Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"DRPG" Stranger of Sword City

Zetor

Arcane
It is remappable. (Or do you mean gamepad?)
Gah, of course now I notice that the options menu is actually multi-window without popamole western degeneracy like "submenus" or "tabs"... well then.

JAPAN! /shakefist

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
sB8ms7t.jpg

Problem, poorfags? :martini:

Yes, been beta'ing it and I've still not quite completed the post game. It's a bit grindy for the last two boss fights, especially if you've been multi-classing like a boss trying to break the game and only succeeding in extending my grinding time!

FFS gents, how many blobbers do we get released over here in the west? If you like this style of game, how can you NOT buy this? It's not perfect, (although pretty bug free, some weirdness with the volume sliders notwithstanding), but it certainly is 'good for what it is'- which is a blobber with great character design, some relatively challenging combat and a pretty decent story. The artwork is fantastic as well, if you go with the original art, (I can't imagine anyone changing to the abomination that is the new art over the old one.)

I've been biting my tongue the last few weeks as they had an NDA even though it was on Vita already, but it's certainly worth the price they're asking here in Euroland. If you get 50 hours out of it, (which you will, at least), then you can't say you've been short changed.

Of course, this only applies if you like blobbers. If you don't, then WTF are you doing in this thread?

In summary: :takemymoney:

Zeriel

Arcane
Out of curiosity, are your saves compatible with the release version?

If so, kek @ leaderboards.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
No clue if release build is different, I'm running build 1135444.

Not seen any options for leaderboards anywhere in game though.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
FFS gents, how many blobbers do we get released over here in the west? If you like this style of game, how can you NOT buy this?

It's a 2 year old game sold at premium price. Japanese games have usually been sold at a very low price when they've arrived on steam a year or more later after its console release.

Zetor

Arcane
Eh, 27ish euros isn't a big deal imo -- though I'd probably feel different if I bought it on the vita first.

So far the game feels pretty solid, it's refreshing to have an EXP blobber with actual character/party development options for a change. The real hat trick would be if they succeeded at making a postgame that wasn't a grindy boring pile of boredom... gonna see how it goes.

jimmy_pvish

Savant
After discount, it's around 15.50 'Murica's dollar in my country.

This is from 3rd worldian, which pay 0.9$/hour. (still too high in corporate eyes, they want to pay 0.6$ with unpaid lunch break)

Zeriel

Arcane
Main character not losing life points means you should always start as an old man, right?

The wapanese level in this game is really high, there are too many intermissions I think. Systems are good but the KAWAII DESU stoppages aren't really my cup of tea.

It actually reminds me of Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land but the story bits were done much better in that game.

Oh well, I'm still at the beginning, maybe it gets a lot better later on. At least the art style isn't aggressively bad.

The Fish

Arcane
The default "Type A" art is the better one.

Anyone having any trouble with crashing? It always seems to crash, seemingly at random points. It took five attempts to make it to the first save point.

It's not crashing at all for me, and yeah I'm using the Type A art aka least amount of animu cringe.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
The default "Type A" art is the better one.

Anyone having any trouble with crashing? It always seems to crash, seemingly at random points. It took five attempts to make it to the first save point.

No crashes in 100 hours for me, but there were a couple of reports from guys with better PC's than mine. What's the refresh rate of your monitor? It seems the crash reports are from guys with monitors above 60Hz. Game speed seems tied into refresh rate, so it might be a place to start.

Mind you, I've just seen there's an update queued so that might solve it now they've got a bigger sample of users. Beta seemed pretty small and there were very few bugs reported.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Main character not losing life points means you should always start as an old man, right?

I now regret making a 16 year old school girl as a main...

Game seems to run perfectly stable, but it goes ape shit fast. 120Hz monitor + refresh rate in windowed fullscreen.

Zeriel

Arcane

Game seems to run perfectly stable, but it goes ape shit fast. 120Hz monitor + refresh rate in windowed fullscreen.

Yeah, you coulda been a 99-year-old schoolgirl.

What's the highest bonus points roll people have gotten with their main character? I've seen 26 once. JPN wiki says 33 is the max, so I guess if main character would have been allowed Fortunate talent 26 would be almost the max.

Zetor

Arcane

What's the highest bonus points roll people have gotten with their main character? I've seen 26 once. JPN wiki says 33 is the max, so I guess if main character would have been allowed Fortunate talent 26 would be almost the max.
I've seen 2x spin past a few times, but the highest I ever got was 17 on my max-age fortunate MC. For party members I go with age 40 for 7 bonus and 2 LP, and I have yet to get anything above 11.

(my patience at RNG chargen fuckery in these games has significantly diminished in my old age. getoffmylawn.jpg)

Zeriel

Arcane

I've seen 2x spin past a few times, but the highest I ever got was 17. For party members I go with age 40 for 7 bonus and 2 LP, and I have yet to get anything above 11.

(my patience at RNG chargen fuckery in these games has significantly diminished in my old age. getoffmylawn.jpg)

The roll range seems to be a lot more restricted in this game than most Wizardry clones, yeah. It's hard to get above 10, even with the 10 bonus points minimum. Supposedly stats cap is initial starting value AFTER you use bonus points + 20, though, which incentivizes rerolling a lot more than, say, Elminage where starting stats don't matter much in long run.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom