Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:what:

Did your girlfriend leave you for a Brit?

Also, adblock is free.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
:what:

Did your girlfriend leave you for a Brit?

Also, adblock is free.

You'd better not use or even MENTION adblock you bloody bloke I work hard hours to put together Video Game World of Warcraft videos for intellectuals and I deserve a life time of british gaming. How else am I supposed to pay for my krumpets and tea you stealing bloke!!!

I am a forty year old British man and I just want to play children's games for ever and you're going to fund it and you're going to like it when you watch my well thought out videos such as "What class should I play in WoW?" or "How to read the dungeon guide in WoW" and if you're going to use such malicious software you can bloody go to hell you bloke

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That's what you get for making silly claims about vanilla WoW -- your drive people to mania.

Jadeite

Educated
It's cool to come in here and see people talking about vanilla WoW. I thought I'd never seen the end of "has WoW gotten too easy?", "have they ruined WoW", or "MMORPGs these days..." posts. Cataclysm was released 6 years ago. It's over. Get over it. It was already god awful in WotLK. Cut back on "twinks", give everyone (except new players) god mode 'heirloom' items, they had ruined battlegrounds, had pick up raids that people left after one wipe, giant monsters that dropped like paper dolls, aoe tanking for everyone, childish gimmick bosses with invulnerability and high hitpoints to disguise triviality (to kids), the game world was practically confined to one city, no one listened to group or raid leaders or had any patience any more. One wipe and they bailed. Farming farming farming. The only way I could enjoy WoW in WotLK was not to enter WotLK. By the next expansion they had found a way to ruin that, too. The pretension was just unreal in that expansion. All these nobody pick-up raid leaders demanding "gear scores" for simple bosses with players running around like headless chickens. The best part about WotLK was that it was finally possible to access end-game content without a guild. Which was just as well, because on considering applying to a guild in that expansion I finally realized how out of touch I was--they required you to have certain "mods" to join the guild, basically things that told you how to fight a boss. Truly, by WotLK in 2008 the Internet invasion was in full effect. The only thing left to do to modernize the game was to make the entire old world like WotLK. I'll never forget how dull being a tank had become by WotLK. No one would listen to me or focus a target. The entire warrior class was being uprooted. Increasingly they were given AoE taunts and thunderclap became like that, everyone just piled on top of you and hit whatever. I don't see how anyone can say WotLK was still "good". It must be pretty fucking terrible now to ever say that.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob

Bastion

Educated
you can kiss any chance of vanilla legacy servers goodbye
I see these millions of players who will willingly roleplay once again through the same raids until the end of the world without any chance of an update.

Black_Willow

Arcane
It's cool to come in here and see people talking about vanilla WoW. I thought I'd never seen the end of "has WoW gotten too easy?", "have they ruined WoW", or "MMORPGs these days..." posts. Cataclysm was released 6 years ago. It's over. Get over it. It was already god awful in WotLK. Cut back on "twinks", give everyone (except new players) god mode 'heirloom' items, they had ruined battlegrounds, had pick up raids that people left after one wipe, giant monsters that dropped like paper dolls, aoe tanking for everyone, childish gimmick bosses with invulnerability and high hitpoints to disguise triviality (to kids), the game world was practically confined to one city, no one listened to group or raid leaders or had any patience any more. One wipe and they bailed. Farming farming farming. The only way I could enjoy WoW in WotLK was not to enter WotLK. By the next expansion they had found a way to ruin that, too. The pretension was just unreal in that expansion. All these nobody pick-up raid leaders demanding "gear scores" for simple bosses with players running around like headless chickens. The best part about WotLK was that it was finally possible to access end-game content without a guild. Which was just as well, because on considering applying to a guild in that expansion I finally realized how out of touch I was--they required you to have certain "mods" to join the guild, basically things that told you how to fight a boss. Truly, by WotLK in 2008 the Internet invasion was in full effect. The only thing left to do to modernize the game was to make the entire old world like WotLK. I'll never forget how dull being a tank had become by WotLK. No one would listen to me or focus a target. The entire warrior class was being uprooted. Increasingly they were given AoE taunts and thunderclap became like that, everyone just piled on top of you and hit whatever. I don't see how anyone can say WotLK was still "good". It must be pretty fucking terrible now to ever say that.
Still WotLK was the best.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
don't be a meanie
17786.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wrath>TBC>Vanilla>who cares about the rest? Although I do think Legion will probably be the best of 'nu-WoW' if only because there is now a progression path via 5 mans and ever-increasing/scaling Mythic tiers.

Revenant

Would anyone sign up for a Codexian guild in Legion? Considering Legion will focus a lot on 5man content, maybe we won't even need a lot of people to get something out of it. If we got 10+ Codexers, we might even do some Normal/Heroic raiding. Now, about the details:

region: Europe (because almost all people actively participating in this thread appear to play on EU);
faction: Horde (obviously).

Now, for the realm, this might require some adjustment. I play on The Maelstrom-Deathwing-Karazhan-Lightning's Blade connected realm, but if a significant portion of people wanted to play on an another realm, I'd transfer. My realm's playerbase is mostly from Nordic countries, we've also got Paragon, a world first guild. For this reason, everyone who might want to sign up post a realm you would like to play on. Or transfer or simply reroll, if you aren't that attached to your old character.

Of course, we are going to be completely :incloosive: - all races, classes and specs are allowed, so just play whatever you like and have fun!

Revenant

I have an American account as well, but the problem is I've already bought Legion on EU and would hate to have to buy it again...

Revenant

Wat, I wanted to boost a rogue with which I played probably a grand total of 15 minutes or so, but at least that got me the achievement of raising 5 classes to the max level. Also, because of the early access to the demon hunter class! :rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom