Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
That said: Mark Kern? As in Mark 'Firefall Bus Safeword' Kern? lol. I mean, it's cool to have an ex-WOW dude to champion the cause, but couldn't they have found someone a bit less... cringeworthy? I'm sure there are hundreds of ex-WOW devs (team leads, even) who'd be willing to Fight The Good Fight at this point.

Yeah. I mean it's nice someone with actual industry profile is taking an interest in the matter, but Mark Kern wouldn't exactly be my first choice to be anyone's spokesman.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This guy is going through all of this production and people still don't think he wants something out of it? Pretty brilliant, though. He just leaps to the front of this movement and installs himself as the figurehead.

Don Peste

Arcane
Oh, Blizzard just gifted me WoD and 7 days of game time for free.

So... Is it possible to get 80k gold in one week?

Revenant

It's easy if you already have some gold - just flip some of the most popular current expansion consumables on the Auction House, like Medallion of the Legion, Huge Ogre Cache, Elixir of the Rapeid Mind, etc.

If you don't have any gold but have a maxed out gathering profession, farm Felblights in Tanaan Jungle. They go for 100 or so gold each on most servers, and getting 800 felblights in a week is... quite possible, although you might be annoyed by the farm in the end.

If you don't have a maxed out gathering profession, just learn Tailoring and make Hexweave Bags after you buy that recipe thing that allows you to craft Hexweave Cloth without a daily cooldown from the Fur trader. They go for ~1000 gold each and you might be able to sell 80 of them on the AH in one week, though it might be a bit difficult if you're on a lower pop server.

If you can't do any of the above, farm the trash mobs in the first room (up until the first boss) of Bastion of Twilight while under the effect of Potion of Treasure Finding. Just vendoring the shit that drops can get you a few k per hour, you might earn more if you auction the greens and someone buys them in a week.

And if you fail to obtain 80k gold by the end of the week, add Revenant#2836 on B.net and I will lend a fellow Codexer however much you will be short from WoW Token, if you're on Europe.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Or simply remember that even working for minimum wage in eastern Europe is faster way to pay for a subscription than most in-game grinds. If you cannot make that gold quickly and with ease then it's not worth it burning out just to save 15 shekels.

Revenant

It's a matter of principle, men

I too waited 3 months for my free 7 days of game time and then made how much I lacked for a token in one day. Though the token back then was twice cheaper than it is now.

Don Peste

Arcane

It's easy if you already have some gold - just flip some of the most popular current expansion consumables on the Auction House, like Medallion of the Legion, Huge Ogre Cache, Elixir of the Rapeid Mind, etc.

If you don't have any gold but have a maxed out gathering profession, farm Felblights in Tanaan Jungle. They go for 100 or so gold each on most servers, and getting 800 felblights in a week is... quite possible, although you might be annoyed by the farm in the end.

If you don't have a maxed out gathering profession, just learn Tailoring and make Hexweave Bags after you buy that recipe thing that allows you to craft Hexweave Cloth without a daily cooldown from the Fur trader. They go for ~1000 gold each and you might be able to sell 80 of them on the AH in one week, though it might be a bit difficult if you're on a lower pop server.

If you can't do any of the above, farm the trash mobs in the first room (up until the first boss) of Bastion of Twilight while under the effect of Potion of Treasure Finding. Just vendoring the shit that drops can get you a few k per hour, you might earn more if you auction the greens and someone buys them in a week.

And if you fail to obtain 80k gold by the end of the week, add Revenant#2836 on B.net and I will lend a fellow Codexer however much you will be short from WoW Token, if you're on Europe.
Excellent workgaming plan! I'll be ready to start on Monday. Thank you!
I think I have around 20k or maybe 30k already, and two lvl 90 (EU). What should I do with the instant 90 boost? New character, or use it on a lvl >40? Any server recommendations, or just stick to the realm where I already am?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Or simply remember that even working for minimum wage in eastern Europe is faster way to pay for a subscription than most in-game grinds. If you cannot make that gold quickly and with ease then it's not worth it burning out just to save 15 shekels.
If that were true then WoW tokens wouldn't cost like 85,000 gold in Europe versus the 40k or so in America. N-e-way, it's pretty easy (or was) to make gold from garrison stuff. Before I quit after the last free month I took a while ago I bought up three of four tokens at 25kish each in the even I want to play again.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The way things are going, they'll soon be knocking on people's doors like Jehovah witnesses and asking if you've heard of a game called WoW and if you'd like to discuss it and play it for free.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bro, WoW isn't dying anytime soon. WoD has dropped to $10 since Legion is coming out in a couple of months. They usually just make the last expansion free when the next one launches.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
It's already dead alright, it's just not truly dead, which fools people like you. It's the undead zombie version of its previous self which will linger in this world for no good reason other than corporate greed and rotten human nature.

Revenant

What should I do with the instant 90 boost? New character, or use it on a lvl >40?
If you plan to use gathering professions to farm Felblight, it is advisable to boost a lvl 60 character, because then your professions will be boosted as well:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/level-90-character-boost said:
If the character is at least level 60 before the boost, their primary professions and First Aid will be leveled up to rank 600. Other secondary professions will not be affected. If the character is at least level 60 and doesn't have primary professions, they'll be given class-appropriate professions according to the table on the right.

For Felblight farming, the best professions to boost are arguably Skinning and Herbalism. You will still have to raise them from 600 to 700, but that will obviously be much faster than raising them from 1 to 700.

Any server recommendations, or just stick to the realm where I already am?
If you plan on making serious gold in the long term, just start on a high pop realm. Stuff sells much, much quicker when there are a lot of people playing. And if you want to make top gold, know that nothing drives the economy better than sex industry. And you know which realm is the primary one for ERP :M

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's already dead alright, it's just not truly dead, which fools people like you. It's the undead zombie version of its previous self which will linger in this world for no good reason other than corporate greed and rotten human nature.
Financially it's not dead. I personally don't care since I play maybe a month a year but I know you have some sort of odd fetish/personal vendetta against Blizzard. The game will be pulling in hundreds of millions for years to come.

Don Peste I wouldn't bother with professions. Maybe get gathering ones. I don't think Felblight sells for that much anymore. Maybe 60g a piece? Expansion is in a few months with a gear reset so no point in farming.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you want to make gold without being able to do sellruns or CM carry id recommend farming for certain mounts and battle pets in old content. Use Trade Skill Master and sell greens you find in the AH if they're worth it. While you farm, observe trade chat, get a feeling for mount prices etc. Once you have enough gold to start brokering, just start flipping. There are a LOT of people who just want to sell their stuff fast and undercut by a big margin or even just don't know how much they can ask for. Buy cheap, sell for more.

There is no faster way to earn money in wow, except sellruns or cm/arena carry.

Revenant

I don't think Felblight sells for that much anymore. Maybe 60g a piece?
Given he was talking about 80k for the token, he must be on EU, and since EU gold is inflated compared to US Felblight costs more than 100 gold a piece on probably all EU servers, just take a look at https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/argent-dawn/item/127759

Expansion is in a few months with a gear reset so no point in farming.
He's farming to make enough gold for a token in one week, so next expansion isn't relevant to him at all. And Felblight is probably the easiest obtainable and fastest selling item right now.

If you want to make gold without being able to do sellruns or CM carry id recommend farming for certain mounts and battle pets in old content. Use Trade Skill Master and sell greens you find in the AH if they're worth it. While you farm, observe trade chat, get a feeling for mount prices etc. Once you have enough gold to start brokering, just start flipping. There are a LOT of people who just want to sell their stuff fast and undercut by a big margin or even just don't know how much they can ask for. Buy cheap, sell for more.

He's looking for very fast gold, and old mounts don't sell that fast. Greens sell even slower, although in the long run they're probably the most profitable enterprise. If we're talking about fast gold on the AH, consumables and crafting mats are the way to go.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah in one week it's probably not possible except you start with a lot of money to begin with. But farming Felblight for 80k just to get a token seems like a huge waste of time.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ That. I'd be cheaper to go mow some lawns for $15/Euro-shekels.

KidBoogie

Learned

I used to buy out random purples off AH and put them back up at 100x cost, then sell duplicates from alts in trade chat at half the marked up costs for mega profits.

Also scammed sold spectral tiger mount codes. "Just pay half up front and I'll totally give you a working code then you can pay the rest." :keepmyjewgold:

Gold cap vanilla then buy everything in AH and have total control over market prices. Then fun-hating blizz devs came and banned me.

shit game

Puukko

Arcane
Seems I'm back on WoW as well, haven't played since early MoP. I'll see what WoD has to offer, at least. I'll grab Legion, but I have to say I am not particularly interested in the new content they'll be adding. Artifact weapons? What's the point? Everyone and their mother will be playing a demon hunter, too.
I've only got my main right now, but I'll have two character boosts, so who knows what I'll roll. Never tried out Monk either.

Puukko

Arcane
Actually, on closer inspection, I take that back. Who knows, I might as well roll a Demon Hunter for tanking. My current and only character is a rogue.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've mostly played Rogue for the few months I've played during the last several expansions. It's a good class for solo'ing and just derping around the world without having to deal with crap (via stealth).

Aildrik

Savant
I never realized how bad inflation had gotten in WoD until I see Blizzard confirmed gold cap is being raised to 9,999,999. It is great on one hand for players who maxed out their character slots with L100 alts, with salvage yard and followers with +gold reward, but the true casual player with one or two characters now has to live with rampant inflation.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The auction house is mostly worthless for a casual players unless you want to buy crafting mats or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom