Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst developer

the worst

• Chris Avellone

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Ken L.evine

Votes: 43 27.7%
  • Josh Sawyer

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • Warren Spector

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • David Gaider

Votes: 38 24.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 29 18.7%

• Total voters

---

Arcane
:codexisfor:

---

Arcane
chapeau.gif

Severian Silk

but you have to be... "something" to be a former employee of a company and leave such an impression to be worthy of an Easter Egg. :lol:
There are Easter eggs about certain Codexers in a number of recent RPGs, so no you don't have to be "something".

Beastro

Arcane
That is he. The reference was put in for good reason. Also FYI, Sirotech referred to Cleve as the purported "crackerjack programmer" in his interview with Matt Barton. Good stuff.
but you have to be... "something" to be a former employee of a company and leave such an impression to be worthy of an Easter Egg. :lol:
There are Easter eggs about certain Codexers in a number of recent RPGs, so no you don't have to be "something".

Paid kickstarter shit is different from a Easter Egg the devs went out of their to add that no one would get.

And if AoD has them, then no surprise, it was made by a Codexer.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pretty sure Gaider is just a writer, so the horrible gameplay decisions in Bioware games can't really be blamed on him. And as much as Josh has turned into a disappointment lately he did still make Icewind Dale 2, which I had a lot of fun with back in the day. Warren Motherfucking Spector had one of the best track records in video gaming until he worked with Disney; I don't know why one bad game and a sequel would qualify him for this list. And MCA is MCA, 'nuff said.

That just leaves K-Lev, and Bioshock Infinite was enough of an incoherent, pretentious mess for me to vote for him on that alone.

GlutenBurger

Cipher

That link is to quotes in a thread on the Site Feedback board. Janior123tlen.p may look like the type of guy who drunkenly collapses on his keyboard while choosing a username, but it seems he at least has the foresight to provide accessible links.

Beastro

Arcane

I think I found his main post on another site lightly digging around google (it's a small book). I'm half way through it and I'd pay huge to see it developed into a movie.

It enlightened not only to much of the deal about Cleve but also how fucking epic that thread is with the outrageous penisarus claims to be laughed at... and then the drawings pop up. I can see why the man's a legend, since that prove he's not entirely full of shit that makes him either more truthful than we'd like or a master craftstroll not only able to think of hilarious things to troll with, but also aware of the pacing of a thread's life and able to inject new drama and revelations into them at the most perfect opportunities.

I'm happy my interest in this has been peeked less than a week away from me getting access to see the thread for myself.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
...all that said, he is undoubtedly the shittiest developer ever and in all seriousness mentally unstable. Calvin Barkmore indeed.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Sawyer. Levine and Gaider are bad, but boring is worse than bad. At least Bioshock and Dragon Age can be laughed at.

janior

Arcane
Vatnik

I think I found his main post on another site lightly digging around google (it's a small book). I'm half way through it and I'd pay huge to see it developed into a movie.

It enlightened not only to much of the deal about Cleve but also how fucking epic that thread is with the outrageous penisarus claims to be laughed at... and then the drawings pop up. I can see why the man's a legend, since that prove he's not entirely full of shit that makes him either more truthful than we'd like or a master craftstroll not only able to think of hilarious things to troll with, but also aware of the pacing of a thread's life and able to inject new drama and revelations into them at the most perfect opportunities.

I'm happy my interest in this has been peeked less than a week away from me getting access to see the thread for myself.

Damn, i can't see orginal thread on codex aswell, could you be so kind and link me that post on "another site" plz? I'll love you forever.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
A totally legitimate thread to assess who the codex thinks is the worst RPG developer currently working in the game industry. Just a typical thread for totally subjective opinions.
We don't see who voted for who, thus the poll is invalid.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

He was indeed hired and worked on Stones of Arnhem, which Sirotech says really produced nothing but a rough demo and lewd art. It's a rare combination of full-of-shit on the grimoire side and truth where working conditions and stories about his time working on Stones actually proved out years later. The Grimoire and 'Why Did Sirotech Die' threads are must reads to come up speed on the partially true absurdities. After it all I come away with pity for the guy's condition and for his family. After all these years all he has really produced that can be confirmed is Daredevil Donut Lad, a shitty android game.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Ăśbermensch Developer
But you know what? This thread is boring and the poll is shit. Cleveland Mark Blakemore - who is/was the worst developer in the industry?

Phil Fish. I was not aware such people existed until I saw the documentary and read some of the things that have come out of this guy's mouth.

I don't think this guy is a games developer or even a technical person. I think he actually scarfed that source off a friend and just barely was able to push it over the line.

The worst, for certain. Really revolting SJW pale metrosexual genetic misfire. Jesus wept when this guy splashed down.

phil-fish.jpg

FUDU

Arcane
Looks like he got way to many "participation" trophies when he was a kid. Wasn't prepared for real life.

SquidLord

Educated
Other: Richard Garriot.

I know everyone will just think I'm trolling or trying to be edgy but objectively all of his games are utter garbage from a design standpoint.

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
I voted Gaider because I follow him on Twitter and it's all SJW nonsense. Anyone can write code or come up with an idea, but not everyone wants to pleasure trannies.

Severian Silk

But you know what? This thread is boring and the poll is shit. Cleveland Mark Blakemore - who is/was the worst developer in the industry?

Phil Fish. I was not aware such people existed until I saw the documentary and read some of the things that have come out of this guy's mouth.

I don't think this guy is a games developer or even a technical person. I think he actually scarfed that source off a friend and just barely was able to push it over the line.

The worst, for certain. Really revolting SJW pale metrosexual genetic misfire. Jesus wept when this guy splashed down.

phil-fish.jpg
He's won more awards than you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom