't included to statistics, and due it isn't included in statistics we can't measure how low it is.
I sincerely believe it is another manifestation of creeping feminism around the world - they are women, they can't be bad, which is actually another form of fashism.
"Fathers, on the hand" - if you for long time watch specific spot, surrounding space start to erase. It is pure social subjectivity phenomenon.
"Mothers are more likely to be complicit/enablers than be perpetrators." - same.
Do you know that amount(?) of home violence of women toward men is significantly increased and continues to rise?
Everybody know and speak about home violence of men toward women, but almost nobody do opposite researches, because it is, like - "men, and what, women use violence toward them, their own wifes? hahaha".
So it is obscured problem, which mean if you don't see it it doesn't mean it isn't exist.
You should also agree I think, that women long ago arn't what they were (in USSR emansipation started after revolution, for decades earlier than at West), so why you think that while women are sucessful bosses for men teams, they lead and control men and they are the same women that in 19 century and nothing changes since then?
I remember a decent cinema about this - Disclosure with Douglas and Moore, with a decent lines just about that.
Modern women have a man's character and personality traits - that's the only way to be sucessful in yesterday's men's world and to compete successfully today.
This bring aslo negative traits - same level of violence, rudeness, sexual harrasment, rapes etc.

You sound very angry. Why don't you join a Men's Rights group for emotional support from like-minded individuals:

RfuJLXv.jpg

I hear they rub their balls to each other for stress-relief. It will do wonders for you.

Last edited:

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It's [current year] and after watching half of the K(asual)K(onsole)Kodex rush to D1P [latest Bethesda game] we cannot be seriously surprised at the signs of decline ITT.

And mandatory:
rbqnIZJ.png

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You sound very angry.
Appealing to the opponent's personality through what "it seems" to you - the very bottom of discussion technique.
I can safely say that every feminist talker, defender or sympathizer sounds very angry, hateful, and fashist-like, and I can also back up my statements with facts.

I hear they rub their balls to each other for stress-relief. It will do wonders for you.
I hear every feminist and its defender or sympathizer is a homosexualist.

Edit: I hear every feminist and its defender or sympathizer is a homosexualist who was raped by their mother.
Yeah, that's it!
Edit2: their mother and/or father.
Wow, it gets better the more I contemplate about it!
Edit3: or by someone, anyone!

PS Чнёково Лудило - not very usual name of inhabited locality for Russia, while Ludilo making some sense, this word comes from the verb "to tin". Didn't get to this point in game, my PC died.

Last edited:

Shin

Cipher
About the four party members, Tyranny is PC exclusive and is massive dumb down too, guess never doubt western developers willingness to shill out for casuals even without the console peasants help.:M

Bahahah, PC exclusive? You mean "it's not officially announced for console yet".

Weasel
Wow, dat confidential info he revealed. Oh well, what bros Inxile are (or publisher on KS game gonna publisher, decline either way).

I hear every feminist and its defender or sympathizer is a homosexualist.

Ah yes, that is still regarded as an insult (lol) in some godforsaken backwards shitholes. As is being a russkie.

But I forget that Putin made it a national sport to hunt down homosexuals.

who was raped by their and/or father or by someone, anyone!

Well, some people make a sport out of being regularly raped in your mind, no doubt.

Didn't get to this point in game, my PC died.

You might lead a more fulfilling life playing casual console games.

SniperHF

Arcane
What's the big deal with health bars? Planescape Torment had health bars too, no?

Two factors IMO, first is the Numenera people who want the true implementation of the system in VG form.

The second is people like me who just wanted to see the pools as health system in proper action in a somewhat balanced and working state before they just chucked it overboard.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Ah yes, that is still regarded as an insult (lol) in some godforsaken backwards shitholes. As is being a russkie.
It's not an insult, it is scientific background information that all feminists are sick and dangerous people with distorted mind, that's all.
My institute lecturer of Cultural Studies was homosexualist, everybody knew that, nobody give a fuck about it, everybody respect him, he was even at some point invited in Sorbonne.
But your words were definitely an attempt to insult, although failed.

But I forget that Putin made it a national sport to hunt down homosexuals.
You "forget" what never exist in reality.

Well, some people make a sport out of being regularly raped in your mind, no doubt.
That was lazy.

You might lead a more fulfilling life playing casual console games.
Now that is insult.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Sorry about the short notice but we have been requested to let you know that RPG Codex’s appointment to see Torment: Tides of Numenera has been cancelled. The reason we’ve been given is that a forum staff member (Infinitron – screen grabs attached) posted confidential information about the Gamescom demo on July 19th.

We understand that one person doesn’t represent the whole site, but as it’s a member of your staff posting this or giving this info out to be posted publicly, we’ve understandably been asked to take action."

Dildolos wept...

PS: So Fargo reads this thread, gets salty and bans the Codex, the only one who would've addressed all the uncomfortable questions... :)

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
"We've seen some comments suggesting that backer funds from the Kickstarter are going towards the console versions of the game. These are fair concerns but rest assured, not a single penny of that money went towards console development. On top of the Kickstarter funding, inXile has put in multiple millions of dollars towards development of the game for PC, Mac, and Linux. In addition, Techland is footing the bill for console development.

We said during the Kickstarter that we weren't going to compromise on the design and to this day, we haven't. It costs more money to do so, but we've designed multiple UIs and input modes for the game (one for mouse and keyboard and one for controller) so that there didn't have to be any concessions.Whichever platform you choose, we want you to have the best experience possible."

SEAR

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
PS: So Fargo reads this thread, gets salty and bans the Codex, the only one who would've addressed all the uncomfortable questions... :)
Fargo told you that? No. Don't try to manipulate then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom