Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

mastroego

Arcane
Got Rise of the Tomb Raider too (basic, none of the additional skins and all that stuff).
Final tally of all the shopping: about 65€.

Not that you care, I know :)

mck

Cipher
Is there a chance Stardew Valley will be marked down further, or will it just stay at 20% off til the end of the sale?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So...there's no daily deals or flash sales? Every discount I see is going to remain the same until July 4?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS SO LOLOLOL MY MOM BOUGHT ME BEAT BUY CARD WHICH I BOUGHT STEAM MONIES WITH

LOLOLOLOL MY MOM BUYS ME VIDEO GAMES FOR MY FOURTIETH BIRHFDAT LOLOLOL

I BUYED

SALT AND SANCYTUARY
KERBAL FAG PROGRAM
ISAAC AFTERBURTH
JIST CAUSE 2
TRANSCENDENCE

STILL HAVE FIFTEEN DOLLARS LWFT OR SO MOSTLY JUST BOUGHT SHIT ID WANTED FOR A WHILE BUT NEVER WANTED TO SPUKREFE ON

TRANSCENDENCE BROS I PLAYED A FUCJING TON MIGHT AS WELL BUY THE NEW SHIT

FAG CAUSE 2 IS FIR MINDLESS KILLING

AFTERBIRTH IS CAUSE I PLAYED TONS ON BOTH GAME

KERBAL AND SALT BECAUSE THEY SEEM AWESOME BUT ID RATHER SPEND MY MOMS MONEY ON THWM

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS OH YEAH ALSO I HAVE BEEN A MAJOR FANBOY OF THE SALT AND SANCTUARY BROS SHIT FOR A WHILE

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Actually talked myself out of Dungeon Lords. Might be the first Steam sale I don't buy anything. Still considering Thea, though.

Desur

Educated
Patron
BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Is there a way to see if a game is on steam but not gog without manually searching gog for each one?
You could also try salenauts.com, just search for a game there and you'll see if it's available on Steam/GOG (and it has the added benefit of listing the current prices).

Lunac

Arcane
9ea908fe4e9ef5ac438cdad22d8971d0.jpg

This thread for the last two years or so: kodexers gathering around PC gaming's remains.... less and less every year....

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Does anyone here know of any decent sci fi themed FPS that are now on sale?
I already have the Half Life games, Jedi Knight games, most Wolfenstein games. Deus Ex series (though I would not classify those as full FPS), System Shock 2 (similar thoughts as with Deus Ex), Doom 3 and expansion (not interested in Doom 4 as I already mentioned on another thread), and * sigh * Aliens Colonial Marines (it was a birthday gift)

Lunac

Arcane
I already have the Half Life games, Jedi Knight games, most Wolfenstein games. Deus Ex series (though I would not classify those as full FPS), System Shock 2 (similar thoughts as with Deus Ex), Doom 3 and expansion (not interested in Doom 4 as I already mentioned on another thread), and * sigh * Aliens Colonial Marines (it was a birthday gift)

Decent? Dunno, I got Hard Reset (not the redux version or whatever) for pennies years ago, is k, never finished it. Blatant Blade Runner thematic rip off, but whatevs...

Desur

Educated
Patron
BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292730/

:troll:

On a more serious note:
The Crysis series(apparently there's some trouble with getting the first one to work on modern systems so might want to just get C2 instead) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/17300/
The Metro games - http://store.steampowered.com/app/286690/
Lost Planet (2 seems to be the most popular if you want to buy just one) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/45750/?snr=1_5_9__300
Project Snowblind (basically Deus Ex: Invisible War with even less RPG elements and more shooting, it's hardly a masterpiece but maybe what you are looking for) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/7010/
All of them are 75% off. Metro is probably the best unless it doesn't fit your idea of sci-fi.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Thanks for the reactions.

racofer. I have Far Cry Blood Dragon and it is sort of sci fi ish with an 80s movie atmosphere but I really don't want Uplay on my PC.

Lunac
. Yeah I have played that game and finished it but I don't think it was really that special. Hmm, it ripping off the theme of Blade Runner, I had not thought about it at the time but I can see the similarities.

Desur
. Years ago I bought Crysis 2 for a Star Trek FPS mod that never got finished (taught me never to go ahead and buy a game in order to play an upcoming mod for it). I played it for a few days but afterwards never came back to it.
Metro, I played 1 but for some reason a bug prevented me from finishing that game.
The Lost Planet games, had forgotten about those, I'll check them out.
Project Snowblind. I remember that one, bought the boxed version years ago but for some reason it did not want to run on my PC back then. Could be an okay new experience.

Metro has a very strong atmosphere of its own which is more depressing post apocalypse than Fallout which still has a form of optimism.

Martius

Liturgist
First two Lost Planet are pretty decent although mind few warnings. Second game uses gfwl, first game too but there is also separate steam only version. Both game are pretty good, second one is focused on co-op. Bots ai is pretty bad so I would avoid this one unless you wont mind that or have someone to play with. Third is not using gfwl but its pretty bad game since it wasnt developed by Capcom. What was pretty fast third person shooter with small mechs is now cover shooter with qtes disguised as mech.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I see you are missing E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy, which is quite good and fits your sci fi themed requirement (and it's also on sale).

pippin

As a friendly reminder, try to get the Dark Forces games on GOG if you haven't. Jedi Knight games work alright on steam but the Dark Forces games are shit on Steam, not playable at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom