Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

hivemind

4qjCjYz.jpg

:lol:

this reads like one of those joke quotes where a movie characters says the name of the movie

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sure, bring Illidan back. Why not? They already brought Nefarion back with little explanation, and Kel'thuzud with none. I'm sure Arthas will be back in whatever the next expansion is.

Martius

Liturgist
Probably in ever more stupid way since from the end of WotLK another character became Lich King.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Sure, bring Illidan back. Why not? They already brought Nefarion back with little explanation, and Kel'thuzud with none. I'm sure Arthas will be back in whatever the next expansion is.
The Sunwell was only a setback!

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So there's a mount currently in the alpha that costs two million gold to buy. And according to Blizz it's not an error or place holder:

Some of the vendor's details may be tweaked, and there's been very good feedback in the thread on the relative attractiveness of the different items, but the 2mil price tag for the mount is not likely to change.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743595664?page=3#54

Assuming $20 gets you 40k gold. That's $1,000 for 2 million. $1000 mounts! Who said this game didn't have microtransactions? They be hunting them whales!

But $20 gets you 85k+ on EU.

Funded me buying every single heirloom I could so I can infinitely level alts in comfort.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
This is probably the closest Blizzard will get to legacy servers.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20095768?page=1#1

Due to the accumulated effect of years’ worth of max-level tuning adjustments, many classes were killing low-level enemies nearly instantaneously, even without heirloom gear or other advantages. A summary of the hotfixes follows:

• Most quest bosses from level 1-20 should now be multitap and will scale their health with the numbers of players fighting them.
  • Added dynamic respawn behavior to most level 1-20 outdoor areas, so that spawns will be more readily available during times of high player traffic.
  • Players who die in low-level dungeons should now release to the entrance of the dungeon, consistent with the practice in dungeons from more recent expansions.
  • Level 1-10 enemy NPCs now deal slightly more damage.
  • Reduced the bonus to out-of-combat health regeneration that players receive when below level 20.
  • Reduced player damage at low levels to improve overall combat pacing. In general, Strength and Agility classes saw a larger reduction in damage than did casters. Damage dealt is unchanged from level 40 onwards.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
These changes seem utterly pointless other than to make a more interesting experience for people who try the game because of it being free with buying a ticket to the Warcraft movie. 1-20 takes maybe five or six hours even without heirloom gear.

Caim

Arcane

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You know, I kind of figured from the trailer it would be bad, but I didn't think it would be that bad.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't understand how people stay subscribed to this game consistently. I'm bored after a week.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's funny that someone from Blizzard would leave it to become a writer. The movie was bound to be shit. Anyway, WoW - the only redemption this game has left is if they bring out Legacy servers. I've been really salty recently that they shut down Nost, even though I didn't play that much (got to 59 with a priest and decided that I had other games to play). I can't put into words how shit Legion looks, it's going to be literally worse than Korean MMOs. I don't even know who they are trying to cater to nowadays, I can't imagine the type of person who would like this piece of shit or feel any sort of fulfillment or joy.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The movie was bound to be shit.
It's shit because the director couldn't weave the whole thing into one cohesive piece.

Wanted to see Batman vs Superman but it was over. So I went to this. The auditorium was filled with 10 year olds with their moms, WoW's main target audience these days.

I bet if they got the people who used to do the old Blizzard Cinematics (Diablo 1/2, Warcraft 3, early WoW stuff) to make a CGI movie about WoW, they might have done much better than this. Those guys were good.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have no idea who decided that the world needed a Warcraft movie anyway. I read that it needs $500 million revenue to break even and that won't be reached soon, so money was probably not the main goal. Is it some kind of PR move? For what? WoW is already more popular than Jesus Christ. It's just shit and only people with very low standards continue to play it based on the sub numbers. Bringing out a movie won't make the other people come back. They can waste 500 million dollars on the shitty movie, but they don't have enough money for Legacy. Unless other people didn't pay them for the license to make the movie that is or some other shenanigans.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
I have no idea who decided that the world needed a Warcraft movie anyway. I read that it needs $500 million revenue to break even and that won't be reached soon, so money was probably not the main goal. Is it some kind of PR move? For what? WoW is already more popular than Jesus Christ. It's just shit and only people with very low standards continue to play it based on the sub numbers. Bringing out a movie won't make the other people come back. They can waste 500 million dollars on the shitty movie, but they don't have enough money for Legacy. Unless other people didn't pay them for the license to make the movie that is or some other shenanigans.
To increase brand value.

Look at how the Star Wars videogames kept that brand alive for 20 years without new movies. 3 films will get them to Warcraft 4/WoW 2.

The only way Jay Wilson leaving is a good move for him is if he landed a contract to pen the screenplay for the next Warcraft movie. So maybe he isn't done raping Blizzard's legacy after all.

Caim

Arcane
I wonder when Blizzard is going to have a new idea instead of recycling old ones. Lately it's either rehashing old stuff (WoD, Legion) or adding increasinlgy silly stuff (MoP).

Or just, you know, make fucking Warcraft 4 already.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I doubt Starcraft makes as much for them as Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, or Overwatch. Don't expect a Warcraft 4 ever.

Caim

Arcane
I doubt Starcraft makes as much for them as Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, or Overwatch. Don't expect a Warcraft 4 ever.
Yeah, true. It's the curse of the microtransaction money. Blizzard is on the same road as Valve is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom