Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Comprehensive Deus Ex Rebalance Mod GMDX v8.0 Released

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Impressive work!

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think I still got my Deus Ex box lying around somewhere (bought about 10 years ago). Will this mod work with that or do I need to get some patches or some other version first?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Tnx. I will check out this mod as soon as I am done with my Underrail playthrough :)

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I started it up, tried out some of the new features and drooled over the skill and perk menus for a few minutes. But the playthrough will wait until after I've finished Underrail.

Ash

Arcane
Someone should do a Codex review when you're all done with Underrail.

Ash

Arcane
I simply sent the Eidos Montreal community manager a message asking them. They gave Revision far more exposure though, because it was in their interest to do so of course.

Ash

Arcane
Seconded.

Also, I've never really used the GEP gun but this makes me curious.

Lol. That's also in combination with the Microfibral Muscle aug to throw things harder, and don't go thinking one can play the whole game like this. Their attention was divided between the player and UNATCO, and late game enemies especially will fuck you up if you try something like this.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Sadly I ended my playthrough because my PC stoped to work, now I'm from laptop, which is much faster then PC, but playing on it is a pain. I'll wait for possible fixing my desktop.

Ash

Arcane
Nah. Hopefully someone will for the next version, which shouldn't be too long now.

Was you interested in writing the review?

Aenra

I don't think it's right to modify a post i made that long ago, so just to clarify :)

Used to be the GMDX installer had issues, one of which was its setting the game to the hardest(est[est]) difficulty by default, despite your input. Hence my post back then, as i naturally thought that this was Ash's "vision"; much fingers, very pew pew.
Now i don't know if this has been fixed or not (Ash once told me he's not the one doing the installer bundling), but i do recall my managing to sort this manually. I think i extracted and updated piece by piece, but not sure anymore. Anyway, you do that, this mod RULES.

Very, very well done. Have both apologized and congratulated him on it since, but once more won't hurt.
Now stop tweaking it and start an Arx mod.

Ash

Arcane
Well the hardest difficulty is my vision, for the hardcore. Those that have played the game plenty times and have a good understanding of the systems, or those that are just hardcore by nature.
It doesn't turn it much fingers pew pew nearly as much as it turns it into a highly tactical, intelligence-rewarding hardcore RPG. But it's definitely not suitable for the majority. Now you can only unlock that mode with cheats or by completing the game beforehand and therefore it prevents anyone accidentally stumbling into it and then taking it out on me.

grimace

Arcane
Nah. Hopefully someone will for the next version, which shouldn't be too long now.

Was you interested in writing the review?

I would not be able to provide a comprehensive review.

I can provide fangirl level support and shilling.

What is the latest status of GMDX v9.0 for Deus Ex?

Ash

Arcane
Thanks for your support. I work very hard trying to raise the Deus Ex/Immersive Sim bar. Shill away.

The status is things are going well. I have someone working on the installer now. Release will come, not sure when exactly but it won't be too long, and it will be the next level and damn near flawless as always.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom