Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline the codex has scaled to the world's level

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Who gives a shit about what people like MCA regards? Go follow him on twitter if you care.

Casual racism and lack of moderation acts like a filter to keep people out but it has been failing hard in the last few years, clearly there wasn't enough to balance with the mindless promotion of codex on social media.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Excidium II is a good example of "false consciousness". A non-shitposter who feels an inexplicable, atavistic loyalty to his shitposter "bros". Another example of this would be Multi-headed Cow, a decent poster who pointlessly fell on his sword for the sake of a bunch of unproductive idiots.

Maybe he's afraid of backsliding. Like, he's not a shitposter, but he does occasionally say shitposty things, so if we ban all shitposters, we'd ban him too? I say to you Excidium, no, we douldn't do that. You can say "nigger" occasionally without being banned. See, I said it too.

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
Excidium II is a good example of "false consciousness". A non-shitposter who feels an inexplicable, atavistic loyalty to his shitposter "bros". Another example of this would be Multi-headed Cow, a decent poster who pointlessly fell on his sword for the sake of a bunch of unproductive idiots.

Maybe he's afraid of backsliding. Like, he's not a shitposter, but he does occasionally say shitposty things, so if we ban all shitposters, we'd ban him too? I say to you Excidium, no, we douldn't do that. You can say "nigger" occasionally without being banned. See, I said it too.
Who gives a shit about what mca thinks, whoever he may be

mondblut

Arcane
I've been out of the loop for a while, what's going on? Did codex go full rpg.net or something?

Weasel

Backsliding always seems to happen on sites with stricter moderation though, sometimes all it takes is a change of moderator or "more consistent enforcement of guidelines". I don't think I've ever posted anything racist or anti-semitic, but one of the things I like about this place is that people can say whatever they want, with it all out in the open and less of the passive-aggressive hinting and implying used on other forums. Sure, people say stuff that's extreme or sometimes attention-seeking but that's a price worth paying for free speech imo, the alternative is mods gradually enforcing their own views. And one soon learns the various quirks of posters, who is just trying too hard and which threads aren't worth reading.

And even though I don't spend much time in the Pol forum, when there's a terrorist attack or something I know there will be an open discussion, whereas most sites will be frantically shutting down comments and locking threads because those "reasonable guidelines" suddenly rule out a lot of reasonable debate.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ho gives a shit about what people like MCA regards? Go follow him on twitter if you care.

Casual racism and lack of moderation acts like a filter to keep people out but it has been failing hard in the last few years, clearly there wasn't enough to balance with the mindless promotion of codex on social media.
nah, with this policy you attract people like dakasha who spill their inane shit all around but dont even know mca

Last edited:

hivemind

The codex is what it is, and regarded by people like MCA, not because, but despite the lack of moderation and casual racism.
If anything it is precisely because of the lack of moderation.

Without moderators trying to suck up to devs you can find honest feedback here. That's not really the case in a world where your posts get removed and then retardo'd if you dare to say that Levine is a hackfraud in a system shock thread.

but idk why we are still talking about this when the whole thing is just an epic prank xD

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Speaking your mind and not fellating devs for press passes = shitposting.

You're a miserable cunt Infiltron that nobody likes, you genuinely sound like a robot when you try and show ""personality"". I know some of the higherups are aware you want to turn this place into IGN while most don't mind since you're a no life newsbot.
The usual Jewish parasite M.O: makes yourself useful enough to not be booted on sight until you can destroy the host from within.

ps. this is just a prank XDDDD

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I say to you Excidium, no, we douldn't do that. You can say "nigger" occasionally without being banned. See, I said it too.

Hey, MLK, take it easy.

OH LOOK I SAID IT TOO U R SAFE

:lol:

boot

Prophet
Excidium II is a good example of "false consciousness".

prescribe illnesses and labels to things that do not actually exist
provide a solution
profit

you can't help it can you?

The codex is what it is, and regarded by people like MCA, not because, but despite the lack of moderation and casual racism.

I just don't think any of that is true. The codex is not highly regarded by anyone, and the casual racism is as much a part of this place as the discussion on RPGs. You can't have one without the other. The freedom to say exactly what you think is what allows this place to flourish.

Racism is just an observance of differences between races. There is nothing unhealthy about it :smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And even though I don't spend much time in the Pol forum, when there's a terrorist attack or something I know there will be an open discussion, whereas most sites will be frantically shutting down comments and locking threads because those "reasonable guidelines" suddenly rule out a lot of reasonable debate.

The Politics board will always be a free-for-all racism zone. I'm talking about the parts of the forum that actually matter.

I dunno dude, it's not rocket science. Are you a poster who wants to make incisive commentary about RPG design with copious use of four letter words? Welcome aboard.

Are you a poster who wants to turn every thread into a 100 page SJW derail or post memes? In that case, no, you're not a very valuable poster and not in the same category as the above poster, even though you both use profanity.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

I don't have the slightest worry about being banned, I got rid of my original account myself.

Are you a poster who wants to turn every thread into a 100 page SJW derail or post memes? In that case, no, you're not a very valuable poster and not in the same category as the above poster, even though you both use profanity.
But THAT is what makes the codex what it is. It's the force responsible for creating the atmosphere that gives the codex this sense of community that other CRPG forums lack. CRPG discussion you can find anywhere, but the quality discussion you have here is a byproduct of the kind of passionate people it tends to attract BECAUSE of that attitude it breeds.

9 out of 10 people who don't post those things are the kind of voidposter that browses the codex 6 hours a month and the extent of their contribution is a thumbs up on some random kickstarter update or a completely meaningless GRPGD post noone will quote.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Infi doesn't want personalities. He wants faceless drones to retweet and foster a welcoming environment for hackfrauds like Avellone to post here.

Look at the mouthbreathers in official game forums and the loser janitors there. That's the dream.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It seems that sitting in your echo chamber, posting over 7000 witty oneliners in less than a year, made you lose the bigger picture.

Lel, oversensitive cuck who approves of censorship and ignores everyone who's opinions he doesn't like talking about others' echo chambers :lol:

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If anything it is precisely because of the lack of moderation.

Without moderators trying to suck up to devs you can find honest feedback here. That's not really the case in a world where your posts get removed and then retardo'd if you dare to say that Levine is a hackfraud in a system shock thread.

but idk why we are still talking about this when the whole thing is just an epic prank xD

While this may be a little joke, I've always thought the disappearance of the Codex is inevitable.

As soon as DarkUnderlord gets tired of running this place, it's turning into IGN then it'll eventually morph into RPGwatch/RPGnet, without the antidote of unmoderated discussion keeping out the plebian hordes. Ventilator will be thrown out on his arse by the remaining mods, who are obsessed with professionalism, and see no value in maintaining a forum that's a throwback to the low censorship discussion from the early internet, where you learned the value of a thicker skin and anonymity.

The world is slowly changing into a place where telling the truth is a revolutionary act, and political dogma supersedes any truth you could witness with your own eyes or have hard raw data for. We have to face the fact that concepts like looking out for yourself, emotional self-control, tolerance, debate, data based research are becoming concepts that are outdated, as people would rather have silence than be made uncomfortable in a discussion, and subsequently beg for censorship.

Opposing viewpoints and ideologies still interact here, it's an anomaly compared to the walled tribes of the internet demonizing each other from heavily moderated echo chambers, this place is a dinosaur.

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
its a fucking rpg site full of neck beards who like to say childish shit without being banned

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom