Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Tigranes

Arcane
A I II III.

Good arguments have aleady been made. The guards' ability to move across floors means they are a great bet for honest voting success. and in fact, in a system like this, wouldnt the first level have far more inhabitants than the upper levels? So it does make sense to canvass a bit, though I actually do think I and II both winning would be overkill.

III seems great if we can manage it. Since most denizens of the tower wont communicate with others out of contempt or lack of access, its harder for people to say how did that guy get all the votes?

I really hope the 3 days arent also 3 says back in gobbo land though. All our lovely gobbos are going to get eaten.

ScubaV

Prophet
Let's break that tie for third place.

A II IV VI

I'd actually rather do VII than VI, but no one else is interested and I don't think tinkering with the system directly is a good idea, nor is sleeping.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm pretty sure cute anime girl nazis were next up on the unexpected anime trope list, but it's up to you. :M

We can make that cute anime moon alien girl nazis and call it a day. In fact you would have encountered a colony of them on the moon had you visited the white sphere. :M

lightbane

Arcane
Doesn't matter, we already at least one female willing to do the nasty with Erd, but it won't change anything as long as he doesn't learn how to switch on his hyper-weapon. And treave no longer posts twice per week anyway.

Speaking of Erd's problem, now I realize that we could try asking the Skeleton Lords hanging around here. Perhaps they know something we can do to partially solve this issue.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Speaking of cute anime moon alien girl nazis... this prison here is a strange mix of 'arbeit macht frei' and a summer camp. Something tells me that they could have had a hand in creating the place. So were the story to take that turn, we could always say there was foreshadowing! :bounce:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
And treave no longer posts twice per week anyway.

Unfortunately as you age, you get slower. Thus my rate of posting went from multiple updates in a day (early Epic) to once a day (most of Epic) to once every two days (most of Legend & Spiral) and finally to roughly once a week, as you see now. Though of course there are a lot of other issues at play at the moment.

Anyway, I believe the leading combination is:
II. Attempt to persuade the prisoners on the first floor to support you.
IV. Look into magically manipulating the way the prisoners vote.
VI. Search for more information about Queen Bee.

And to conduct a harassment campaign against Queen Bee over social media.

I'll lock the votes in 24 hours.

Kipeci

Arcane
What a shame to build relationships with the folks that we plan on immediately ditching rather than those of more substance.

Baltika9

Arcane
Guys, I don't think we need to campaign with the first floor inmates right away, really. Let's humiliate and discredit Queen Bee before the whole general population, paint her as a backstabbing politico who ditched her grassroots as soon as she got a better office, and they will fall into our lap. Kipeci is right on the money with the guards:
I builds an actual, real support among groups here. I do intend to twist the results, but that's easier to pull off if you have someone voting for you in the first place. The guards may not be naturally inclined towards us, but that's why it's all the more important to sway them to our side-- furthermore, they can actually traverse the levels, making it possible for us to spread our message to the upper floors to more and certainly more influential people if we get any of them to really care about us. It's of critical importance to build a relationship with the folks in some semblence of authority if we're going to be slogging it out through a prolonged stay.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Anyway, I believe the leading combination is:
II. Attempt to persuade the prisoners on the first floor to support you.
VI. Search for more information about Queen Bee.

And to conduct a harassment campaign against Queen Bee over social media.

I'll lock the votes in 24 hours.
I don't see why we are wasting time trying to get the inmates to support us when we will be magically manipulating their votes anyway.

Also, one thing you all might have missed is that we'll probably only be able to influence the votes of the inmates on our current level. Queen Bee has 2 other levels aside from ours to influence by whatever means. Even if we get 90-100% of the votes on the first level, I worry we won't have enough to surpass whatever queen bee has.

lightbane

Arcane
Unfortunately as you age, you get slower. Thus my rate of posting went from multiple updates in a day (early Epic) to once a day (most of Epic) to once every two days (most of Legend & Spiral) and finally to roughly once a week, as you see now. Though of course there are a lot of other issues at play at the moment.

True enough. Free time is a luxury that quickly diminishes as time passes. I didn't mean to offend you though, sorry if it caused you any irritation. On the other hand, your writing is still top notch. I insist you should consider writing an online text-adventure one of these days.

Also, you guys convinced me: I'm swapping my prisoners vote for the guards one. So my votes will be:

A. You constantly open it and harass – no, converse with Queen Bee.
I. Attempt to persuade the guards to support you.
VIII. Sleep.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No change to the leading votes it seems, so A II IV VI is the winning combination.

I didn't mean to offend you though, sorry if it caused you any irritation.

The only thing I'm offended by is my current inability to update more frequently. :negative:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ugh, I have had to devote all of my spare time to brainstorming my way past some horribly complex work-related obstacles and will be for some time to come, so there'll be no update for this week. Hopefully I can resolve the problem before next Thursday rolls around, but if not we're looking at further delays. Sorry bout that.

Baltika9

Arcane
Neurosurgery>entertaining Codexers. Just, don't forget to name your great breakthrough after us.
:salute:

What if this life we think we are living is a delusion and we've really suffered from a head injury and treave is our neurosurgeon trying to rewire our brains? The LPs and their updates are allegorically representative of that. But as he continues, it gets more difficult, the updates come slower. And if the LP is never finished, we never wake up.

carson-crazy-eyes.jpg

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So what does treave really do for a living? Jokes aside?

He's probably involved in PR work in some largish corporation. The LPs could represent not only a way to unwind, but also a complex scheme of testing different methods of promoting an item to the general public.
In this case, the target demographic is disgruntled nerds who have high thoughts of themselves?

Can't wait to see the final product. :lol:

lightbane

Arcane
What if this life we think we are living is a delusion and we've really suffered from a head injury and treave is our neurosurgeon trying to rewire our brains? The LPs and their updates are allegorically representative of that. But as he continues, it gets more difficult, the updates come slower. And if the LP is never finished, we never wake up.
If that was the case, what would the +1 SWORDS! discussions mean?? And the Codexers' arguments for taking the EXTERMINATE ALL LIFE route from Epic?

He's probably involved in PR work in some largish corporation. The LPs could represent not only a way to unwind, but also a complex scheme of testing different methods of promoting an item to the general public. In this case, the target demographic is disgruntled nerds who have high thoughts of themselves?

So, Magic then? Or the average tabletop rpg/WW product?

And the Codexers' arguments for taking the EXTERMINATE ALL LIFE route from Epic?
Not every codexer is "us". Some of them might represent the brain damage that treave is working against. Did you notice how several codexers went away for a while after treave made Epic: Book 2 anime? Just say'n.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Neurosurgery>entertaining Codexers. Just, don't forget to name your great breakthrough after us.
:salute:

Nothing like a great breakthrough, but still if it pans out it's a novel approach that has never been proven. Possibly.

But writing a fun LP is still more satisfying. :M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The results and upcoming choices have already been determined, it was always trying to convey it through fluff writing that was taking time.

But yeah, to save time we'll just move on with a bare-bones summary of what happened and the choices you will be able to take.

The First Day

Current voting tally:

Erdrick – 25%

Queen Bee – 75%

With – 80% – of the tower’s population yet to cast a vote.

Actions & Results:

Attempt to persuade the prisoners on the first floor to support you:
Average results. A lack of concern for the voting seems to be the overriding mood. You have mostly been successful in convincing whoever you talk to, but you are unable to reach enough of the population just by yourself.

Look into magically manipulating the way prisoners vote:
In progress. You have identified a couple of flaws that may be worth exploiting in the way the prisoners vote. More time will be needed to create a spell to act on those exploits.

Search for more information on Queen Bee:
Information is sparse at this level. You are unable to gain any specifics beyond what you already know. Rin has been able to detect traces of spellwork that may be linked to mental manipulation whenever Queen Bee is mentioned, but it is too faint for you to perceive.

Queen Bee’s mood:
Irritable, no thanks to you. Has begun sending emissaries to the first level with gifts from the upper floors. It seems that your taunts have made her desire an overwhelming victory.

Your actions for the second day (pick three):

I. Attempt to persuade the guards to support you.

II. Continue to attempt to persuade the prisoners on the first floor to support you.

III. Look into magically manipulating the way the system records votes.

IV. Continue to look into magically manipulating the way the prisoners vote.

V. Try to find a way to slip into the upper floors without falling foul of the security.

VI. Work with Rin to investigate the magical traces involved with Queen Bee’s information.

VII. Attempt to tweak the telepathic channel to be used for scrying instead.

VIII. Approach the emissaries that Queen Bee has sent to the first floor. Perhaps they can be coerced for your benefit.

IX. Make use of the morning exercise period, when many of the first floor inmates are gathered in the courtyard, to give a speech. Of course, you may face a penalty for not exercising like you are supposed to.

X. Sleep.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom