Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter System Shock 1 Remake by Nightdive Studios

Ash

Arcane
KKK said:
xemous chime in gummy fella.

On no here we go again. Isn't there a thread dedicated to Levineposting?

DraQ said:
SS2 is vastly inferior to SS1 in all aspects that aren't:

Lets agree to disagree to save from more unconstructive time consuming walls of text.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The big gaping hole of SS1 - why didn't Triop have a fleet of attack ships surrounding Citadel? Then at the end when they were finally convinced to write off the station, instead of relying on the hacker to set the reactor core to self destruct, they could just nuke it. With the hacker inside. :smug: A far more authentically cyberpunk megacorporation ending.

The big gaping hole of SS1 - why didn't Triop have a fleet of attack ships surrounding Citadel?
Such a thing would scare the shit out of shareholders, it only takes one person on those ships to get the word out to sell TriOp stocks once they start nuking their own assets.

Ash

Arcane
Uh, shareholders are going to be scared shitless either way. Nuked asset with some bullshit cover up lie, or the truth of what really happened on the station?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BTW, what happens if you try to set the reactor to self-destruct before Rebecca Lansing tells you to? I remember wondering about this when I played the game many years ago.

Uh, shareholders are going to be scared shitless either way. Nuked asset, or the truth of what really happened on the station?

They'd have had more control of the narrative before bringing warships in which would need orders. Management could jot it down as some kinda accident and that would be the story going out to the press.

BTW, what happens if you try to set the reactor to self-destruct before Rebecca Lansing tells you to? I remember wondering about this when I played the game many years ago.

Damn, I coulda tried this yesterday at the end of my playthrough but alas I uninstalled it.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The big gaping hole of SS1 - why didn't Triop have a fleet of attack ships surrounding Citadel?
Such a thing would scare the shit out of shareholders, it only takes one person on those ships to get the word out to sell TriOp stocks once they start nuking their own assets.

Don't forget that Citadel Station is equipped with defensive measures, so anyone that got too close would be sucking vacuum.

And such an antagonizing move could lead to SHODAN trying to pull off some other dastardly deeds, like upload herself to the nearest TriOp Battlecruiser and just fly back to Earth.

TriOp are taking the smartest path: Containing the situation and trying everything they can to avoid having to nuke the station.

Off the top of my head, I don't think it's possible to blow up the station until you're told to. You need to assemble the 6-digit code by checking out various screens on various levels, and that only happens after you put in the override on Level 3 - or was that for the groves?

Ash

Arcane
KKK said:
hey'd have had more control of the narrative before bringing warships in which would need orders. Management could jot it down as some kinda accident and that would be the story going out to the press.

True. Yeah reactor blowing up was the best possible method from a damage control pov. I think I missed the point at first.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Off the top of my head, I don't think it's possible to blow up the station until you're told to. You need to assemble the 6-digit code by checking out various screens on various levels, and that only happens after you put in the override on Level 3 - or was that for the groves?

Right, I remember something like that. Question is, is it possible to sequence break? Also, is it possible to try to enter the escape pod prematurely, or does that door only show up after the reactor countdown has started?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Question is, is it possible to sequence break? Also, is it possible to try to enter the escape pod prematurely, or does that door only show up after the reactor countdown has started?

If that was possible, Doug the Eagle would know about it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Right, I remember something like that. Question is, is it possible to sequence break? Also, is it possible to try to enter the escape pod prematurely, or does that door only show up after the reactor countdown has started?
The escape pod door is locked until you are told to go there.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

There's a code that Rebecca gives you: http://shodan.wikia.com/wiki/Destroying_Citadel_Station

Question is if there's a panel there that you can use to enter the code before you're supposed to know it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

There's a code that Rebecca gives you: http://shodan.wikia.com/wiki/Destroying_Citadel_Station

Question is if there's a panel there that you can use to enter the code before you're supposed to know it.
iirc the keypad is inside the pod, the switch on the outside door is locked behind some "This door is locked because there is no need to escape"-system

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The big gaping hole of SS1 - why didn't Triop have a fleet of attack ships surrounding Citadel? Then at the end when they were finally convinced to write off the station, instead of relying on the hacker to set the reactor core to self destruct, they could just nuke it. With the hacker inside. :smug: A far more authentically cyberpunk megacorporation ending.
I don't know if there even is such a thing as an "attack ship" in the original System Shock setting. There are stations like citadel station and shuttles that transport personnel and materials to and fro, but I can't recall any mention of a "space navy".

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I don't know if there even is such a thing as an "attack ship" in the original System Shock setting. There are stations like citadel station and shuttles that transport personnel and materials to and fro, but I can't recall any mention of a "space navy".
Wouldn't it be funny if the reason they built a space navy is so they'd have more options if a citadel situation happens again?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/1623513

Patch #1 and Art Book
Posted by Daniel Grayshon

Hello Kickstarter Backers!

My name is Daniel Grayshon and I am a Producer on System Shock. I have been working with Nightdive for a number of years and have been involved with the re-releases of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Strife: Veteran Edition, System Shock: Enhanced Edition and many others.

This is my first post to you all and it comes with some great news! We have all been working very hard since the release of the Pre-Alpha Demo and today, we are happy to release a new $100 reward tier alongside an update to the demo!

New Reward $100 Tier Added
We have added a new tier to the Kickstarter. The $100 Tier contains all of the goodies that can be found inside the $75 Tier (a physical copy of the game in a Steel Case, Closed Beta Access and Digital Copies of System Shock 1 and 2) with the addition of a great Artbook, put together by our friends at Arms and Anchor!

If you would like the Art Book by itself, we will have a system in place to purchase addons for your pledged tier in the upcoming weeks.

Here are some concept images for your viewing pleasure! The final look of the Artbook is subject to change at any time as we go along.

36b0b9a9161d0c28aa18d107160bc38d_original.jpg

5f8b4bf54ba5ed2dc451efd0c5eac000_original.jpg

f3abe1bdeac1ac234c6fc95cc74f5038_original.jpg

b03c1f80cc45422d2f4232607c167604_original.jpg

86524485655f437e4ac346cf9614678a_original.jpg

Pre-Alpha Demo Patch #1 Patch Notes
This patch, which is now live on Steam, contains the following fixes and improvements:

New Things

• Texture filtering has been applied. The textures around the station will appear smoother and less pixelated. Let us know what you think about this change as we would like your feedback on it.
  • Visual effects have been improved and as well the addition of explosion visual and sound effects.
  • Fragmentation grenades can now be thrown by the player. Right-click on the grenade from your inventory to throw or assign it to the hotbar and throw with the press of 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the keyboard.
  • “Staminup” patches, “BeserkBooster” patches, and Battery packs can now be used by the player by right-clicking on them in the inventory.
  • New melee attacks animations have been added. The Hacker will recoil when hitting a surface with the pipe.
Fixes

• Reduced the swing delay of the pipe.
  • Shortened pickup animations.
  • Music alterations applied to the backing music around the station.
  • Fixed a bug with game settings causing controls to lock when reloading the game.
  • Item descriptions have been improved for the items around the demo.
  • Various performance improvements.
If you want to compare the patch to the previous build of the game, you can do so on Steam. The original released has been placed into an old branch on Steam which you can access at any time by going into the Demo’s properties on Steam and in the Betas tab, choose the version of the demo that you’d like to play.

Oh and if you like competitions, you can enter to win a very limited poster and t-shirt combo on Facebook. The details are below.

System Shock Kickstarter Giveaway
We are currently holding a giveaway/raffle for an awesome System Shock Limited Edition Screen Print Poster & T-Shirt. It runs until the end of the Kickstarter, and you can even do things every day during the raffle to keep entering. And by entering more times, you’re helping us to spread the word to continue to make this game awesome!

To enter, please click here. [Facebook Link]

Alternative Link [Direct Raffle Link]

5ae7e87ca9dae59555ff3286af3250f3_original.jpg

3320d37445d4442d500ddfe2ff3705d2_original.jpg

I am very excited to be working on this project. I have been a huge fan of the System Shock series for many years and this is a dream project for me to be involved in. I’m really looking forwards to seeing where the team takes the game and watching our overall vision evolve into something truly awesome! I’d like to thank you all for your support and we’ll be in touch again soon!

Daniel Grayshon

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
This game doesnt look half that bad. i can hardly believe they have a working demo.

It didnt even crash when i tried it.

Just dont get your hopes it that it will be any good as the original ones.

Furthermore what is up with the prices for big box: 150 euro?? I used to pay 50 for that

Money grabbing whores

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

The doors to the escape pods won't open regardless of what code you type in until there's a station-wide emergency (setting the reactor to self-destruct).

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm surprised that their pitch didn't really include anything voiced by Terri Brosius as SHODAN. SHODAN is such an iconic voice for a villain yet she is strangely absent in much of the marketing videos and descriptions.
I'm surprised by that as well!

Also the higher pledge levels would be much more appealing if you could write a line for Terri Brosius to voice. Let's say from 1000$ and up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom