Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nonsense n' Chaos

Zibniyat

Arcane
There was no need for that now, since the hosting already happened. But if coldcrow needs it, fine by me.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Someone's lost 3 forts in 6 turns, and it's not me. :smug:

vfL0KMi.jpg

Zzz

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Your armies are absolutely vicious.

D9 with minor air sacred archers is basically 0 research flaming arrows. And your archers happen to be very good melee fighters, too!

I have no idea what to do against you. My original plan for this game was to take advantage of my armies being flying, to spam earthquake everywhere, but that wouldn't work against you. (I also read later that earthquake sucks against armoured units everywhere, so it looks like it wouldn't have helped in LA anyway.)

Oh well, at least it's quick.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
That's natgen mod for you, some nations get really good troops. And I hate shapechanging, forgot to shift back from devil into mage form, so no flaming arrows in a throne fight. Oh, and blood eceonomy sucks :negative:

KoolNoodles

Arcane

D9 with minor air sacred archers is basically 0 research flaming arrows.

Antimagic and arrow fend/storm would help here. I'm guessing you lack the paths and research though.

Zzz

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

D9 with minor air sacred archers is basically 0 research flaming arrows.

Antimagic and arrow fend/storm would help here. I'm guessing you lack the paths and research though.
Yeah, I don't have air or astral. Purely a nature/earth (+minor blood) nation.

Edit:
20160519211045_1.jpg
A map of the world (for ants). Map seems to be divided nicely into three. I'm not too clear on what happened in the south, but Ibernote (yellow/white) has been attacked by Brooden (green) and Damanhur (purple). In the east, Damanhur and Aghardu (lilac+book) ganged up on Hopia, only for Hopia to take out Aghardu with his scary sacreds. Damanhur is now cleaning up.

In the west, Tamaror has exploded across Ravance's (dead) lands, and I (Tlequetlan, in the aqua+tree) have been being attacked by him and Marabia (vomit green). (Well, I did try to raid him (unsuccessfully, I might add, turns out zotz just die or run away when they meet any resistance) when he was killing Ravance, and then refused to give up Ravence's gems...)

It is likely that I'll go AI in a couple of turns, since I don't see a way out of this situation. Thanks everyone for the game :salute:
I hope next time I actually manage to transition into mid-game without dying. Anhur, good luck getting Isiloon's gems :smug:

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Sorry for the delays, guys. This was a rather large turn, due to some unforseen happenstances. I'll try to be more in time.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
My pretender is in. Nation - Tamaror. :smug:

From the looks of the battle report (which I've seen in-game as well ;)) I'm not sure there's anybody left with an army there...

In other news, I must say, it feels good playing as Caelum* again. It just somehow feels right. Playing it is like breathing clean, fresh and chilly mountain air. Quite refreshing. I'm LOVING IT.

Also, more fliers are on their way, fresh recruitments from my forts. :smug:

P.S. Gilafron , I just wanted to say that I somewhat like mondblut Brooden, so I hope you plan no undesirable moves against them. My fliers can, after all, reach far...:smug:

*LA Tamaror is basically LA Caelum with some sacred non-flying archers... kinda like sacred crossbowmen of LA Caleum.

Says the guy whose (former) half the territory is now under my control. :smug:

Which is subjective and completely misses the point. It isn't about betrayal *at all*.

It is about fun. Yes, precisely and primarily about fun.

I remember in one of Decline games, upon being presented with a map choice, me and sqeecoo made an arrangement even before the game officially started. I think not even 12 turns into the game that sqeeeco betrayed me, and plunged ourselves into a pathetic war that of course caused my demise, but it was still fun and I sure am not going to hold some fucking .txt file about not trusting sqeeco for doing it. Instead, I'm grateful for his betrayal and the lesson I learned. The lesson being "fuck grand pre-start arrangements and be more careful when expanding with a pretender".

Then there's the Decline 7, a game which took some 85 turns to end. I had a lengthy border with Dreaad 's Arcoscephale, but in spite of it, and in spite of even having an opportunity well before it, it took me some (I don't even remember any more) 50+ turns to actually attack them, and the attack came when there was only 4 (out of 10?) of us left, with clear strategical necessity for it to happen. Why didn't I attack them before and "betrayed" our NAP? Because I had actually fun exploring the late game, I wanted to reach many research goals, build as many artefacts as I could, cast some globals etc. It wouldn't be as fun to me to attack Arco before. Also, I was the last one to even get involved in any conflict at all, my first target being an ailing fucking AI at the 45th turn!

And yes, there's the single game in which both of us played as opponents, where I used every opportunity to betray you because it was *fun* to do so. I still remember hilarious messaging exchanges between not only us, but also with other players who said something along the lines "Watching Dayyālu 's reactions to my betrayals is gold!", and I couldn't agree more. The very act of betraying you *was fun*. And I'd do it again without second thought if I'd have at least a minimum of strategic and tactical advantage against you. Which was enabled by Caelum. :smug:

Now, there was some particular point I've wanted to make, but I'm going to have to content myself with the initial statement that it isn't about me being "prone" to betrayal, which the examples I've made here clearly state, but I'm just sometimes fun-prone and willing to even sacrifice the victory for it.

Stop being so butthurt about this.

Actually, you know what? Don't stop being butthurt. I love it when you accuse me of being "especially betrayal-prone" etc. Like I said, these messages of yours are hilarious and funny to me, and I appreciate them GREATLY.:smug:

(Edit: Do notice that I've even brofisted Isiloon's post here about our PMs. I'm not at all angry or uncomfortable with him revealing our PMs. On the contrary, it is funny and so be it.)

But... perhaps I am in fact somehow especially betrayal prone nonetheless? Still, that misses the point. This is a game, not some LARP where real people would be affected and harmed by my betrayals, so excuse me if I find that fun. Even when used against me.

I propose you switch your nation to AI.:smug:

Ravencian economy is so ruined that they don't even have the money to put some PD in their provinces any more, not even in their home province. :smug:

^ If someone needs a translation of whatever was said there... here it is.

This turn, Ravence has lost their only remaining fortress - their Capital. They've also lost their prophet. What's left of their former power is exactly 9 Crossbowmen and 9 Radiant Marauders (their sacreds), plus few assassins and *maybe* a few more units in the last 2 provinces that are under their control.

Ravence is finished. :smug:

Hey, you're defeated, finished, gone. Stop meddling in our politics!

Guys, fear not, I have no intention of attacking anyone (sans indies) any time soon.

Relax. :smug:

Well, it's really simple.

Isiloon is just :butthurt: that I roflstomped him so early in the game, after his meticulous efforts at securing NAPs with everyone, but my betrayal has obviously touched him so deeply (lel) that he spews his :edgy: all over the thread now, trying to convince and rally my neighbours to become :mob:, so that they can exact revenge upon me. Of course, me being :smug: to the entire development is an additional motive for him to be :argh:, as in his own words he "never faced a player who is so brazen about this". Still though, I must admit that - in spite of defeat - Isiloon is still very entertaining, so I guess I must congratulate him for what appears to be :greatjob: at amusing us all.

Someone's lost 3 forts in 6 turns, and it's not me. :smug:

vfL0KMi.jpg

Zzz 's (Zzzs'?) Tlalquetlan is now an AI.:smug:

So, who got their gems?:smug:

So, I've just invaded Damanhur. And my victim chose to make his first stale turn. :smug:

...................:smug::smug:..........:smug::smug:
...................:smug::smug:.......... :smug::smug:

:smug: .........................................................:smug:
.....:smug:.................................................:smug:
...........:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

:deadhorse:

Zibniyat

Arcane
coldcrow missed his turn again. That's 2 consecutive stales. Now, of course, it suits my agenda, but it always feels like cheating, and I prefer not to cheat... If need be, I suppose we could extend turn times (currently 48 h) or something...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom