Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

Severian Silk

Still, assets weren't being recycled so much. Might as well be playing a roguelike if all the building interiors are the same.

Also, the quests so far are pretty banal. "Go here, get this, kill this dude." That's all there basically is to the game.

Only thing I really like is the exterior landscape and architecture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I made a new version of my filter mod. It's called Morrowind Brushed. And IMO it looks better than Morrowind Watercolored. Here are some pics, though.

Alma.jpg

Alma_Moses.jpg

Moses.jpg

Only_He_Stands_There.jpg

Environmental_Storytelling.jpg

Molag_Amur.jpg

View.jpg

Nix_Hound.jpg

Quality_writing.jpg

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Neat. Do you post it anywhere?

I like to shitpost it on 4chan's /vg/ Elder Scrolls general.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uaaac86qbch5t/Morrowind_Files

Here's a rundown of the files in that folder:

- Morrowind Unofficial Patch: a compilation of fixes I put together. You literally need Morrowind, the Code Patch, and that mod to have a fixed Morrowind installation. Install MGE XE on top for graphical goodness.
- Morrowind Improved: a compilation of small mods I put together. Includes the Unofficial Patch. Makes Morrowind look better in small but meaningful ways. The intent of the compilation is to be undistinguishable from the vanilla game for someone who hasn't played it first. The most controversial plugins included can be turned off without problem, like Magic Diversity (which overhauls spell animations and is responsible for those silly wings in the above pic) and Passive Healthy Wildlife (stops animals from blindly rushing your way, unless you stand next to them provoking them, a la Gothic).

- Morrowind Brushed Part 1
- Morrowind Brushed Part 2

Self-explanatory.

- Morrowind Brushed - Morrowind Improved Patch: install Morrowind Brushed Part 1 & 2, then Morrowind Improved, and then this patch on top.
- Morrowind Brushed - Tamriel Rebuilt 16.03 Patch: install Tamriel Rebuilt 16.03 and then this patch.

That is practically my entire Morrowind installation. I have installed a few more mods on top of that, but Skies IV is the only thing you see in the pictures (everything else are balance mods I didn't include in the Improved compilation).

- Morrowind Brushed - Westly's Heads: install if you like his heads.
- Morrowind Brushed - Khajiit Head Pack / Pluginless Khajiit Head Replacer: first one adds many new Khajiit heads and gives different Khajiit NPCs unique heads, second is just a normal replacer.

I don't use those two.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The mod to end all mods is here.

Morrowind 2 is a canonical sequel to The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, taking place shortly after the events of TES3. Since its events contradict those depicted in TESIV: Oblivion and TESV: Skyrim, those games are no longer considered canon.

"You trespass in my home and I'll stomp you into paste" -Dagoth Ur

Caim

Arcane
Only recipe you need to know: ash yam + bloat

:gumpyhead:
Below, your best friend in Morrowind:

MW-npc-Aunius_Autrus.jpg
Who is this?
Aunius Autrus, the spellmaker in Sadrith Mora's Imperial shrine. He sells an infinitely restocking amount of Ash Yam, Bloat and Netch Leather. Ten of the former, five each for the latter. By combining these ingredients you can make up to ten potions (depending on your skills) of Fortify Intelligence. Alchemy is governed by the Intelligence skill, and if you drink a batch of potions before making a new one your stats will increase exponentially until you have several million intelligence for a few in-game years.

At that point you can go and make potions that fortify other things to make you a god.

Severian Silk

Morrowind 2 is a canonical sequel to The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, taking place shortly after the events of TES3. Since its events contradict those depicted in TESIV: Oblivion and TESV: Skyrim, those games are no longer considered canon.

:lol:

Deleted Member 16721

I'm still hoping for a true "spiritual successor" to Morrowind. Maybe some indie developer team full of ancient dinosaurs who remember the game can get together, spend an insane amount of time, take a huge risk and make a game resembling Morrowind. Kickstart that thing.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? :)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
As soon as Zenimax declares bankruptcy, a team of upstart developers can swoop in, acquire the Elder Scrolls IP, and create The Elder Scrolls IV: Summurset Isle, where the player finally has the opportunity to see Morgiah as Queen of Firsthold that we've been waiting for since 1996. And the "IV" isn't a typo.

Severian Silk

I made a new version of my filter mod. It's called Morrowind Brushed. And IMO it looks better than Morrowind Watercolored. Here are some pics, though.

Alma.jpg

Alma_Moses.jpg

Moses.jpg

Only_He_Stands_There.jpg

Environmental_Storytelling.jpg

Molag_Amur.jpg

View.jpg

Nix_Hound.jpg

Quality_writing.jpg
Are you using a different graphics engine? Shadows look better.

Severian Silk

I'm not using MGE XE, so that's why.

If I install it will my savegames still work?

Severian Silk

What is considered "winning" the game? I killed Dagoth Ur accidentally while completing a different quest. I'm not interested in playing the expansions. Am I done?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom