Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's fucking baldurs gate, how more diverse can you get if you can already choose to play as anything from an elf to a dwarf.

On the other hand, this diversity consultation thing sounds like an opportunity ready to be exploited for much money...

0e5e34e94c3190f1c2c7d61fce16ecf9.jpg

Quatlo

Arcane
kvc6AUi.png

The choice of these "WOAH DUUUDE MAN WEED YO" dialogue options, coupled with the whole dialogue are insulting...

Some quality work there.
Its also fully voice acted, probably they took some stoned surfer dude from california to do it. Dank yo.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane

/end

????????

What the fuck is that? End what? End post? I can see the post ended.
Got the feeling she wanted that micdrop gif there or something like that.

Anyway, this is the second time she basically says "deal with it", so I'd assume they have no issues with people not buying the game because of this? Why would you want these hateful shitlords as your customers, right?
/end of line

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That "Everyone should get a chance to see themselves reflected in pop culture." bit is not only hilarious and sad, but also ignorant. Art is a mirror yes, but not like that, that's just dumb. Also, If I were a trans person I'd be appalled at how they "reflected me" and would personally lead the pitchfork mob against that sort of writing.

Fry

Arcane
If that's actually real dialogue, it's an embarrassment. You people are undermining your case by freaking out over trannys.

Just write a review pointing out the overall shittiness of the writing and be done with it.

Hegel

Arcane
I thought the outrage at a single npc was overblown; nothing to say about how they'd then mishandle the communications with the customers. But that snippet of dialogue is cringe inducing. I hope it's not real.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
And that retard is missing the point like they always do:

Rob | UnseenPerfidy ‏@UnseenPerfidy 11 t11 tuntia sitten
I can't believe there's actually someone pissed off about Siege of Dragonspear including a trans character, but here we are.

NO ONE IS FUCKING PISSED ABOUT THERE BEING A TRANNY. People are pissed because it's basically a wikidump about diversity. You can't even tell her / him to fuck of weirdo we don't tolerate the likes of you around here, like you can say to pretty much every other npc in the game. No no that would be opressing and counter intuitive against the writer's agenda.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The best part of this silly debacle is that if a 'transgender' character were introduced as this cute (or strong, muscled, domineering) dickgirl harlot, people would love it. Internet loves their dickgirls.

That conversation with the glasses is far more indicative of the overall poison of this game's writers, though. The tranny's clumsy and moronic. That? That's .. Ugh.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That "stoner" bit is indicative of the writers just throwing random ideas in there with no regard for writing a coherent whole.

Thonius

Arcane
Eh I bought it because it BG(combat and setting), but now Beamdog thinking I bought it because I like their writing and I'm SJW all of sudden. And if there any suits looking for resurrection of D&D they might get a wrong message.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Beamdog fucked up.

For some reason they thought they were making an expansion pack to Dragon Age: Origins: Enhanced Edition or Some Indie Twine Shit instead of one of the Old Gods of Grog Games. All they had to do was make something for their core audience without antagonizing them too much, but here we are.

Quatlo

Arcane
I thought the outrage at a single npc was overblown; nothing to say about how they'd then mishandle the communications with the customers. But that snippet of dialogue is cringe inducing. I hope it's not real.
Its very real, I'm the author of that screenshot.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Beamdog fucked up.

For some reason they thought they were making an expansion pack to Dragon Age: Origins: Enhanced Edition or Some Indie Twine Shit instead of one of the Old Gods of Grog Games. All they had to do was make something for their core audience without antagonizing them too much, but here we are.
Indeed, I've been saying this since the first twitch streams, the game looked like modern Bioware project instead of an expansion to Bg.

The excessive dialogue, the constant banter and scripted scenes, the linear gameplay.

They couldn't even do that right, as the cringe worthy dialogue shows.

ArchAngel

Arcane
That "stoner" bit is indicative of the writers just throwing random ideas in there with no regard for writing a coherent whole.
No that stoner guy is one joke character in the game. They didn't even try to make it serious, it was obviously a joke. BG1 has a few such situation (3 kobolds, the Shady guy in an Inn and some others).

Trashos

Arcane
No that stoner guy is one joke character in the game. They didn't even try to make it serious, it was obviously a joke. BG1 has a few such situation (3 kobolds, the Shady guy in an Inn and some others).

It doesn't matter if it is a joke or not. It is horrible writing.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

If I wrote Baldurs Gate on my dick, would you suck it?

Stop being such a shill.

Fry

Arcane
To be fair, that writing would have to be so small it would be unreadable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom