Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
I will, thanks. I've enjoyed every major Paradox game except for CK1/2 and HOI3 (which, somehow, are Codex favorites). I'm sure that - as one of the sheeple - Stellaris will appeal to my sensibilities.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Really? You've spent a ton of time arguing with people's subjective tastes in recreational activity. I would think you can argue with anything.

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
Really? You've spent a ton of time arguing with people's subjective tastes in recreational activity. I would think you can argue with anything.

I dont argue about anything. I just call out your idiocy, such as claiming that "subjective taste" has anything to do with horrendous business practices and incredibly poorly designed mod support. You can like it all you want. It doesnt change the fact that the company is garbage. Id love to see this "ton of time" ive spent on this. Oh. its just something youre pullling out of your ass.

Inspectah

Savant
What's up with the tech randomization?
It was great in a shorter game like alpha centauri, but I don't know what to think about it when it comes to a grand strategy game

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
DakaSha: 'I don't argue about anything. I just [argues about why Paradox games are bad].'

No worries.

Id love to see this "ton of time" ive spent on this.

Over the last two accounts you've had, how much time would you estimate you spent arguing about the quality of games? If it's more than ten minutes (it is), then, brother, you're on a losing hand, and you're still digging.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It was great in a shorter game like alpha centauri, but I don't know what to think about it when it comes to a grand strategy game

Alpha Centaur did not have random tech.

Also it is not pure random. Your Ethos, Government type and scientist specializations gives you more wight to getting specific techs and they tend to give you acces to specific techs more often then others so your basic things will still be there, but the more rare tecs like say "Psy powers" will be more likely to come op in a spiritualist race then say materialist.

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
DakaSha: 'I don't argue about anything. I just [argues about why Paradox games are bad].'

No worries.

Id love to see this "ton of time" ive spent on this.

Over the last two accounts you've had, how much time would you estimate you spent arguing about the quality of games? If it's more than ten minutes (it is), then, brother, you're on a losing hand, and you're still digging.

:lol:

Inspectah

Savant

Alpha Centaur did not have random tech.

Also it is not pure random. Your Ethos, Government type and scientist specializations gives you more wight to getting specific techs and they tend to give you acces to specific techs more often then others so your basic things will still be there, but the more rare tecs like say "Psy powers" will be more likely to come op in a spiritualist race then say materialist.

You could turn on blind research though

acer palmatum

Scholar

Depends - I don't think there are "must have to win technologies" in there, that one could miss. Then it would be bad, really bad. Even more so as Paradox games eat lots of hours.
But then, Paradox games are never really about winning - they are about having a nice stroll through time.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shit I don't think I'll withstand the temptation. Shady cdkey providers here I come!

Whiran

Magister
I am among the weak willed as well.

I bought it.

I hope it's good. It seems like it'll be fun and I'm not a particularly hardcore player so here's hoping!

Torrasque01

Augur
Morans. Anyway looking at playthroughs humans are way too :incloosive: .

One of the first mods should have just white and azn men in leadership positions with a small minority of womyn. No muds.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

One of the first mods should have just white and azn men in leadership positions with a small minority of womyn. No muds.
Call it "Immersive Human Leaders" or something.

dehimos

Augur

Military Republic
This government is a militaristic form of democracy, where full citizenship can only be gained through military service. The voting franchise is limited to full citizens, and they are the only ones allowed to hold public offices.

llgtwnx.png

Doma

Augur

Military Republic
This government is a militaristic form of democracy, where full citizenship can only be gained through military service. The voting franchise is limited to full citizens, and they are the only ones allowed to hold public offices.

llgtwnx.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mobile infantry... join up to die the most horrific deaths known to mankind. Same goes for the marines in Halo. If you are not disintegrated in space a plasma bolt will probably burn a hole through your stomach while on ground :)

I love how these sci-fi universes treat combat like it is WW1.

Hopefully you can do something similar in Stellaris. Just send wave after wave to crush the enemy while taking enormous casualties yourself.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They simply send few unit to conquer planet, and they are done with that stuff. Even MOO3 had more complex combat.

Have you played EoFS? It had quite detailed ground combat for space game.

damn, for 30 euros on gmg i could give up too, it's a pretty fine price nowadays.
but i still dread the last time i bought without checking beforehand: oblivion.

so, gmg or skidrow? hard choice.

heh, too late, depression kicked in and i bought it.
after all in the beginning i didn't like either ck2 and eu4 and then i spent hundreds of hours on them anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom