Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

ColCol

Arcane
I'm going to have to load an old save in order to level up more.

Scrub, lul

lol, still haven't had to load an old save yet. Though, it is not helping that of the map is generating groups of faceless each time I visit it. What shit.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's been a while but I think I'm going to gear up for another Underrail run over the next few days, maybe I'll even stomach DC this time.

Any cool new builds I should give a look?

Also, any news on DLC-esque content?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
An interesting challenge would be to make a diplomat hybrid to play in hard. And by diplomat I mean to pass all dialog skill checks in the game.

It seems to me like you'll have to ditch a big portion of crafting to make such a build viable and it annoys me that a melee build is best suited for this since ranged benefits greatly from crafting both weapons and special ammo, while you can find some great weapons in the dagger and the hammer category and they don't need ammo. I played a melee build in my last playthrough and I don't want another one.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
An interesting challenge would be to make a diplomat hybrid to play in hard. And by diplomat I mean to pass all dialog skill checks in the game.

It seems to me like you'll have to ditch a big portion of crafting to make such a build viable and it annoys me that a melee build is best suited for this since ranged benefits greatly from crafting both weapons and special ammo, while you can find some great weapons in the dagger and the hammer category and they don't need ammo. I played a melee build in my last playthrough and I don't want another one.

Challenge accepted.

Likely to be rage forthcoming.

Snufkin

Augur
It would be good idea to bump stealth and get aimed shot+snipe and spearhead sniper rifle with rapid reloader and anatomicly aware scope. Grab food for +1 str or wear regalia. There is room for both diplomacy and intimidate here.

http://underrail.info.tm/?build=AwG...DlHqIcNkJJneJFsSwR9iVYEOEgogoSbCOwxGtJAE4lioA

Dont forget to get +2 int from junkyard surprise so you can craft top tier eq.

Also use smart+muzzled 5mm Impala in close quarters for no penality. Even with 3 dex you still will be able to burst twice under efect of adrenaline. Idealy you will open up with snipe, then follow with premeditated elektrokinesis followed with aimed shot. That will grant you two kills, next round pop up adrenaline and finish everything off with smg.

Last edited:

epeli

Arcane

Challenge accepted.

You guys could try a pure psionic. All the speech, psi and crafting skills will easily fit thanks to your main attributes - will & int. Plus, you need to play psi guy in any case to pass the thought control and will dialog checks.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Challenge accepted.

You guys could try a pure psionic. All the speech, psi and crafting skills will easily fit thanks to your main attributes - will & int. Plus, you need to play psi guy in any case to pass the thought control and will dialog checks.
Meta is our friend. Do you happen to know what the max dialog skillckecks are?

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron

Challenge accepted.

Wait, you do? Shiiiit. I just finished the SGS quests up to Junkyard as a well-spoken knife guy. Welp, looks like I'm rerolling. Good shout epeli.

The most rage I encountered was at the start trying to kill psi-beetles, they kept shredding my low health pool and I could barely do damage to them, even with their exposed brains. Ended up stealthing past in the end.

Snufkin

Augur
MediantSamuel try my build i posted above. It should be powerful also combat wise.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ciir3nE.png

How did you stack 100 shock arrows in one utility slot? I could only stack 5 special bolts when I played back in January, did they change it in a patch or was I simply a retard?

epeli

Arcane
Meta is our friend. Do you happen to know what the max dialog skillckecks are?

Nope, I don't really remember any individual skillchecks. But here's the gist of how all skillchecks work: to pass a level n skillcheck, your effective skill needs to be at or above the base maximum for level n. So an early game level 2 skillcheck would require 20 skill, level 18 checks found somewhere around the late midgame will need 100 skill, the endgame stuff is around 130-135 skill (level 24-25) and so on.

So it's pretty easy to pass skillchecks of equal level content. If the supporting attribute of said skill is high, you can also save quite a bit of skillpoints.

How did you stack 100 shock arrows in one utility slot? I could only stack 5 special bolts when I played back in January, did they change it in a patch or was I simply a retard?

Yeah, it was changed. Most stack sizes were increased. The extra elemental damage on special bolts also crits now.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Looking for this merchzant couple from SGS that disapeared : is there a way to follow metro lines bewtween core city and south rail crossing ?

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Thanx, I will try anyway. And probably loose myself . I had a great time loosing myself in the underground in this game.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
ghostdog I ended up having to abandon my Hard "talker" playthrough in the GMS Warehouse. Those fucking sentry robots legitimately broke me and I hadn't the real life strength / willpower to overcome them.

Think I may just play again on Hard as a stealthy crossbow-traps guy, that was definitely my favourite playstyle. Was great to dive back into Underrail after a six month hiatus, though. I still love the OST and the atmosphere.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
ghostdog I ended up having to abandon my Hard "talker" playthrough in the GMS Warehouse. Those fucking sentry robots legitimately broke me and I hadn't the real life strength / willpower to overcome them.

Think I may just play again on Hard as a stealthy crossbow-traps guy, that was definitely my favourite playstyle. Was great to dive back into Underrail after a six month hiatus, though. I still love the OST and the atmosphere.
was it a psi talker, like epeli suggested?

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I'm not overly fond of psi either so it wasn't a great combo, heh. I got further with the knife-talker, but obviously wouldn't be able to pass Will checks with that one!

Snufkin

Augur
Try this PSI build:

3/3/3/10/3/16/8

Conditioning
Stoicism
Psychosis
Thermodynamicity
Premeditation
Psionic mania
Pyromaniac
Neural Overclocking
Locus of control
Psychostatic Electricity
Survival instincts
Juggernaut
Cryogenic Induction
Neurology

Key here is to use adrenaline shot, then use premeditatation and psionic mania followed by pyrokinesis and then spam cryostasis. Craft tactical vest with beetle, kevlar and reinforced fabric + good psi headband.

EDIT: I still think that you best char you can make is sniper with assault rifle or smg.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
EDIT: I still think that you best char you can make is sniper with assault rifle or smg.

My favoriute build so far: Guns/Sniper/SMG, Stealth, Lockpick, Hacking, Psychokinesis, Thought Control and Persuasion . As secondary Dodge, Evasion and Traps (need since cannot destroy traps with "Fireball", also synergy with Lockpicking)

Dwarvophile

Liturgist

My favoriute build so far: Guns/Sniper/SMG, Stealth, Lockpick, Hacking, Psychokinesis, Thought Control and Persuasion . As secondary Dodge, Evasion and Traps (need since cannot destroy traps with "Fireball", also synergy with Lockpicking)

I have the exact same build ! I started on the same path but with crossbow. As soon as I could I took one more strenght point to be able to use snipper guns. I quikly dumped crossbows.

It's a great build, lot's of fun.

Jazz_

Arcane
Any suggestion about what should I buy/get at the start of the game? I'm doing the first quest (the generators one) and already the first rathounds kick my ass, especially in that narrow area after the initial easy encounters where stealth is useless and there 3-4 of them ganking up on you. I'm using a pistol, and I have a rathound leather armor on (pretty much the only thing I could afford from the guy in the armory). What's the most cost-effective way to heal yourself in this game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom