Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Trash - edgy post-apocalyptic isometric action-RPG - now available on Early Access

V_K

Arcane
Guess I'll have to start using smilies extensively once again...

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
aaaagh_zpsnx3jh6sb.png

Ladonna

Arcane
This reminds me of Dink Smallwood. With more swearing. And guns. Call me insane, but I may buy it.

That blue haired PC is such a moron, that I might actually get some enjoyment from this if the mechanics are half solid.

And as someone else here said, it also kind of reminds me of the Codex.

Pity the Blue haired idiot didn't use a few more one liners containing "Moron!" and "Why do you lie?" with the odd "R00FLES!!11!" thrown in. It could be a passable Volourn simulator.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Wow, someone saw the noodle limb aesthetic of that superbrothers game and actually thought it was a style worth imitating? That's like looking at a Rob Liefeld comic, and think that having everyone's feet hidden behind rocks is a good idea.
Aren't noodle limbs a fashion drawing thing?

gestalt11

Arbiter
Whoever the devs are they must think subtle is what you get when you don't shave for a few days.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I was checking if there was some new info about the game, I didn't expect the developer to be so active in posting updates. If he's as much active in developping the game, we'll get something to play.
tumblr_nyjd7xFgpB1udgdfno1_1280.gif

There will be multiple characters to choose from. The plan is to allow character creation (assigning of base stats) later in the game once the player is more familiar with everything.

Two updates from indieDb :
Posted by talecrafter on Nov 20th, 2015

The first Death Trash prototype becomes more playable from week to week, but as this game consists of many subsystems and I am only one person working on this, it might still take some time until they interlock and the real fun emerges. But it's time that I tell you a bit about the current state and progress.

In the last weeks I added a basic merchant, a crafting system, equipping and using abilities, a rudimentary quest system and many other small features. The visual aspect of combat got improved quite a bit, although the gameplay part of that is still lacking some "fun". The local co-op still works great, meaning a second player can join and leave anytime, controls can be Mouse/Gamepad or Gamepad/Gamepad and sides/characters can also be switched as long as both characters are alive.

An example of a small feature that takes some time to implement but is not special enough to show: Dialogue could be cancelled since early in the project. But now dialogue gets resumed from the last state, in case the player accidently left the dialogue and returns to the same NPC. And of course there is an internal check if the state of conversation is still valid. Coding this takes time, and there is even the chance that this "resume" feature gets kicked out again if it does not feel right, but still, it's not time wasted, because how dialogue is handled is integral to this project.

I continue to work on the concept of the world, but as the other development work is so intense at the moment, I keep this loose and not very concrete. Fleshing out areas (gets another meaning with this game) is postponed until the gameplay state of the prototype is more advanced and I know with more surety what type of areas are possible and make sense. There's of course something to be said for designing first and then implementing, but for now it helps me keeping focus by working on the programming itself, so that the gamplay can be "felt and touched" instead of only thought about.

A feature that will help me greatly in the coming months is a new self-made tool that imports Aseprite animations into Unity. Many manual steps removed, this now gives opportunity to quickly iterate on animations.

The next weeks will hopefully give opportunity to build some 'real' content for the prototype, meaning that it will not just feel like example material only destined to prove and test subsystems.

If you would like to see more of the Death Trash development you can follow me on Twitter @talecrafter where I post almost daily.

Stephan
A summary of the work done in the last two months. A custom editor for behaviour patterns, characters comment now on different events like entering combat and picking up things, a custom skin/hair color shader was added, dialogue gets interrupted by nearby enemies and can be resumed afterwards. Refactoring and a lot of other small things. World building through images continues at a steady pace.

Posted by talecrafter on Feb 1st, 2016

braincave.png

In the last development update I wrote that the next weeks would hopefully give opportunity to build some 'real' content for the prototype. Turns out there was a whole lot more coding needed on the base framework. And there still is.

While I managed to adapt the sequence editor that is already used for all dialogues and other logic constructs to be also usable for building behavior patterns for the NPCs and enemies, this needs a lot more finetuning, bugfixing and refactoring. The Aseprite Animation Importer I mentioned last time got some improvements and an official home on Github: Github.com

wart.png

A good friend of me, Richard Baxter (@raxterbaxter), helped with adding a custom skin/hair color shader to the project. Makes the game instantly more colorful. The world will still have appropriate color schemes for the different parts and scenarios, but crowded areas like the Puke Bar can now be shown it all its glory and variety. (The image below, quality of characters etc. is just work in progress, of course.)

screenshot_1404x790_2016-02-01_2.png

Handling of characters, dialogue etc. saw many small improvements. Characters have partings words now, comment when picking up items and entering combat etc. And finally, dialogue gets interrupted by nearby enemies and can be resumed afterwards.

asiwassaying_finished.gif

World building continues mostly through images and writing some ideas down. There is an abstract of a story I have in mind, but I should work more on factions etc. before nailing it down. On a side note, I finished the Daily Art Streak, which means 365 artworks of any kind on a daily basis. I plan to continue with daily artworks because they were the foundation of last year's productivity and the beginning of Death Trash itself. You can find my latest images over here: Streak.club

ironman_of_obedience_and_pervers.png

There was a lot of positive feedback from many people about the project. The concept and the artwork in general gets love and encouraging comments. What some of those people interested in the project wrote to me is that they would rather have a great experience, a full game, than a rushed one. I agree there. I would rather create a quality experience than getting a premature game out sooner. So while the possible release date of 2016 still stands for now, there's a good chance it will be changed to a later date when the scope of the project unfolds.

The next weeks I will continue with world design and more coding. This time hopefully a bit more on the gameplay side than 'just' framework and tools.

If you would like to see more of the Death Trash development you can follow me on Twitter @talecrafter where I post almost daily.

Stephan
And some new screenshots :
tumblr_o1iejj0agC1udgdfno1_1280.png

The cross where Shebzu spilled his seed and people licked it from the ground.
tumblr_o0i2pk8NqD1udgdfno1_1280.png

“Walking the perimeter”
tumblr_o06hcgb3By1udgdfno1_1280.png

Where the Hornseye casts judgement on all non-believers.
tumblr_o1k5ucjO9l1udgdfno1_1280.png

“She knew she would die there, eaten alive, when she was chained in the corridor of pain.”
tumblr_o10mbvO9Fs1udgdfno1_1280.png

The Crawling Ingester
tumblr_o0usmrGGvQ1udgdfno1_1280.png

War veteran - “Hey, I think you lost something.”
tumblr_o0snp8vjiE1udgdfno1_1280.png

First design pass at some raiders.
tumblr_o1x7bbWgjA1udgdfno1_1280.png

“Guess it all comes down to you and me now.”
tumblr_o257eyYQDN1udgdfno1_1280.png

Transmitter
tumblr_o2a6m4MNvG1udgdfno1_1280.png

“In the shadows of the mountains, the breeding continues unwatched.”
tumblr_o0qyygn0Ab1udgdfno1_1280.jpg

The masters of energy and their daily dispute.
tumblr_nz7ica9LuZ1udgdfno1_1280.png

The Overseer With The Shattered Eye
tumblr_nz5cvfdpZW1udgdfno1_1280.gif

The game doesn’t care that much anymore if player present. Poor citizens get killed by wildlife now.
tumblr_nywcyxjvLk1udgdfno1_1280.png

“We take care of our old and needy.”
tumblr_nxggz6Si6a1udgdfno1_1280.png

tumblr_nxggz6Si6a1udgdfno3_1280.png

tumblr_nxb4j1wkfk1udgdfno2_540.png

tumblr_nxb4j1wkfk1udgdfno3_540.png

tumblr_nx17luBpik1udgdfno1_1280.png

Ca7tYByWcAAuLrW.jpg

CahKvEKXIAADNRu.jpg:large

tumblr_nxlk1lCFR11udgdfno2_1280.png
I am not sure that all the following ones are related to the game, but they seem to be :
d17XYN.png

wz14sy.png

"He was outcast, but they built a tower for him not far away so that he could still feel the pounding of the maelstrom."
gdWZMn.png

B7oqhO.png

V1FbpD.png

t2lIon.png

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
This is so extreme and nonsensical it might actually turn out good by sheer virtue of the fact that the creator seems to throw everything in without a filter.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't see myself playing it, but it looks like a honest effort, and quite different from other games around. The negativity here feels more infantile than the aesthetics of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom