Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

free999enigma

Learned
Summer Savers Bundle $1.99

Explosionade
Last Horizon
Magic Quest
Mystica: The Ninth Society
RoBoRumble
Star Sky 2
stratO
Tales Across Time
Trouble In The Manor

http://flyingbundle.com/

free999enigma

Learned
Humble Bundle Revelmode

Pay what you want!

Nidhogg
Choice Chamber
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball

Pay more than the average of $6.69 (€6.04) to also unlock!

Spelunky
Roguelands
Golf With Your Friends (Early Access)
Skullgirls + All Characters and Color Palette Bundle

Pay $15 (€13.55) or more to also unlock!

Rocket League

Caim

Arcane
Nidhogg's :pete:: a fast-paced 2d fencing/paganism simulator where attacks are insta-kill and you respawn quickly in a back and forth kind of way.

If you like fighting games then the full Skullgirls pack is a nice deal, but if you like fighting games you probaly knew that already.

Only buy Rocket League is you have friends to play it with.

free999enigma

Learned
Steel & Giants Bundle

Pay 1$

Realms of Arkania 1 - Blade of Destiny Classic
Hotel Giant 2
Rail Cargo Simulator

Pay 5$

Industry Giant 2
Pineview Drive
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny
Realms of Arkania 2 - Star Trail Classic
Realms of Arkania 3 - Shadows over Riva Classic
School Bus Fun
Mahjong Deluxe 3
Puzzles Under The Hill
Mini Golf Mundo
Transport Giant
ABC Coloring Town

https://www.indiegala.com/steelgiants

free999enigma

Learned
Batman: Arkham Knight Bundle 19.99 €

Batman™: Arkham Knight
Batman™: Arkham Knight - A Matter of Family DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Harley Quinn Story Pack DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Red Hood Story Pack DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Prototype Batmobile Skin DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Pack DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - 1st Appearance Batman Skin DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Bat-Family Skin Pack DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - 1989 Movie Batmobile Pack DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #1 DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #2 DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #3 DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #4 DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #5 DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - GCPD Lockdown DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - 2008 Tumbler Batmobile Pack DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Catwoman's Revenge DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Robin and Batmobile Skins Pack DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - WayneTech Track Pack
Batman™: Arkham Knight - A Flip of a Coin DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - 1970s Batman Themed Batmobile Skin DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Riddler Themed Batmobile Skin DLC
Batman™: Arkham Knight - Original Arkham Batmobile DLC

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/batman-arkham-knight-bundle

kazgar

Arcane
http://humblebundle.com/

Is a 2k bundle really a indie bundle?

Otherwise known as "we need to get people installing battleborn so they may play it bundle"

$1

The Darkness II
Spec Ops: The Line
Duke Nukem Forever

BTA (7.95 currently, was $6.88 a few hours ago)
Civ V
NBA 2K16
Mafia II: Deluxe Digital
Battleborn Starter Skins pack (lol)
More shit

$15 tier
Battleborn (lol)
Battleborn currency shit (more lol)
Borderlands the Pre-Sequal

Pondering chucking in for the dollar tier.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$1 tier games are all terrible. Darkness 2 is about four hours long. Derpy popamole shooter with 2derp4u comic book narrative. It looks pretty, though. Spec Ops is about five or six hours long with 2derp4u gritty grimdark apocalypse now ripoff narrative. Moles are popped, too. DNF is okay as far as shooting mechanics but you can only carry two guns at a time. Yep, TWO. Toilet humor is pretty awful, too. It's try-hard sexist not in the way old Duke was but in bitter rejected nerd I hate women way.

Atomkilla

Arcane
Dunno, Spec Ops was a solid game. Short, yeah, but of all the modern shooters it's the one with the best story - mostly because it tries to deconstruct the typical cliche approach of CoD and similar games.
It's weak in the gameplay department, as it's a 6-hour popamole, and it's MP is non-existent (it was originally supposed to be a SP-only game, but publishers forced developers to add MP or something).
Worthy of not is that it is one of the best looking Unreal 3 games (if not the best).

I'd go for it for a dollar. Dunno about the rest.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Spec Ops is nowhere close to being a solid game. And lol @ derp4u deconstruction. But I guess it's too much to assume the average gamer attended a year of college and read Joseph Conrad.

free999enigma

Learned
Sega Genesis Pick MIX

5 Steam keys for €1.79
10 Steam keys for €3.19
20 Steam keys for €4.59

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Sonic 3D Blast™
Sonic CD
Sonic Spinball™
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Golden Axe™
Golden Axe™ II
Golden Axe III
Virtua Fighter™ 2
Altered Beast™
Ecco the Dolphin™
Ecco™: The Tides of Time
Ecco™ Jr.
Columns™
Columns™ III
Eternal Champions™
ToeJam & Earl
ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Revenge of the Shinobi
Shinobi™ III: Return of the Ninja Master
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Shining in the Darkness
Ristar™
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine™
Gunstar Heroes
Alex Kidd™ in the Enchanted Castle
Kid Chameleon™
Vectorman™
Vectorman 2
Sword of Vermilion™
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Alien Storm
Alien Soldier
Galaxy Force II™
Light Crusader
Space Harrier™ II
Super Thunder Blade™
Beyond Oasis
Bio-Hazard Battle™
Bonanza Bros.™
Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole
Comix Zone™
Crack Down™
Dynamite Headdy
ESWAT™: City Under Siege
Gain Ground™

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/sega-genesis-pick-mix

Atomkilla

Arcane
Spec Ops is nowhere close to being a solid game. And lol @ derp4u deconstruction. But I guess it's too much to assume the average gamer attended a year of college and read Joseph Conrad.

Yeah, offer some actual explanation if you wanna comment at all. You basically wrote nothing there.

pippin

The problem with Spec Ops is that pretended to be a parody but at the end it was more of the same. The supposedly strong moral dilemma is difficult to grasp since gameplay tells a different story. Same with how in Bioshock Infinite Elizabeth is shocked that you killed one person while you spent hours gunning down faceless mooks. If a game wants to offer an instance for deeper thoughts then the gameplay must allow it, or you'll end up feeling confused or alienated.

The white phosphorous scene is said to be extremely shocking but it's actually quite tame, almost staged like a Hollywood production. I mean, I've seen worse shit on the news, actually. And one timeI saw the half burned and mutilated corpse of a guy (apparently a spy) hanging from a lamppost in open view of everyone.

That's why Darkness 2 is better. It's a fun comic book style arcade shooter. It's over in the same time that it takes you to complete Spec Ops iirc. The only boring thing is that you are left with a cliffhanger, and that cliffhanger isn't resolved in the comics. But overall I do think it's a good timewaster. I dunno, it didn't forced me to think because I mostly look for mental vacations when I play games (what other people call "escapism"). I have played and enjoyed more serious games, but as I said I was able to do so because those games were designed to be played in a relevant manner which made you think about the stuff you were doing. Other than that, I'd rather read a book or watch a documentary if I wanted some serious discussion.

Riskbreaker

Darkness 2 is good for what it is: fun, unpretentious linear FPS that revels in its gratuitous comic book violence. Action is immensely satisfying and brutal, and game is pleasant enough to look at. I genuinely enjoyed it (something I really can't say for the vast majority of modern AAA shooters I've had "pleasure" to play), enough so that I ended up finishing it on NG+.

Atomkilla

Arcane
The problem with Spec Ops is that pretended to be a parody but at the end it was more of the same. The supposedly strong moral dilemma is difficult to grasp since gameplay tells a different story. Same with how in Bioshock Infinite Elizabeth is shocked that you killed one person while you spent hours gunning down faceless mooks. If a game wants to offer an instance for deeper thoughts then the gameplay must allow it, or you'll end up feeling confused or alienated.

The white phosphorous scene is said to be extremely shocking but it's actually quite tame, almost staged like a Hollywood production. I mean, I've seen worse shit on the news, actually. And one timeI saw the half burned and mutilated corpse of a guy (apparently a spy) hanging from a lamppost in open view of everyone.

Valid points, though I haven't played Bioshock Infinite or Darkness 2 so I can't comment on that one.

Still, I liked Spec Ops because of its theme. From the absolutely cliche approach it takes its 6 hour journey to evolve into a game which, in my opinion, succeeds to point out the faults of the tropes present in modern-day military shooters and the way they are poorly handled. And I think that's what the game was going for.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What is there to say? If you really found the narrative and/or rhetorical style of Spec Ops that deep then your exposure to truly insightful narratives be it through literature, film, or other forms of media is extremely limited.

Atomkilla

Arcane
What is there to say? If you really found the narrative and/or rhetorical style of Spec Ops that deep then your exposure to truly insightful narratives be it through literature, film, or other forms of media is extremely limited.

Nice conclusion, good logic, totally.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I don't think it was meant as a parody, more like some deconstruction of the military FPS genre, although it didn't quite succeed because it takes itself a bit too seriously. It's not a bad game per se, but opinions vary. The white phosphorous scene wasn't shocking because of the way it was portrayed, but because you as the player were forced to do it, basically.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

I don't think it was meant as a parody, more like some deconstruction of the military FPS genre, although it didn't quite succeed because it takes itself a bit too seriously. It's not a bad game per se, but opinions vary. The white phosphorous scene wasn't shocking because of the way it was portrayed, but because you as the player were forced to do it, basically.
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Game Forcing You To Do It Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Put Down The Keyboard Like Nigga Close The Game

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not sure if this belongs here or in a new Gazebo thread but...

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/vampire-masquerade-rpg-bundle

Tons of V:TM sourcebooks.
Now, I never got into WOD games, nor do I know people that play them. The structure of those publications seem to be rather different to the p&p systems I'm used to. So if anyone here's familiar with the ruleset, I'd like to ask two questions:
-Does this collection provide a comprehensive set of crunch and fluff to get a good session running, or is this full of rarely useful fluff while essential publications are missing?
-Is this actually... good?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom