Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

SwiftCrack

Arcane
17/20, sadly had a crash yesterday with some of the feats done on my way to 20/20.

Good level after all, my favorite sniper level yet in HITMAN I think.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
d9da2822f490a72de56bf9936c815ee1507e8e93.png

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So what's everyboys impressions with ep3? Gon give it a spin later this weekend to see how it holds up against Sapienza.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I thought it was a little lame and linear at first, but it grew on me. Not Sapienza great though. It is a fun sniping level and you can definitely challenge yourself on it, I tried doing an axe run but I had a hard time at the consulate.

Vibalist

Arcane
http://www.vg247.com/2016/06/13/hitman-summer-bonus-episode-releases-in-july/

Hitman Summer Bonus Episode releases in July
The Hitman Summer Bonus Episode is a standalone installment that sees Agent 47 visit Sapienza and Marrakesh for the first time to carry out two separate ICA missions.

“We’ve created not one, but two missions for the Summer Bonus Episode and players will revisit the hugely popular Sapienza and Marrakesh locations with a completely different feel,” said Hannes Seifert, Studio Head at Io-Interactive. “It allows us to show what we can do with HITMAN as a live game – we even introduced a crazy giant killer robot, but it’s also the perfect midway point in the HITMAN season before the final three locations.”

The episode will release on July 19, and you can take a gander at the mission details below.

The Icon

When the town of Sapienza is taken over by a film crew shooting a new sci-fi blockbuster. Agent 47 must aim to retire one of the cast members during a climactic scene being staged late at night in the town square.

A House Built on Sand

Set at the frenetic night markets in Marrakesh, a mole for a major construction company is about to sell secrets to their largest rivals. Agent 47 is tasked with making sure the leak stops there.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
It's up there. Definitely my favorite for HITMAN still though.

It's so hard to beat A New Life, that level had everything despite being quite small for a Hitman level. Beldingford Manor too.

Traditions of the Trade of course stays great too.

EDIT: Can't forget about Anathema, that level was what got me hooked on the series in the first place.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Yeah that'd be a good setting.

I always wanted to have a fashion show/art show/whatever setting. And tada, Paris came.

Also the next elusive should be this Tuesday (tomorrow)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvtcQYV7RN4 (not official, but I think the dude looked in the source code or something, not really sure I just skipped to the point where he posts the still, 6:00, it's because of E3 apparently).

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
I need a first-person mode and the ability to peek through fucking keyholes.

It still boggles my mind that these features were cut. I mean you basically have to rely on save-scumming or the popamole x-ray vision now.

Also, it's really nice that we can disable most of the UI (not that the game is really playable that way ^), sadly IO forgot to code in a switch to toggle those idiot button prompts that are literately everywhere around 47.

Come in the vicinity of:
a door -> idiot button prompt pops up
any NPC -> idiot button prompt pops up
a useable object -> idiot button prompt pops up

And another thing, NPC should speak in their native language, everyone and their dog is a Kwan in this Hitman game, this is another thing that kills my immersion something fierce.

Oh, and why on earth can't 47 conceal his sniper rifle anymore?
inb4 Rifle Case DLC

BEST HITMAN EVAR, I think not.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
And another thing, NPC should speak in their native language, everyone and their dog is a Kwan in this Hitman game, this is another thing that kills my immersion something fierce.
Looks like they spent the voice acting money on other things.

Also you forgot to mention the significant lack of gore. There was much more blood in Absoloution. PowerTorment are you responsible for this? :P

Vibalist

Arcane
lol i failed it.

EDIT: so did i, but the fuckers got to me. they started shooting the second I fired.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom