Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

5cWI7AA.gif

I've mostly played Rogue for the few months I've played during the last several expansions. It's a good class for solo'ing and just derping around the world without having to deal with crap (via stealth).

What kind of stuff do you need to deal with these days? Did you actually run into someone in the gameworld outside of one of the major hubs? I last played right before Cataclysm came out, and even then I could barely see anyone in the wildnerness zones, everyone was sitting in Stormwind or some other city, waiting for some queue to finish, and bullshitting around in chat.

Back in the earlier WoW days though, effing rogues... I remember questing in cross-faction zones on a PvP server, every once in a while, some rogue 20+ levels above you would pop out behind you, one hit kill you, and pop back into stealth. Fun stuff.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
CRZ. They essentially soft-merge servers to artificially generate player traffic.

Aildrik

Savant
....and all the Blizzard social justice warriors pounce. Because you know, discussing anything negative about WoW means you are just a hater.

Caim

Arcane
I wonder what they would do with Warcraft 4 though. Continue where Warcraft 3 ended and go from there, making games based on vanilla, BC, WotLC, Cata, MoP, WoD and now Legion? That could be seven games already without having to come up with new stuff that might invalidate previous lore.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I wonder what they would do with Warcraft 4 though. Continue where Warcraft 3 ended and go from there, making games based on vanilla, BC, WotLC, Cata, MoP, WoD and now Legion? That could be seven games already without having to come up with new stuff that might invalidate previous lore.
Implying Blizzard have ever cared about invalidating previous lore, in any of their games...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They reinvent their lore every three or four years. Now they'll probably stop since they wrote it down in a book but you never know.

Zeriel

Arcane
They reinvent their lore every three or four years. Now they'll probably stop since they wrote it down in a book but you never know.

There's no way they'll resist the temptation to change everything with the next expansion. They do that every year.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Seeing as how last two expansions are basically re-threads of the old WoW lore, no doubt the next one will be Arthas 2: Scourgic Boogaloo. In it, every player becomes a Lich King, with Necromancer as the new class. It can tank, dps and heal. Makes no sense design-wise, but you can't have a class that doesn't do everything, ofc.

Zetor

Arcane
They should pull a Diablo 2 and make the 'heroes' of previous xpacs into main antagonists. Having slain old gods, titans (etc), reveling in the cosmic god-tier power they have acquired, they decide to just conquer the world ~for the greater good~. I, for one, am looking forward to the open-world raid against Sephíróthxz as he's leading <Pretentious Latin Name>'s 20-man mythic raid group to raze Stormwind. He may even drop the World First Main Tank battle pet if you're lucky!

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So there's a mount currently in the alpha that costs two million gold to buy. And according to Blizz it's not an error or place holder:

Some of the vendor's details may be tweaked, and there's been very good feedback in the thread on the relative attractiveness of the different items, but the 2mil price tag for the mount is not likely to change.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743595664?page=3#54

Assuming $20 gets you 40k gold. That's $1,000 for 2 million. $1000 mounts! Who said this game didn't have microtransactions? They be hunting them whales!

Caim

Arcane
For that kind of money you'd better get to ride Alexstrasza and/or Ysera, in their dragon form in the air and their elf form on the ground.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Well, no doubt some big fish will buy the mount by exchaging Tokens but it's still another goldsink for top gold earners who always have a lot of gold laying around.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron

World Of God Of War. Another small step towards inevitable console port.

It does look kinda cool though :oops:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Especially considering he was dead after TBC and they just revived him/retconned that for Legion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom