Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Well I got my new computer, that's unfortunately on windows 10, and put this back on there. I decided to take a moment to pair my PS4 controller on my PC and now for some reason I can't use the D-Pad to go through the menu anymore. Also, the menu icons have changed to the generic "button 1,2,3" icons which I have no idea what the hell the are. Especially since the PS4 controller is supposed to be emulation a 360 controller. Might have to go back to using the PS3 controller again.

EDIT: Took a few tries after I found a guide on fixing the issue but it's working fine now. Time to finally jump back in. On a side note, the screen FOV option is hilarious to me. Why not zoom out about three times as much as usual.

Last edited:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS FINALLY PLAYING THIS N THE PC CAN SOME OF YU FAGS REBNT MY PAWN!!!??!!

BLOBERTO
PAWN IS HOT KATY

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I'll rent your pawn Blobert (steam ID: Der Ungrund). I am trying to get to level 200.

Pawn: Enitharmon (modeled after 1970s era Pam Grier).

Anyone else feel free to add me too if you are playing this.

Last edited:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
HAVING MANY FUN AGAIN BROS

TRYING TO BE TRUE TO MY WIFE WITH MR PAEN SO I HAF TO FORGET THE CAPE TO SHOW SOME ASS

BROS I NEED TO POST MORE NUDE PICS OF MY WIFE SERIOUSLY BEFORE WE WERE TOGETHER I KNEW SHE HAD A DSECENR BODY BUT SHIT SHE IS PRETTY HOT

AND BEST THING IS SHE DOESNT DO HERDELF UP REALLY FANCY SO SHE DOESNT LOOK LIKE A SLUT OR SOMETHING BUT SHE FUCJING HAS A GIANT ASS ON A 120 POUND BODY JUST AWEOSME

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck. Shit. Balls. For once I can get excited over something and then it's some mobile shit for teenage girls.

acf.gif

Perkel

Arcane
IMO Capcom Deep Down is probably being reworked into proper RPG game instead of some mmoish bullshit. That will be closest to DD from capcom you can get.
Maybe PC sales of DD also changed their mids a little

There is also Dragon's Dogma Online which resembles a lot DD but it is fucking moon language.

Perkel

Arcane
Maybe PC sales of DD also changed their mids a little
~350.000 copies sold.

Yeah, no.

350k copies sold for ~30$ years after release after 0 marketing campaign behind it and few interns working on port in spare time (it is on their MT framework engine which already was used in several ported games)
Also still selling, unlike consoles PC RPGs have huge fucking legs.

And this is Dragons Dogma Online so they wanted to do something with it.

maybe dd2 isn't so far away

ColCol

Arcane
I don't think dragon's dogma is ever going to have a meaningful sequel or spiritual successor.

Hyperion

Arcane
And this is Dragons Dogma Online so they wanted to do something with it.

But nothing to do with filthy gaijin, who were the target audience of the original release. Capcom Logic 101.

I fully expect Dragon's Dogma 2 to be Pawn-e-mon Go, or some other mobile bastardization to make our colons explode.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
But nothing to do with filthy gaijin, who were the target audience of the original release. Capcom Logic 101.

I fully expect Dragon's Dogma 2 to be Pawn-e-mon Go, or some other mobile bastardization to make our colons explode.

Pretty much. Capcom's specialization is actively killing all the best franchises.

Suicidal

Arcane
I have a feeling that a proper DD sequel released on Steam from day 1 could sell millions. DD, a port of a 4 year old game, released at the beginning of this year on PC now sits at about 350k owners and a 90% positive review ratio on Steam. Also nobody is really making any large profile action RPGs at moment. Of course DD will never be as popular as Skyrim because people are stupid but it could at very least pay for itself.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Man, would it really have cost that much to create a DD sequel using a slightly tweaked engine from the first game?

As long it was set in a new part of the Dragon's Dogma world with new sights to see and new dungeons to explore, I think people would have bought it.

Mozg

Arcane
DD is just such a brutal waste of potential. Like, it's fun just to run and jump and climb in that game and there's never much reason to bother until DA. And there they had to copy/paste the same room geometry 3-4 times each to keep it under their failed game DLC budget.

Ebonsword

Arcane
DD is just such a brutal waste of potential. Like, it's fun just to run and jump and climb in that game and there's never much reason to bother until DA. And there they had to copy/paste the same room geometry 3-4 times each to keep it under their failed game DLC budget.

Yet it's still more visually interesting than anything in Skyrim...

The degree geometry reuse in the Everfall and BBI verges on the shameless. They could've tweaked those meshes a bit more at least.
Sure, budget is usually better spent on fun than eye candy, but I'm not too fond of the gameplay in BBI anyway. Too much grind, too much HP and resistance bloat. Also destroys the overall difficulty progression of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom