Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Marobug

I have the same issue. I can run most games released this year and the last in the high to highest settings, but a game that screams 2005 runs at a steady 25 fps in some areas ? Troika didn't die for this

Lerk

Learned
this game surprisingly runs like shit even on the lowest of settings. What the fuck is wrong?

I have the same issue. I can run most games released this year and the last in the high to highest settings, but a game that screams 2005 runs at a steady 25 fps in some areas ? Troika didn't die for this

You both assert the game runs badly and you both neglect to mention what you're running it on.
I can run it maxed at 60fps. Which is similarly useless info, as I'll keep my specs to myself.

Pointless and irritating isn't it? :lol:

One glaring issue I see with Grim Dawn VS Titan Quest is the physics.

Titan Quest actually beats Grim Dawn in this respect.

sullynathan

Arcane
Yeah, I am using a 2012 Macbook pro but I can run Dark Souls 2, Max Payne 3 above 30 fps and some other modern shits yet I can't get above 12 fps on the absolute lowest settings in this game. When its maxed out, I only get 5 fps. :lol: wtf is wrong with this game?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yeah, I'm sure the kickstarter funding didn't really leave much room for accurate physics to be put into the game.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I am using a 2012 Macbook pro but I can run Dark Souls 2, Max Payne 3 above 30 fps and some other modern shits yet I can't get above 12 fps on the absolute lowest settings in this game. When its maxed out, I only get 5 fps. :lol: wtf is wrong with this game?
Did you enable or disable Vertical Sync?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So I just realized those augments you buy from faction merchants work along side the the ones you find as drops/smith. That would have been good to know 60 hours ago.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So I just realized those augments you buy from faction merchants work along side the the ones you find as drops/smith. That would have been good to know 60 hours ago.

Wow I didn't know that either.

Used to find them pretty mediocre.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
kt92LAx.png

Uhhh no thanks.

Yeah, I'm sure the kickstarter funding didn't really leave much room for accurate physics to be put into the game.

I tried to look up Titan Quest's cost, but could not find it.

Grim Dawn raised $537,515 through Kickstarter.

Taken directly from its Wikipedia page:

Grim Dawn will also build upon existing systems present in Titan Quest, such as improved physics, location specific damage effects, dismemberment, and a completely redesigned quest system.

Does anybody else prefer Titan Quest's physics to Grim Dawn?

In Titan Quest, mobs flew all over the place like with insane rag-doll effects; their corpses stayed behind.

In Grim Dawn, the mobs don't fly nearly as far and disintegrate once they hit the ground.

Last edited:
Game's choppy as hell tho, performance wise. Everyone I knew even with modern PCs said that fps drops were in a lot of ways like TQ, which isn't surprising really since it's the same engine.

Game's choppy as hell tho, performance wise. Everyone I knew even with modern PCs said that fps drops were in a lot of ways like TQ, which isn't surprising really since it's the same engine.

I would not say all that.

I built my PC a year ago and it runs Grim Dawn very well on High settings.

If I max everything out (AF, AA), then I get some low frame rates but without any noticeable boost to visuals.

Idk, my performance isn't affected by graphics options at all. I get the same 60 fps most of the time unless it's a big ass fight, then it drops to 20 or so.

I have never had a problem with either game engine.

Titan Quest ran like a dream and so does Grim Dawn.

If anything, Grim Dawn would be way more taxing than Titan Quest because of the insanely detailed levels.

I believed Titan Quest's graphics for an isometric ARPG in 2006 were pretty advanced.

Grim Dawn is a bit outdated though.

Both still destroy Diablo 3.

gestalt11

Arbiter
I have to say Flashbang + Elemetnal storm devotion and about 160+% cast speed is stupidly effective. Completely neuters large mobs while killing them medium fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom