Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Is a 4 characters party the max?Or will it depend of the charisma stat of the PC like in the futur Colony Ship?

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Developers, please be more considerate of the lack of vertical space in 16:9 resolutions.

I guess this is a case of needing to support 4:3 and 5:4 without having custom UI but men that initiative order would be so much better on the left or right side of the screen.

Yes, good advice. Move the UI to the laterals, like I do with mine:

Thanks in advance!

The UI is still a work in progress, so I'll see what we can do with having the initiative order on the left side of the screen.

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Is a 4 characters party the max?Or will it depend of the charisma stat of the PC like in the futur Colony Ship?
I believe 4 is the max, based on the PC's charisma stat. I'm not sure if anything has changed since the last time I spoke with VD about it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Developers, please be more considerate of the lack of vertical space in 16:9 resolutions.

I guess this is a case of needing to support 4:3 and 5:4 without having custom UI but men that initiative order would be so much better on the left or right side of the screen.

Yes, good advice. Move the UI to the laterals, like I do with mine:

Thanks in advance!

The UI is still a work in progress, so I'll see what we can do with having the initiative order on the left side of the screen.
Excellent. :salute:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer

I guess this is a case of needing to support 4:3 and 5:4 with less work but men that initiative order would be so much better on the left or right side of the screen.

Good point. We'll also try to make it more customizable.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So when is the last content patch will be out? I am holding back my 5th playtrough (yes, so far i only played it 4 times, shame on me) until the last content patch, which i heard will add quite a hefty sum of stuff

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Last is a strong word but the next scheduled content update will be released in the summer. At the moment we're busy working on the crawler but when we hit the next milestone, we'll take a break and add more content to AoD.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Saw new negative reviews written by angry players who couldn't run the game (3 people, 2 negative reviews + 1 comment under one of these reviews). Seeing their reactions it's no wonder that RPGs nowadays are console garbage where you put a disc in and "it just works". No one tried to make it work or ask the devs for help. I could understand their hastiness if there hasn't been a demo and they would be afraid they would go beyond 2 h limit but there is a DEMO. Is it that hard to see? I've advertised this sale on Polish reddit and the only guy who responded to it had no problems with finding it. He also had some technical problem (the game was super slow on his GeForce 840m, ntel hd530 laptop) but that's why he tried the demo first. He said he liked what he saw though so you might get another customer at least (he will just play it on his desktop).

Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Based on Steamcharts, it looks like the sale is having quite a huge bump in players.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A new patch is live on Steam (218 MB).

Improvements

- Huge performance increase in Ganezzar, minor boosts in other locations.
- Animation speed now goes up to 4x.
- Separate animation speed for combat and exploration.
- If a crossbow is loaded, there's a new icon that shows the number of loaded bolts in the inventory screen.
- You can see the weight of equipped items.
- You can reload crossbows in the inventory.
- Pressing "R" reloads the last used ammo in crossbows.
- Added intro art to Zamedi.
- Added option to hide skill tags in dialogue.
- Added new camera option: follow player character.
- You can set the cameras mode for combat and exploration. For example, the camera can follow the player's character when he/she is moving in real time, then switch to free camera in combat.

Fixes:

- Fixed infinite XP with the Ordu's Keeper of Tales.
- Fixed double training from Tiresias.
- Jellyfish artefact properly removed when used to power up the ship.
- Fixed issue with Rusty and the journal in TG4 if you chose the lore option with Levir.
- You can no longer fast travel out Ganezzar's arena, breaking the quest. Improved cameras for the quest.
- Fixed early quest ending in TG questline in Ganezzar if you don't kill Faelan, kill Levir and then open the gates for the aurelians.
- Fixed issue with Nasir's Gem quest if you visited the Villa before getting the quest.
- Fixed a rare case of Esbenus not being considered dead if killed via "perception" option with Dellar.
- Power tube properly removed on activating blue steel mode in Teron's mine.
- Fixed double combat SP in TG4 fight.
- Fixed minor issues with Zamedi's guardin ending plus double XP if you try to exit during combat once he's dead.
- You can no longer defeat the stone guardians by stair hopping. They will properly follow you.
- Fixed issues with spiking the wine with alchemy in Teron's mine.
- Scoped crossbow in aemolas village now checks for piercing and barbed as well.
- Fixed issue with climbing in Camilla's house if you failed the throwing check.
- Carrinas will now speak to you about the temple when he joins HC as templar.
- You can no longer sell the power armor helmets when you have it equipped.
- Slides buttons properly show next or close depending on if there's another slide after it.
- Fixed issue with traps in TG7.
- Ending a conversation that starts a combat using the numbered keys no longer locks the middle mouse camera rotation until a right-click is made.
- Fixed collision issues with Teron Palace's floor.
- Added some missing thieving SP.
- Fixed several minor issues and typos.

Changes:

- Hellgate's bomb crafting check is 6 (from 7).
- Ganezzar zealot persuasion streetwise check is 12 (from 14).
- Visiting the bandit camp, mining outpost and Darius tomb grants a small amount of SP (3 each).
- Winning the game with Lucius in Teron's tavern grants 1 civil SP.
- Added some civil SP for finding the mantra in Teron's Palace Adventure.
- The plague interaction in Ganezzar grants 1 or 2 civil SP (success and Great Success!).
- Scoped crossbow description mentions the extended range + the new attack.
- Potent poison duration now 5 (from 6).
- Bolas and nets Critical Strike chance based on throwing skill, not CS.
- Tweaks made to training: You only have combat SP to distribute, each combat grants some extra combat SP, new tutorial messages.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/371918937276612677/

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
A new patch is live on Steam (218 MB). (...)
It's been up longer, I recommend subscribing for test branch:

In order to switch to the test branch, go to your Steam Library, right click Age of Decadence -> Properties -> Betas, enter password: "blacksheepwall" without quotes, click "Check Code". A new branch will appear in a drop-down menu above, select it, close the window.
Changes and fixes are good, e.g. "You can no longer defeat the stone guardians by stair hopping. They will properly follow you." I used to defeat Zamedi demon with a super weak character using a crossbow. Great update overall. If they had released it before the huge sale there would probably be at least 3 negative reviews less.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
i am to much a pussy to disable the skill tag >__>

just finished my 5th playtrough. maybe later when i am more experienced. pretty proud with my assassin though, he killed zamedi guardian, faelan, arena champion + challengers. too bad he isnt enough for agathoth.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
anyway, 4x battle animation speed help in long ass battle with alot of character like the battle of harran pass and infariae massacre (that's my favorite part lol, i let stupid, dirty villagers surround me and unleash whirlwind of death with potent poison)

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
FUCKONG SOMETHING BROKE THE GAME FOR ME BROS

WELL IN SLUMS NO LONGER DOES TEXT SECTION INSTEAD I AM CAUGHT IN DARKNESS WITH AREA VISISBLE

MONASTERY TOTALL FUCKED BANDITS DONT ATTACK IF I KILL ONE

THE MONASTERY VAULKT HAS NO LIGHTS AND I CANT EXAMINE SAFE

VILLAGE DOESNT AUTOATTACK AND ELDER WONT SELL SHI

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom