Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aversion Sunrise ARPG with heavy rpg elements

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I saw this on rpgwatch at this link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32881

This game looks pretty awesome.

Features

• Challenging squad based combat:
    The combat in Aversion: Sunrise is fast, brutal, and unforgiving.The surviving members of the Sunrise will have to use every weapon and ability at their disposal to fight against the alien threats - be it with flamethrowers, machine guns or psychic powers.
  • Adaptive gameplay:
    The game will let the player approach objectives in many different ways, both on the combat map and on the campaign map. Each character has access to both a melee weapon and a ranged weapon and will have to swap between these in order to counter the different threats. A tactician's mind and careful strategic planning will be the key to victory.
  • Ability-centric gameplay:
    Aversion brings back the RPG aspect of turn based strategy games. Smart use of your abilities are key to your survival - and using abilities in synergy with each other will allow your characters to pull off awesome combos that will clear the map of any hostiles in sight. Beware however, that abilities can come with both long cooldowns and limited charges, so make sure to make the most of them.
  • Character development:
    Form a strike team by choosing four members from your crew, each with a unique set of skills and weaponry. The game will feature massive choices in how the player may choose to develop these - with each character having 243 different ways to be specced!
  • Hard choices, tough calls
    Aversion: Sunrise is not a fairytale; throughout the game the player will be tested again and again. Not everyone will live to see the Sunrise. When you are in a position where you can't save everyone, whom do you choose? Will you save the medic or the engineer?

Tigranes

Arcane
"Swap between melee and ranged weapons" is not what I call "adaptive gameplay", and humans against Mysterious Alien Species (TM) is even worse than Orcs, but hey, every squad TBS is a noble attempt. I get the feeling the writing/setting/etc will be rubbish, so it all depends on the gameplay mechanics.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's just yet another bland piece of shit brought to you by roqua.

"Inspired by XCOM And Divinity OS". Damn thing looks like the two games merged together.

Roqua

Prospernaut
DarkUnderlord when is roqua getting an appropriate plant avatar?

I'm a little confused? What kind of plant? My avatar now has some plants in it. If I have any say in what kind of plant my avatar is I want to be an eggplant. Unless that is a gourd, then I want to be aloe plant. I like them. We had one growing up and my mother would put it on our cuts and scraps after the stuff that foamed (hydrosomething or other). I like how thick the leaf sprout things are. Also, I grew up in a time when kids were sent outside unsupervised all day starting at around toddler age and the hospital was for broken bones. We rid bikes with no protection, played full contact sports on the street, and cut the and scrapped the shit out of ourselves pretty much daily. My mother gave me stitches herself a bunch of times we couldn't stop the bleeding. All us kids were under very strict orders to never get in an ambulance no matter what unless you were stabbed more than once or shot. My parents were far more into saving money than safety. I actually talked to my wife about moving to a country were kids can still be kids and aren't coddled like a little piece of precious fat pill sucking monkey creatures that are produced in the US today. But, my wife is a hippy and is into all this safety idiocy. I banned my kids from watching youtube since all they wanted to do was watch fucking morons play minecraft on youtube and my wife even overruled me on that because according to her all the kids are doing it. So? If all the kids were sticking pineapples up their asses would you want ours to join in? I would actually prefer my kids wanting to stick pineapples up their asses to watching fucking morons play minecraft on youtube. I really don't want to stick a pineapple a pineapple in my own ass, but I can kind of somewhat see someone thinking - "Hmmm, I wonder what a pineapple shoved up my ass would feel like." I cannot fathom at all why someone would want to watch fucking moronic retards play Minecraft on youtube all the time. Not even a teeny tiny bit. They don't even laugh. They watch it like zombie shitheads. Oh, Lord, it makes me want to travel back in time when they were babies and shake the dickens out of them.

laclongquan

Arcane
I banned my kids from watching youtube since all they wanted to do was watch fucking morons play minecraft on youtube and my wife even overruled me on that because according to her all the kids are doing it. So? If all the kids were sticking pineapples up their asses would you want ours to join in? ... cannot fathom at all why someone would want to watch fucking moronic retards play Minecraft on youtube all the time. Not even a teeny tiny bit. They don't even laugh. They watch it like zombie shitheads. Oh, Lord, it makes me want to travel back in time when they were babies and shake the dickens out of them.

THAT is the answer. To keep the little ADHD machines quiet a little, letting them watch anime is a cheap price.

Minecraft on youtube is not anime? Fuck you bud, dont disturb my peace.

Roqua

Prospernaut
I banned my kids from watching youtube since all they wanted to do was watch fucking morons play minecraft on youtube and my wife even overruled me on that because according to her all the kids are doing it. So? If all the kids were sticking pineapples up their asses would you want ours to join in? ... cannot fathom at all why someone would want to watch fucking moronic retards play Minecraft on youtube all the time. Not even a teeny tiny bit. They don't even laugh. They watch it like zombie shitheads. Oh, Lord, it makes me want to travel back in time when they were babies and shake the dickens out of them.
THAT is the answer. To keep the little ADHD machines quiet a little, letting them watch anime is a cheap price.

Minecraft on youtube is not anime? Fuck you bud, dont disturb my peace.

No - kids should be causing a ruckus and trouble and constantly doing stupid shit* with other kids. That is what childhood has always been until the last generation or two.

*Not stupid shit like watching people play minecraft on youtube - stupid shit outside like kids have always done throughout history.

laclongquan

Arcane
You should be happy if the machines decide to go outside and play. But what happen if they decide to play INSIDE your home? Screaming at every minutes and running nonstop? Like Energizer Bunny?

Yeah, I thought so.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
More like a ScifFi Blackguards, doesn't look like it has much interactivity outside of combat

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
okay, which part of this is "action garbage"?

i clicked this thread expecting some gothic-like or side scrolling arpg...

Roqua

Prospernaut
okay, which part of this is "action garbage"?

i clicked this thread expecting some gothic-like or side scrolling arpg...

The hilarious staff changed me original title to something super funny.

Doktor Best

Arcane
The trailer music triggers me, never has there been a worse trailer music in the history of gametrailers...

And the artstyle, combat effects, animations... well... lets say i remain sceptical.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Title of thread is extremely misleading and the game does seem to be somewhat interesting. Wouldn't mind a sci-fi D:OS clone of some sort.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Doesn't look too bad, but I wonder if the team can realize everything. The trailer music is fine, better than another synthesizer space chorus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom