Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hers was a bittersweet pain, as her wood might not have suffered so if it had not been so strong and lush.

Sounds like a tranny to me. I agree with Gauldur!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Just as i said. If you stole book - you will be hanged by Flaming Fist. If someone stole everything from you - nobody cares. And if you punish thieves - you are the bad guy.

I originally choose Option 4 and when I met up with Corwin, there was a dialogue option which then lost reputation.
They died because you, Corwin, not fit for your job.

Last edited:

mastroego

Arcane
Also the whole concept that "Officers Are Cowards" is retarded in that setting.
Faiths and Deities affect the world directly, for instance, and only the purest of the faithful of any given order manage to get to its highest ranks.
If anything, it's the opposite.

This is nothing new in Fantasy, after all.
In LotR the highest ranking characters certainly didn't lack courage (or malice, in the other camp); actually they set the chivalrous example for anyone else.

Truly these guys at Beamdog don't even know the BASICS of what they're supposed to be writing about.

Trashos

Arcane
Reading the reviews here, I swear the Codex has some of the best writers on the net.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The feminist agenda is most clearly visible through a character (Human Male Skald) called Voghlin. When you meet him, he is with Jaheira and you can ask him to join your camp. He then asks the question – capitals in-game: “are…ALL…kinds welcome at the camp?” which was pretty blatant. This is not feminist of course, but when my female character initiated dialog with him, this happened:

YaCQ8n7.jpg

gKYitIZ.jpg

That speaks for itself. I have no possibility of being funny to him (Voghlin is obviously clearly just having a laugh) or giving a witty or even a balanced and dry response. After all I have endured in BG1, Vohglin still triggers me with a "hey wench" apparently. This is not an RPG, this is propaganda.

Best of all, the next time dialog is initiated, it is as if nothing happened:
rRaSPVn.jpg
This is just abhorrent. 5 dialogue options and not one to respond in a diferent manner.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Cishet White Male Shopkeep; Hello M'Lady, how may I--

Female CHARNAME;
1: Oh boy, here we go. Yet ANOTHER prime piece of hyper-masculinity harassing a woman for merely entering a shop, all because of his unresolved inability to be loved by his own mother. LEAVE. ME. ALONE.
2: Now listen here you spunkguzzling fartmonkey, what makes you THINK I'm at all a lady? We haven't met before. You don't KNOW me. You think just because I enter your shop, that gives you the right to JUDGE me? AUGH.
3: I am woman, hear me roar.
4: Yes, hello, I'd like to buy your finest piece of SHUT THE FUCK UP. What part of me makes you think I depend on you? Get out of my face before I do something you'll regret.
5: PAAAAAAAAATRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRCHY.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cishet White Male Shopkeep; Hello M'Lady, how may I--

Female CHARNAME;
1: Oh boy, here we go. Yet ANOTHER prime piece of hyper-masculinity harassing a woman for merely entering a shop, all because of his unresolved inability to be loved by his own mother. LEAVE. ME. ALONE.
2: Now listen here you spunkguzzling fartmonkey, what makes you THINK I'm at all a lady? We haven't met before. You don't KNOW me. You think just because I enter your shop, that gives you the right to JUDGE me? AUGH.
3: I am woman, hear me roar.
4: Yes, hello, I'd like to buy your finest piece of SHUT THE FUCK UP. What part of me makes you think I depend on you? Get out of my face before I do something you'll regret.
5: PAAAAAAAAATRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRCHY.
Missing a learn my pronouns option.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
And the best part is that the average SJW is so blatantly stupid, that they applaud this change and think that Blizzard made a very good change and the new picture is how it should be done. When in reality it is even more sexist.

Nicely reveals their true goal - to be obnoxious and to be obeyed.

I actually quite respect the creators of "games" like Sunset or Gone home. They don't bitch about others' creations, they make their own to their image. Not quite capable of taking the fall, but still infinitely better than just harassing other creators while bringing nothing of substance to the table.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Gaulder's Bait excellent autopsy of the game shows that sjws corrupted this game to the core. Wtf were they thinking at Beamdog...?

"Lighthearted and charming fantasy" (words a poster used in connection to BG) it is not (not that an rpg needs to meet those criteria, but to illustrate the giant gap between originals and beamdogs expansion). Im not sure if many players want to be exposed to real life issues through the regressive left' lense and given a lecture in between. At least not those who played the originals and just wanted more of the same. It seems such a giant wasted opportunity and mismatch between product and actual existing customerbase, gambling on the bioware crowd one can only assume.

Kudos to those who go through the expansion and report here in detail.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Wonder if the codex review will go into detail about the clearly obvious SJW agenda detailed by Gaulder.

It might even be positive, if Infinitrons sublet trolling is to e believed.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Wonder if the codex review will go into detail about the clearly obvious SJW agenda detailed by Gaulder.

Won't it enough if 99.9% of the review comments are about that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom