Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
FUCKONG SOMETHING BROKE THE GAME FOR ME BROS

WELL IN SLUMS NO LONGER DOES TEXT SECTION INSTEAD I AM CAUGHT IN DARKNESS WITH AREA VISISBLE

MONASTERY TOTALL FUCKED BANDITS DONT ATTACK IF I KILL ONE

THE MONASTERY VAULKT HAS NO LIGHTS AND I CANT EXAMINE SAFE

VILLAGE DOESNT AUTOATTACK AND ELDER WONT SELL SHI

BRO SEND SAVE REPRO THANKS!

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS AND I AM NOW DONE

MOSTR BADASS YET THIEF TURNED PRAETOR KILLED AGALOTH

EEF9E2AF1682B3647A5D1433FFF6D1DADEF58412

Zeriel

Arcane
TEG: What role, if any, do literature and art play in your creative process, and what are some of your major influences in these domains? What else inspires you?

VDW: Um… you do know that I’m an indie game developer, not a Nobel prize winner, right?

OTJyAQv.jpg

Never change, Vince.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Lol, is there a little salt in that? In case anyone doesn't care to click:
TEG: What game would people be most surprised to hear you enjoyed (or currently enjoy)?

VDW: I really don’t think of it in such terms, although maybe I should. Once I openly admitted enjoying Wasteland 2and never heard the end of it.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Lol, is there a little salt in that? In case anyone doesn't care to click:
TEG: What game would people be most surprised to hear you enjoyed (or currently enjoy)?

VDW: I really don’t think of it in such terms, although maybe I should. Once I openly admitted enjoying Wasteland 2and never heard the end of it.
I think he meant this bit:
TEG: Are there any developers and/or game designers that you are excited by creatively? In your opinion, who should we pay close attention to?

VDW: Right now? inXile. They have the right experience and creative freedom (aka “we don’t need no stinking badges Real Time with Pause”) to do what they want.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Just curious. Is that turn-based dungeon crawler still a thing or did it get canned?
Still a thing. It's shaping up well so far: the levels, the first pass, and the dialogues and characters are done. We'll show it in a month or two (so the far the focus has been on functionality and getting all mechanics working, not presentation).

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Steam version of AoD has been updated because Summer sale: http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/358415738185771421/

Vault Dweller said:
June update
Improvements

- Added improved tutorial.
- If you negate Faelan powers and fight him, the thieves join the fight if they're with you.

Fixes:

- Fixed infinite SP loop if you find the trap in the hangar's door
- Fixed a combat bug in Al-Akia if you have the Mindshield ability
- Fixed ending notes after blowing up the temple for Balzaar.
- Fixed issue with Faelan appearing in Meru's ending scene after he's been killed.

Combat Balance:

- Tweaks to torso attack:
* DR bypass is now 40/80 (normal/critical), from 25/75.
* Costs 1 AP less and THC penalty reduced to 10 from 15.
* Normal attacks increase chance to damage armor by 25.
- AI stops attacking legs if the THC is high enough and switches to other attacks.
- AI does head attacks if the THC is very high, regardless of the helmet DR.
- AI does more aimed torso attacks against heavily armored opponents.
- Crossbows do more damage on head attacks, and less damage on legs and arms.
The most noticeable change is the improved tutorial which coincides with this review where some retard was complaining that tutorial only teaches you bare bone basics. Besides that, improved AI is a huge plus. I really wonder what the final update will include because there's not much left to improve (aside from very costly changes that won't happen for obvious reasons).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dodge is still good yo... At least, before this update. Hammer+dodge is the build I'll finish AoD with seven times.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
speaking about the combat improvements for the dungeon crawler, does it mean there will be some mechanics for flanking or attacks from behind bonus/malus?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
speaking about the combat improvements for the dungeon crawler, does it mean there will be some mechanics for flanking or attacks from behind bonus/malus?

Those are already in AoD, but we increased them for the crawler. We also have a "wait" command, to pospone your turn to the end of the queue, plus pre-combat positioning on a grid to create your own formations.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Will the combat crawler be able to run at 120Hz+? :)

I doubt it will be much different from AoD. Did you try the latest version? The main blocks for solving this issue would be that we don't have a 120Hz monitor to test, and we don't handle the rendering code for T3D. We'll look into it, but no promises.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom