Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Murderous Psychopaths Needed!

Saduj

Arcane
I used plumbata and chakram. Weight definitely becomes an issue. Also, have to be careful about using too many of the heavier throwing weapons because you can run low on higher end crafting materials. If not for the added arena fights against well equipped fighters, I would have run out of blue steel before end game.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I used plumbata and chakram. Weight definitely becomes an issue. Also, have to be careful about using too many of the heavier throwing weapons because you can run low on higher end crafting materials. If not for the added arena fights against well equipped fighters, I would have run out of blue steel before end game.

How does throwing interacts with sharpening and poison? Can you sharpen/poison an entire stack of plumbatas?

Saduj

Arcane

How does throwing interacts with sharpening and poison? Can you sharpen/poison an entire stack of plumbatas?

Unfortunately, poisoning only affected a single item. I'm pretty sure sharpening was the same. Having alchemy at 3 so you can make liquid fire is still important.

Inf0mercial

Augur

They don't work but your fine anyway, mid to late game your quick throws will be hitting consistently for 5-6 damage and criticals spread throughout with 2 ap per throw and 12 ap you can slaughter anyone, that was with throwing knives as well heavier throwing items would do more, crafting is needed for better quality knives and passive Armour pen chance and THC bonus.

Gulnar

Scholar
Throwing and block works well, early game is weak mid to late game you laugh at heavily armored soldiers, stick to throwing knives nothing else really works oh and weight management becomes a bitch.

Crossbow shield is decent but all i am thinking while playing it is that throwing knives were a lot more fun, on the plus side you can use poison with crossbows.

Ah, but poison was necessary for a 1h xbow/shield wielder. Otherwise you cannot harm high armor enemies (and those with dodge are even worse, like the arena champ, since you cannot reliably hit them in the head/torso).

Poison is must-have for a Bow user too - I'm playing a Bow Thief and most of my damage is from the poison. I use a Short Bow in most battles because its the best for kiting and for killing mobs with poison. My fighting strategy is to pretty much poison and then kite and try to maximize poison/arrow use against enemy mobs, and when in closed spaces I break out the liquid fire and abuse diagonals. Shields are the devil tho, and dodgefags = walking pincushions.

I got a Kemetian Bow and Old Faithful as backup in case of enemies with too much armor, but frankly I don't see the point in bigger bows because if I wanted to use 6/7 AP for shooting at stuff I would use crossbows instead - they seem to display better damage in general. Recently acids have entered my arsenal, and they may be more useful than nets because of the larger range. I do need to get me some Steel arrows, but then again my crafting is lagging somewhat.

Btw, is there any unique Short Bow?

Inf0mercial

Augur
Poison is must-have for a Bow user too - I'm playing a Bow Thief and most of my damage is from the poison. I use a Short Bow in most battles because its the best for kiting and for killing mobs with poison. My fighting strategy is to pretty much poison and then kite and try to maximize poison/arrow use against enemy mobs, and when in closed spaces I break out the liquid fire and abuse diagonals. Shields are the devil tho, and dodgefags = walking pincushions.

I got a Kemetian Bow and Old Faithful as backup in case of enemies with too much armor, but frankly I don't see the point in bigger bows because if I wanted to use 6/7 AP for shooting at stuff I would use crossbows instead - they seem to display better damage in general. Recently acids have entered my arsenal, and they may be more useful than nets because of the larger range. I do need to get me some Steel arrows, but then again my crafting is lagging somewhat.

Btw, is there any unique Short Bow?

Kemet bow multishot at close range is 3 shots of fast attack for 9ap if your high enough bow skill and one square away either way you will hit with all three and have 3 attacks in a round same as the max a short bow gets.

I was using kemet bow then old faithful like this for my entire play through and burst damage will let you just destroy everyone in one or two rounds, combined with poison you can reliably 2 shot most enemies and 1 shot low Armour ones. Short bow i think is only really useful for long range poison dots so you can kite more.

5fec66281e.jpg

valcik

Arcane
My loremaster became Arena champion without any serious troubles, wielding his trusty handcrafted spear and being buffed with his own alchemic potions. The true champion of Arena was the most troublesome opponent, took some reloads on my part to understand his tactics, all the other challengers coming after were laughable though. They couldn't touch me in fact, I went through the last fights without suffering a single scratch, wielding two handed sharpened and poisioned lori spear crafted out of meteoric steel. Arena badly need stronger challengers!

6EKrJ6o.jpg

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You could just read the thread, but the short answer is poison+running away.

Lostpleb

Learned
Is this still going? I've always found that killing people is easier than talking to them

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom