Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dialogue heavy games with MC input ?

Supermedo

Augur
I'm looking for RPG that heavy on the character dialogue element with the ability that you can avoid battles, unlock extra story bits thought Charming/Speech, tons of banter between character with MC input.
I been playing tons of tactical combat games that I want to take break of combat, I don't mind the game is heavy on combat a little as long as it have the points mentioned above.

The Games I played:
-Gothic Series / Risen 1
-Baldur Gate / Icewindale / Fallout series
-Neverwinter Nights
-Dragon Age 1 - 2
-The Witcher series
-Vampire Masquerade
-Deus ex series

Last edited:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
bqmQJAK.jpg

Dialogue-heavy as fuck

NullFlow

Savant
Planescape: Torment is about as good as you can get that's not on the list.

Perkel

Arcane
Planescape and Alpha Protocol.

Both have shit gameplay but other parts of game excel.

Alpha Protocol? Joking, right? Console corridor shooter with interactive cutscenes, as far from PST as could be.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Alpha Protocol? Joking, right? Console corridor shooter with interactive cutscenes, as far from PST as could be.
He wasn't asking for games like Torment, he was asking for games that do specific things with dialogue, and Alpha Protocol's dialogue system definitely fits the bill.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The three Mass Effects and Dragon Age 3 should keep him busy for a while.

valcik

Arcane
Arcanum. Combat can't be completely avoided though. Just don't ask what MCA thinks and go for it!

Malpercio

Arcane
How does one post on the Codex and hasn't played Torment? :philosoraptor:

Maybe we should put "What can change the nature of a man?" in the registration options. Put also a nude pic of Ravel to fuck with newfriends or something.

Supermedo

Augur
Alright, seems I have to play Planescape Torment , It was in my To-play list, I guess it is about time to get to it.

Lemming42

Arcane
Backing the already-mentioned Planescape, Age of Decadence and Alpha Protocol.

If you play Alpha Protocol as a stealth game (ie try to go totally undetected and deal with guards using stealth takedowns) then the action segments become a lot more tolerable and a lot less reminiscent of Mass Effect.

Walden

Savant
Alright, seems I have to play Planescape Torment , It was in my To-play list, I guess it is about time to get to it.
It should be a forum registration requirement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom