Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure

titus

Arcane
Patron
Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A comedy cosmic horror point and click adventure made in Transylvania. Lucas Arts style, Lovecraft horrors, general insanity!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/777841902/gibbous-a-cthulhu-adventure

You're gonna have to do more copy-pasting to get anybody to check this out.

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure is a PC Mac Linux comedy point 'n click love letter to classic-era Lucas Arts adventures, Hitchcock, HP Lovecraft, and many, many others. A lighthearted spoof of the Cthulhu Mythos, Gibbous will have you controlling 3 protagonists, dealing with strange cultists, ancient voodoo, and Dead Cthulhu himself. Well, "dead" is just a matter of opinion... But you really came here for the bullet points, didn't you? Alright, here ya go:
  • Classic point and click gameplay inspired by the great Lucas Arts games of yore!
  • Traditional frame by frame animation, just like back in the days (well, maybe a bit more frames)
  • Detailed, hand-painted background art!
  • Hugely diverse orchestral soundtrack!
  • Unique responses for item-hotspot combinations!
  • A focus on exploration and examining the environment!
  • Loving and respectful spoof of the Cthulhu Mythos
  • DRM-free or Steam Key!
  • Made in Transylvania!

b0c4bd87627534a8c5d59d2ed4ebcdb8_original.gif
7e435e7d3423961f6f757f0f572c3594_original.gif
5a3ccb42ee7de00c42d5ebc982b7bc08_original.gif

Last edited:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I dunno, the jokes in the gameplay vid there aren't that great imho. I was hoping for a prisoner of ice like adventure game or smth when I read the thread title :?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is like Monkey Island with Cthulhu instead of voodoo, although it seems to be trying a tad bit harder (they really shouldn't overdo the fourth wall breaking stuff).

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
JOKES! Everyone loves jokes so EVERY SINGLE INTERACTION in our game will be another joke! Who likes pacing? Who likes timing? No one! PUNCHLINE PUNCHLINE PUNCHLINE! All wrapped up with the worst design elements 90s adventure has to offer! You'll hear 1,001 hilarious riffs on "YOU CAN'T DO THAT HERE!" All for one surprisingly high price!

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's rather sad that Cthulhu is now only on the internet for the Lulz. It was funny, once or twice, that it became a fucking meme is a disgrace.

free999enigma

Learned
What do you get when you mix Monkey Island 3 and Cthulhu? A comedy about fish monsters, talking demonic cats, the Necronomicon and Voodoo!

If you want to watch,this is my video for this great game :D

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page, coming "incredibly soon":

A comedy cosmic horrror adventure made in Transylvania.

Darkham, with its crooked gambrel roofs, dark alleys, and a past shrouded in secrecy, never really was a welcoming place, but nowadays? Kooky cults are popping up everywhere, and that most evil book, the Necronomicon, is spoken of in trembling whispers once more.

Detective Don R. Ketype is on the case to retrieve the mysterious evil tome, but unsuspecting librarian Buzz Kerwan stumbles upon it and accidentally transforms his cat, Kitteh, into a walking, talking abomination. Being humanized? Quite a downgrade.

gif-steam.jpg

Gibbous is a comedy cosmic horror game - a modern adventure that is classically inspired, features gorgeous HD art, detailed traditional animation, and a lengthy story that will see the three protagonists travel around the world and deal with abominations both cosmic and human-made, voodoo, and Things That Should Not Be. From Lovecraft Country to Transylvania, set off on a quest to get a very cynical cat to stop talking.

montage.jpg

key_features.PNG

• Over 60 hand-painted, detailed environments inspired by Transylvanian architecture and nature;

• Fluid traditional 2d animation with a Disney-esque look and feel;

• Two protagonists and a talking ca--- Okay, three. Three protagonists;

• Upwards of 70 fully voiced, crazy characters;

• Special guest appearance by Doug Cockle, voice of the Witcher;

• Contains most genuine Transylvanian accent in games and media, like, ever;

• Over 4 hours of lush original soundtrack featuring live instruments;

• A lengthy cinematic story that spans continents and more;

• Moment to moment humor, darker arching plot;

• Dynamic lighting, real time reflections and weather system;

• Integrated hint system to help you when you’re stuck;

• Fully animated cartoon cutscenes that punctuate important story beats;

• Over 12,000 voiced dialogue lines;

• Custom voiced responses for all the crazy combinations you can think of;

• Lovingly made near Vlad the Impaler’s birthplace;

• No cutesifying or making fun of the Old Ones, praise their Dark Names;

• Did we mention the talking cat?

Boleskine

Arcane

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom