Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Expansion

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Uh, why is Axii II - Domination Puppet still not working when Axii I - Delusion is equipped? I thought they shd've fixed this by now?

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
So glad they're done with this franchise for now.
2077 in fourth quarter of 2018.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
they took out the "?" icons (point of interest) from the main map? I only see option to enable/disable them on the minimap.

Gerrard

Arcane
they took out the "?" icons (point of interest) from the main map? I only see option to enable/disable them on the minimap.
You have to hover over the legend on the map screen to show everything, then you can click on categories to disable them.

The improvements to UI are great, except for the part where inventory and shops are now slow as shit.

typical user

Arbiter
You guys also have this bug when you click to fast travel then Geralt will attack after traveling? I guess the game takes the input (LPM) and thinks player wants to attack because the map window closes quicker than before. It is annoying since guards will scold you.

Gerrard

Arcane
nZ1rZyS.jpg

:salute:
Too bad his grave is backwards.

You have to hover over the legend on the map screen to show everything,

I did what you've said but there are no ? icons
NIoZbLH.jpg

Well, there are in my game.

Perkel

Arcane
still pushing my way through piles of platters, laddles and other stupid clutter..

There is mod for that though not updated to 1.21 yet. It removes almost all cluter and leaves only important stuff.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Just started playing the expansion, killed the first "boss" if you could call it that and explored the countryside for a bit.

I kinda wish CD Projekt had just focused 100% on Cyberpunk instead of making DLC for a year. This game was already very bloated at launch, they could have cut something like 75% of the sidequests and a lot of the filler story missions and it would still be a large game. Then they pile on more with two unnecessary expansions.

Edit: Especially when you consider how unfinished many parts of the game are.
I wanted proper closure for the Bloody Baron quest and some kind of follow up for "freeing" Temeria via the vassalage treaty with Nilfgaard, among many others. I'd gladly trade a bunch of pointless fetch quests/monster contracts for finishing content that was actually interesting.

Last edited:

NullFlow

Savant
I completed B&W and a good 20 hours in. Still got a significant amount of side content so I'm giving it another go from a previous save before an important quest. I think it's a good expansion, but I doubt it will fall under the greats. It borrows more from the cons of the base game than its pros, or even from HoS.

Gerrard

Arcane
Edit: Especially when you consider how unfinished many parts of the game are.
I wanted proper closure for the Bloody Baron quest and some kind of follow up for "freeing" Temeria via the vassalage treaty with Nilfgaard, among many others. I'd gladly trade a bunch of pointless fetch quests/monster contracts for finishing content that was actually interesting.
What's the matter, a body hanging from a tree not enough of a closure for you?

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
It is not. If people are playing the Witcher 3 for the combat, then they are already doing it wrong. Witcher 3 and the expansions boast some amazing story, very well told.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Yeah, the combat is still as mediocre/bad as always, but I'm loving the story in B&W so far, as well as the general feel and look of Toussaint. They fucking nailed it, it's just as I imagined it in the books.

janior

Arcane
Patron
They added some elements from Sims, like painting your armour and owning a house, pretty pointless stuff. Not that they were not present before...
I hope they're not going to expand those in their future productions :negative:.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
The combat system is what it is, but you can tell they put some effort into the encounter design and the new (or "new") enemy types to make individual fights stand out. Giant centipedes need to be trapped with Yrden, kikimores increase your toxicity, wights summon barghests for their aid, panthers are just lightning-fast... Like in HoS, the amount of trash mobs has also been turned down a bit from the main game, so that you get a lower number of fights with more thought put into them. It doesn't make the combat great or anything, but I'd say that what B&W has to offer is generally better than pretty much anything the main game had after level 8 or so.

From what I've seen so far, I'd also say the worldbuilding's noticeably better, with PoI's integrated into the game world much more naturally (and some new PoI types being introduced as well), great use of verticality and landmarks, more logical placing of monsters, and so on. My only real complaint in comparison to the main game is that the quests sometimes like to take you on rails and teleport you around like AoD on crack, which I personally don't like since fast travel sucks and I'd rather plan my trips ahead and navigate the game world by myself. It's a minor complaint in this context but a pet peeve of mine.

It is also possible to lose in Gwent. Unlikely, but possible.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Finished it(the main quest) earlier today.

Story isn't bad overall, most of the characters are well-written.
But, it's weaker than Hearts of Stone to be honest, especially in terms of c&c. Most of the dialogue choices and decisions i've made didn't seem to matter at all.

actually confirmed that some made no difference by save scumming, will have to replay for the rest

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You should play Dragon Age Inquisition Next.
We can Co-Op in there too. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom