Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Newfag retard question re. rating

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
Hi people, I'm a newfag retard and I have a question.

So, you need to wait a year before you can brofist. Good, splendid, I like this idea. However...

What about all the other, non-brofisting ratings that show up below a post? parrot, :M, acknowledging a user's agenda, etc.? I can't figure out how they work. Do you also have to wait a year before you can award those? I mean, I'm looking at the screen really fucking hard and I just can't see a button that would suggest "Click on me to rate this post". Can't find any explicit mention of this in stickies, either, nor with a forum search. If this isn't a "wait one year" deal, then could someone please post a frigging screenshot with a big red circle around where I need to click to rate? I'm feeling like an idiot.

Feel free to make cruel fun of me, but please answer the question before, during or after the abuse. :)

Thanks.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The rating icons are just a prank that Dark Underlord likes to subject us all to from time to time, that's why you're not seeing any reference to them in the instruction manual. I'm sure they use the same logic as brofists for who can use them. They will (hopefully) go away soon, and we return to brofists as the only rating.

valcik

Arcane
They work the same way as console controller buttons - no matter which one you smash, the game goes on as before!
Keep smashing wildly and have fun while it lasts.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Crispy is a pathetic old loser. Don't mind him. He's our local village idiot.

Kony, I think there's something wrong with your post.

w9hgxw.jpg[img]

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
The rating icons are just a prank that Dark Underlord likes to subject us all to from time to time, that's why you're not seeing any reference to them in the instruction manual. I'm sure they use the same logic as brofists for who can use them. They will (hopefully) go away soon, and we return to brofists as the only rating.

Ah, I see, okay. Thanks for the info.

More like "mentals" amiright

Maybe he did mean these guys:

PiterDeVries-Brad_Dourif.jpg

They strike me as the kind of people who'd complain about modern-day popamole while playing the single most byzantine Roguelike they could find. On a monochrome screen. While espousing unusual and socially spurned political views. So they would fit right in.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hi people, I'm a newfag retard and I have a question.

So, you need to wait a year before you can brofist. Good, splendid, I like this idea. However...

What about all the other, non-brofisting ratings that show up below a post? parrot, :M, acknowledging a user's agenda, etc.? I can't figure out how they work. Do you also have to wait a year before you can award those? I mean, I'm looking at the screen really fucking hard and I just can't see a button that would suggest "Click on me to rate this post". Can't find any explicit mention of this in stickies, either, nor with a forum search. If this isn't a "wait one year" deal, then could someone please post a frigging screenshot with a big red circle around where I need to click to rate? I'm feeling like an idiot.

Feel free to make cruel fun of me, but please answer the question before, during or after the abuse. :)

Thanks.
Yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom