Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

lightbane

Arcane
If that happened, then we would have to quickly use a charged Gygadine to clean the area from Biowarian homo-infection, then wash ourselves with cold water to prevent further contamination. Also a thorough search of the surroundings would be mandatory, lest we miss someone infected who's not cleansed and be unable to prevent it from spreading bad writing everywhere.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Intermission: A Council of Nobles

“And regarding the matter of the expedition to the Forest of Ruin, we have authorized the mobilization of a company of men drawn from Marquis Vellum’s troops,” the elderly nobleman droned. He glanced at Duke Hargreave Brescia, as if to say, ‘Are you certain about this?’. The duke’s expression bore no trace of doubt, unlike many others in the room.

“I will be pleased to lead my men in adventure, Count Pellmall,” said the moustached young Marquis politely to the older man, albeit slightly reluctantly. Left unspoken was the shared question that hung over the heads of the nobles present: is this expedition worth it?

“It will be worth it,” said the duke in his deep, booming voice, almost as if reading their minds. “I do not think that the Barzamites would send a detachment of their knights into the forest behind our backs, against our agreement, for no reason at all.” So saying, the duke glanced at the dark corner of the room, where he thought the Golden Snake was standing. The Barzamites’ little side excursion would have been unnoticed without his helpful report. A dangerous snake, that one is, but one he is forced to keep close to his chest nonetheless. It is all for the sake of the world. Duke Hargreave continued, “They may be zealots, but their zealotry is grounded in the words of their Princess-Confessor.”

The nobles shifted uncomfortably in their seats. They knew of the Princess-Confessor and her rumoured powers. They did not like what it implied about their faith. “Princess Filomena’s faction, what do they make of this?” asked one of them, a man with the bloated face that comes with decades of rich living. The duke turned his eyes to the man – Baron Alsace, who was known to spend more time with that rat Norvegis than strictly necessary.

“Filomena and the nobles backing her know of the importance of that piece of land.” The commanding voice that cut in before the duke could speak belonged to the Crown Prince, who had been quietly observing the meeting thus far. Feist Yuiry leaned forward, putting his hands on the large table. “Her husband would have instructed her on its strategic importance. After all, he was the man who marched his soldiers through that very forest when many considered it to be impassable, hostile terrain, and cut off the spearhead of the Barzamite invasion from its logistical shaft. Of course, it is ultimately just basic strategy executed well.”

The Crown Prince had always fancied himself a masterful military strategist. Feist had done acceptably for himself as a general during the fight against Barzam, but to his utmost disappointment the glories of that war had ultimately fallen upon the shoulders of one man: Ondore Hastwell. Well-deserved though those accolades may be, the duke knew that it still rankled at the Crown Prince to this day.

“It clearly illustrates the conundrum that we have. Here we have a piece of land bordering other nations which is ill-patrolled and not under the direct control of any royal or noble person. It is thought to be impenetrable, yet the impossible has been achieved once before. Who knows if one day an enemy nation might also find a way through its twisting mazes and dangerous monsters, striking us in our vulnerable back? Still, it is good that Filomena has not dared to act yet. By moving first, we will have the advantage!” continued the prince.

“That aside, the mages tell us that the land is remarkably rich in leylines. We do not have a way to delve deeply enough to tap into that power yet, but it is an important place to survey considering the advances we are making almost every other day. We must think of the future!” A plump, balding nobleman with a pencil-thin moustache advocated loudly. “Ah, if only we had a mind like Zayan of Dijeh in our lands!”

At the mention of that name, the duke stiffened up, as did the Crown Prince. That woman had yet to be found. Though they had sent a good number of knights to capture and question the bandits in the region, none of them took responsibility for her kidnapping. On this matter, the duke had found himself being forced to rely on the influence of Princess Filomena in the Dijehnese court to stave off a serious diplomatic uproar. Staving off… yes, that was the extent of her ability. Every day the demands of Dijeh for Zayan to be located grew louder, and every day the princess seemed a little more haggard and distracted. There was no doubt that Dijeh would go to war over Zayan should they suspect any foul play. Duke Hargreave allowed himself a secret little smile. Despite his initial panic over the situation, this highly risky situation may work out to be in his and Feist’s favour after all.

“Thank you for that little outburst, Lord Steading,” said the duke sternly. Steading shrank back, his shiny cheeks red with shame. “Now, I am certain everyone is clear on the advantages of supporting the Adventurer’s Guild on this expedition? Though they will reap the benefits monetarily, in the long run any exploration of the Forest of Ruin… and the rights to the lands it encompasses… will benefit us.”

The nobles nodded as one. They began to murmur, some lost in thoughts of future riches, some in thoughts of future glory.

“To ensure that no one can take this credit away from you fine gentlemen,” Feist spoke up, “I will be sending my son along on the expedition.”

The duke’s face froze up. “Your Highness, you mean to say…”

“Yes,” nodded Feist. “Feyton will lead the expedition. All credit will be his, and by virtue of his blood, mine. And my credit, of course, is your credit, loyal nobles of mine.”

Hargreave’s bejeweled fingers tightened their grip on his chair subtly. He knew Feist – he had known him since he was a little princeling playing in his gardens – and knew that his ambition stretched to cover his child’s future. “Is it not too dangerous, Your Highness?”

“Nonsense! If he is accompanied by the finest adventurers in the land and Marquis Vellum’s proven soldiers, there is no safer place to be. I have also asked for the Knights of the Azurelion to mobilize ten of their best knights. In Wisteria’s absence, her second-in-command Sir Orsten has stepped up to volunteer himself and nine other valorous young warriors. Furthermore, the Royal Caster Society have, upon my encouragement, agreed to contact Lord Elmont and ask for his assistance,” grinned Feist. “I do not think anything in that forest, short of the second coming of the Demon God Vaalgrahf himself, would pose a threat to the expedition.”

The duke sighed. “I see. Very well, Your Highness. You seem to have thought it through.” He wondered if it would be an appropriate move to have Shara keep an eye on the young Prince Feyton. The spy had just returned from that fiasco in Ontoglia. Things were stirring there and seemed to prove to him that wherever the name Trider Muhchacraken appeared, trouble was bound to follow. Fortunately for him, Trider’s meddling and Shara’s well-timed intervention might be incentive enough to finally pull Ambrese Hastwell into his camp… but for now, he had to make sure that this expedition went as he planned.

If Duke Hargreave Brescia was to successfully crown Feist Yuiry as king before the year is out, he had to find what he was looking for in those ruins.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Initial phrasing:
So saying, the duke glanced at the dark corner of the room, where he thought the Golden Snake was standing. He would not have known of the Barzamites’ little excursion without his report.
Golden Snake confirmed for :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:. I knew it wasn't me misreading stuff!

Modified phrasing:
So saying, the duke glanced at the dark corner of the room, where he thought the Golden Snake was standing. The Barzamites’ little side excursion would have been unnoticed without his helpful report.
Hmmm... an honest mistake, or covering tracks? :philosoraptor:

Only one way to find out.

Feist had done acceptably for himself as a general during the fight against Barzam, but to his utmost disappointment the glories of that war had ultimately fallen upon the shoulders of one man: Ondore Hastwell.
Ondore looks more and more like a bro. Kills Barzamites, envied by Feist, and has a cool niece. He's like Duke Brescia's good twin. :P

He looks like a fellow we might be able to work with eventually. It's a shame we have taken a dump on him by kidnapping Zayan, but he doesn't have to know. :M

Duke Hargreave allowed himself a secret little smile. Despite his initial panic over the situation, this may work out to be in his and Feist’s favour after all.
Dijenise relationships are worsening with the UNBRO alliance on the rise. Not good. Hopefully, we can turn it into a proper clusterfuck for all, with everyone killing everyone. That's the only way to make it fair. :salute:

In Wisteria’s absence, her second-in-command Sir Orsten has stepped up to volunteer himself and nine other valorous young warriors.
Now, THAT is interesting. So, Wist fled or hid? Or why is she absent? Isnt' that something Ellen or Governor are supposed to know?

Maybe she is on her honeymoon with Nostrils. :M

Things were stirring there and seemed to prove to him that wherever the name Trider Muhchacraken appeared, trouble was bound to follow. Trider’s meddling and Shara’s well-timed intervention might be incentive enough to finally pull Ambrese Hastwell into his camp…
Can't wait until he tries. I'd probably tell the Guvner to go along with it so that the backstab would be all the sweeter.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Now, THAT is interesting. So, Wist fled or hid? Or why is she absent? Isnt' that something Ellen or Governor are supposed to know?

Absence from her duties. She's incapacitated, in other words.

Nevill

Arcane
All the more reason to finally kidnap her without flesh-golemizing her. :salute:

The memory erasure spell just shot up very high on my priority list. :lol:

P.S. Really, though. If we want to keep prisoners with the intent to release them eventually (say, for ransom, or as a hostage, or for whatever reason) it is a spell that is absolutely necessary for them not to blab about us, our whereabouts, our capabilities and our companions. I'd probably hit the books and try to develop something similar next time we have the opportunity. Looks like Feyton at the very least might have to go on a vacation with us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Preparations

Aria and Arlin’s training have taken up most of your time in recent days. You had nudged them towards developing their skills in certain directions.

For Aria, you chose to:

A. Focus on learning new spells focused around destructive magic.

B. Focus on improving her version of lightning transformation.

C. Focus on learning the Way of the Fist as taught by Barbatos.

And for Arlin, you chose to:

A. Focus on learning utility magic, which he seems more comfortable with.

B. Focus on learning the art of stealth.

C. Focus on his swordsmanship.

Taking some time off from their training, you lounge in your room while munching on an apple. A letter had arrived from Ontoglia; it was one that Shara had sent via your mutual acquaintance, Governor Hastwell. It explained a bit of what was going on in the country and why a prince of the kingdom was accompanying the adventurers. It is somewhat useful information. When you are done, you set the letter alight with a spell and reduce it to ash. Nobles and their schemes… they never change no matter which world you find yourself in. Well, they can plot their elaborate ambitions all they like. You prefer to aim for the simpler things in life. Comfort. Money. Fixing an uncooperative little bastard.

You had ordered the golems to construct an ominous castle nearer to Erise – a short-lived decoy that is nothing more than a flimsy façade, unsuitable to live in but close enough for your purposes. What matters more is how you should populate it… and that would depend on what the expedition is truly looking for. They have already arrived at the village and are setting up camp there.

You lean back on the chair, balancing it on two legs as you rest your feet on the desk. The quill twirls around your fingers, and you wonder how you should play…

A. You approach them personally as Trider Muhchacraken, offering your services. Given the number of mages in that party, you are not willing to bet that a low-level magical disguise would do anything besides making things worse when it was inevitably dispelled. Your poor reputation aside, your skill as a mage is known to them by now. You are certain some amongst them will welcome your presence, based off what you had gleaned from the adventurer who had called himself Amesdan.

B. You send someone else to join the expedition as your spy. Why do the work yourself when you can have someone else do it for you?
1. Rin
2. Aria
3. Arlin
4. Lucy

C. You send no one at all, instead quietly asking the villagers of Erise to help find out more on your behalf. They would not be as effective in carrying out your orders, but it would be a far less risky method.

The towers that Zayan built had begun focusing the power of the leylines that blanketed this land into a defensive field. According to Zayan, the golems and goblins had dug down deep - perhaps a bit too deeply - during construction of those towers. Far beneath the village, they had stumbled upon more buried ruins that Zayan believed to belong to the old demon kingdom. Boss had been extremely excited, hoping to find artifacts of Vaalgrahf as an offering to your dark majesty, and requested permission to undertake a goblin expedition of his own into those ruins. According to him, there were three locations he thought promising.

A. A long, dark tunnel that appears to have no beginning and no end, with strange, rusted strips running along its length.

B. A damp room half flooded with water that, even though overgrown with plants, is lined with walls that reflect dimly those that walk in front of them.

C. A large hall with broken statues and pitch-black stairs leading to nowhere.

D. You bar any expeditions until you have the time or inclination to take a look at these places personally. Best to leave old ruins alone. At least until you know how to turn a profit from them.

Nevill

Arcane
The goblins have delved too deep... and too greedily. :roll::lol:

Aria:

She has the best spell one can have already. She just needs to learn how to use it.

Arlin:

Utility magic looks perfect for a guy like him (Sleep, Unlock - hell, it has Invisibility that may or may not supercede stealth!), but so does true stealth. He has the potential to be a swordsman, but I'd prefer the kids as someones who aren't pure fighters. Fighters are boring. :roll:

treave, if we aren't going to Erise in person, do we lead the expedition in the ruins personally in the meantime? If so, I'll probably vote for sending Aria there (probably to try and befriend Fayton as a kid her age so that he would trust her more easily - I am afraid of sending Arlin because there still may be someone important from the banquet who remembers his face).

Of course, there is always a possibility of the Snake turning it against us.

If not, I guess we could go there and offer our services, trying to learn what they want and coordinate our trap with the gobbos/Zayan by generous applications of Teleport, then leading them right into it.

Edit: A. B.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
BAB2D

Don't know what to make of the last one so I'll vote to save it for later.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, if we aren't going to Erise in person, do we lead the expedition in the ruins personally in the meantime?

You are not a big fan of dungeon exploration, having done a lot of it in your career and finding that 99% of dungeons do not give worthwhile rewards and are just tedious grinds. It would take some time for you to muster enough inclination to go look at more dungeons, perhaps only after the adventurers have been dealt with.

If so, I'll probably vote for sending Aria there (probably to try and befriend Fayton as a kid her age so that he would trust her more easily - I am afraid of sending Arlin because there still may be someone important from the banquet who remembers his face).

Aria isn't exactly an unknown face either since the Knights of the Azurelion are sending people. Might have some apprentices tagging along for training.:M

Nevill

Arcane
Might have some apprentices tagging along for training.:M
:lol:

Now I am torn between Aria and Arlin. Knowing Arlin, he'll probably return with Eileen and Nina hanging from both hands.

Aria isn't exactly an unknown face either since the Knights of the Azurelion are sending people.
She is unknown as Trider's companion.

Speaking of which, how much is Arlin known as such? The banquet was for nobles, not adventurers. Alexander would recognize him, but anyone else? Hmmm...

Might have some apprentices tagging along for training.
They regard Minotaur Firelord as training, huh? Must be some really confident fellows.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A versatility is nice. More destructive spells, yes please.
A see above.
B4 Noone will suspect the cow! Send her. :yeah:
C Stairs to nowhere sounds interesting.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Those of clear sight simply use their eyes.

There are already plenty of eyes. A whole village's worth, considering where they set up camp. What you need more at the moment are ears, and perhaps later a mouth.

Kipeci

Arcane
“I do not think anything in that forest, short of the second coming of the Demon God Vaalgrahf himself, would pose a threat to the expedition.”
This is going to be a very fun chapter!
For Aria, you chose to:

A. Focus on learning new spells focused around destructive magic.

C. Focus on learning the Way of the Fist as taught by Barbatos.
For this one, I personally think it's best to go with C. Barbatos is doing the teaching through us, and given our lack of experience with it I imagine that this can only help to lay a better foundation. I don't think we're likely to get all that much regular practice in with him otherwise, even if this won't be exactly tailored to Erd's needs. I think she'll also take well to the bloodthirsty sort of ripping through opponents with the fist business, and next time I want her to be able to trounce that squire without resorting to spells unless she wants to.
A. Focus on learning utility magic, which he seems more comfortable with.

C. Focus on his swordsmanship.
I'd also like this one to be C, Arlin has great potential there beyond what we've seen with the capacity for slinging around magic.
A. You approach them personally as Trider Muhchacraken, offering your services. Given the number of mages in that party, you are not willing to bet that a low-level magical disguise would do anything besides making things worse when it was inevitably dispelled. Your poor reputation aside, your skill as a mage is known to them by now. You are certain some amongst them will welcome your presence, based off what you had gleaned from the adventurer who had called himself Amesdan.

B. You send someone else to join the expedition as your spy. Why do the work yourself when you can have someone else do it for you?
1. Rin
2. Aria
3. Arlin
4. Lucy

C. You send no one at all, instead quietly asking the villagers of Erise to help find out more on your behalf. They would not be as effective in carrying out your orders, but it would be a far less risky method.
This one's obvious. Lucy would udderly blend in with her surroundings, she was a native to the area for probably her whole life and is held in high esteem by the entire village. There's no toxic prior drama to damage any of her relationships, they would all protect her as their own. Futhermore, she's a very clever and sturdy agent, and others are likely to underestimate her to the point that they would talk about vital plans as if she wasn't even there. In short, she's the perfect spy.

B4 is the only reasonable option if we are to send a spy among them, and I'd rather do that than try to join up ourselves. Too much attention will be on Trider to make sure he isn't up to funny business if he reveals himself, which will make it more difficult to act.
A. A long, dark tunnel that appears to have no beginning and no end, with strange, rusted strips running along its length.

B. A damp room half flooded with water that, even though overgrown with plants, is lined with walls that reflect dimly those that walk in front of them.

C. A large hall with broken statues and pitch-black stairs leading to nowhere.

D. You bar any expeditions until you have the time or inclination to take a look at these places personally. Best to leave old ruins alone. At least until you know how to turn a profit from them.
Let's secure the water dungeon so that we may trap the most irritating adventurers there, that's a B.

In total, C C B4 B. I may apply conditionals later.

Nevill

Arcane
Whoa, the lulz-train has already arrived, and I somehow missed the whistle.

Here is how I see the current situation and one of its possible developments if we play our cards right.

The nobles already doubt the Duke and whether or not this expedition is worth their money. Needless to say, it should flop, and the more dramatic is the manner in which it flops, the bigger the effect. The Duke is one of the most influental figures in the nobility right now, but that may change once he starts making blunders, and the Governor will find more support when he distances himself from the Duke if the latter starts looking like a loser.

If we go there in person, I expect the Azurellionites to raise a ruckus, but Alexander - who I suppose may be the one really in charge instead of Feyton - would eventually accept us. We are too strong an asset to ignore, and they think that if we do anything wrong, they have the power to kill us with their combined might. Whatever retribution they think we deserve, it could wait until we tank the dangers for them. So even our haters may be convinced to delay our punishment if that means they get to live longer.

We need to figure out what they are looking for. Then we rearrange the castle according to their expectations, lead them to it and have fun... all the while being on their side and leading the charge. Then we get carried off to our certain death by Rinotaur Fireaxe, and then Rin gets to have her fun. After her 'defeat', the pathetic remains of the expedition get to the final treasure chest and find the Ultimate Holy Grail inside, to return to the Duke and to present him with the toils of their blood and sweat for a well-deserved reward.

Only for it to be a complete, utter, useless fake, if not explode in his face like that chest Erdrick gave to a demon once.
M1fjhIK.gif
That's the rough draft anyway. We may or may not arrange for certain people or princes to get lost in the castle. We may do a lot of things.

One possible side-effect of this is that it might add some more to 'if you see Trider, you are fucked in some way' reputation we have even if they don't connect us to this failure. Then again, I liked archaen's idea of making Brescia see us behind every corner. If we can make him mad enough to start doing stupid things, perhaps it would turn even more people away from him.

We probably shouldn't overdo it and do something that would make them send in the army. But if the adventurers come back 'victorious', there would be no need to. There would be no monsters left there to slay.

If we send a spy instead, the only alternative I can think of is Aria. Arlin is associated with us, and we are associated with Wist's condition, so Azurellion fighters would want him for themselves. He is not as useful as a fighter as Trider, but he can be a lead to his Master. That I think might reduce him to a prisoner and ultimately harm his chances to learn anything.

Rin... I don't think she has the patience for it.

Aria may be known to some of them, but she has no connection to us that can be easily traced. She has fostered some kind of a friendly foe relationship with the squires, where she helped them and called them names at the same time. She might pass herself off as an adventurer wannabe, I guess.

Lucy is, ah, Lucy. Her abilities as an assassin notwithstanding, how do we expect to learn anything useful from her?

I mean, it's not like 'What you need more at the moment are ears, and perhaps later a mouth' can be mistaken for anything else than 'you need your spy to be able to speak', but I am just mentioning it out loud on the off-chance someone read it otherwise. :M

I guess that makes my vote B A A>B2 B

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Lucy is, ah, Lucy. Her abilities as an assassin notwithstanding, how do we expect to learn anything useful from her?

I mean, it's not like 'What you need more at the moment are ears, and perhaps later a mouth' can be mistaken for anything else than 'you need your spy to be able to speak', but I am just mentioning it out loud on the off-chance someone read it otherwise. :M
We have a universal translation spell already, just kick it up one notch from cat people and slimes. :M
Aside from that, she can influence the villagers to be better positioned to pick up vital tips without ever looking suspicious. It's easy to envision a 'Timmy in the Well' type situation, I have the utmost faith in her ability to arrange it so that we can get helpful information. Aria and Arlin have a bad history in the village that will make this harder to pull off (particularly Aria), not to mention that we've had them get into enough trouble with Methussian nobility and squires so as to run into problems and given them increased attention. Rin is of course out of the question... unless we want to start the carnage early, perhaps? I could go for that.

We probably shouldn't overdo it and do something that would make them send in the army. But if the adventurers come back 'victorious', there would be no need to. There would be no monsters there to slay.

This unfortunately falls down to a difference in philosophy between us. I don't think that they're likely to send a terribly tremendous army even if they decide to take such a drastic measure over a lost expedition of 150, given the situation with Dijeh and how sending a sizeable army in that direction could be interpreted. Even if they do, I do not think that we have reason to fear. Erd's spells are designed to create carnage on a frightfully tremendous scale, and we only grow stronger with each enemy defeated.

Nevill

Arcane
Don't be such a coward, Neville.

You're using too much logic and reasoning.
Coward? Me? I am not the one cowering behind a pet in a manner that does not behoove an Overlord!

Logic and reasoning are yet to steer us wrong!

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
VOTE SUMMARY: 1. C>B ; C
2. B2>B3>B1>C
3. B>A.

Well, it seems the FUN train has arrived. And very early it seems. Sorry for my impatience and thank you for your effort, treave! Some stuff to mention:

Erdrick has finally learned to read and write through his Google-translation spell. That, or he's going to write something for someone else to follow instructions. Or he began a diary to pass the time. Or perhaps his new Overlord status is starting to make him write a diary for someone else to "recover", in which he unconsciously adds clues that will lead to his downfall.

So saying, the duke glanced at the dark corner of the room, where he thought the Golden Snake was standing. The Barzamites’ little side excursion would have been unnoticed without his helpful report. A dangerous snake, that one is, but one he is forced to keep close to his chest nonetheless. It is all for the sake of the world.

Megalomania case detected. Also, Erd is going to be really surprised.

Furthermore, the Royal Caster Society have, upon my encouragement, agreed to contact Lord Elmont and ask for his assistance,” grinned Feist. “I do not think anything in that forest, short of the second coming of the Demon God Vaalgrahf himself, would pose a threat to the expedition.

That's it. Now everyone must die, we cannot avoid the plot now that we have been mentioned. Plus so many people equal loads of xp to be distributed. :M:shittydog:

Anyway, time to DISCUSS!:

1. For Aria, the best bet would be... Any of them really. Along with learning some patience and humility, if that was an option. treave, what kind of spells would she learn if we take A here? And would Arlin eventually develop his own fighting techniques if he focuses on his swordmanship? What about "stealth", what exactly does that entail? Not to mention Erdrick is not the most stealthy rogue ever existed. Lastly, what would these "utility spells" be? Do these include Invisibility? Or Teleport? Nevertheless, I say B and C are the best choices.

For Arlin, wizards>fighters>rogues. That's the status quo of DnD, unless we take into account anime techniques So C for now.
Therefore: 1.1: C>B; 1.2: C.

Regardless of the choice, treave, it would help if you reposted their characters sheets please , in case the twins grew stronger since the last time we employed them.

2. Going in person is too risky and bound to make everyone extra paranoid. Even if the lulz faction is worth it, assuming they do not attach an anti-magic collar at the first opportunity, they'll force us to remove our hood, which will wreck our entire operation (unless during the next update, Erd retroactively learns he developed the ability to retract his angelic features inside his body these weeks he spent training the twins).

Arlin, as Nevill said, risks being captured after the event to get to us. That only leaves Aria, Lucy (cow diplomacy!) and Rin. However, making the village do the dirty work for us is a good way to spent our earned favour.

So: 2. B2>B3>B1>C
Additionally, the villagers need to annoy the adventurers as much as possible before starting the expedition so that they're more susceptible to subterfuge.

In any case, before they have a chance to move it would be good for Erd to quickly go to Ontoglia, "hire" the local monsters here and then bring these back so that we have a variety of traps and monsters to fill the castle with. Also, treave, for some reason our 6 slimes have disappeared from the index post. Have they evolved and changed into something else perhaps?

3. Great, forgotten underground ruins. Good thing our crew is smarter than a bunch of stupid dwarves. Anyway: A sounds like it holds Necrons a forgotten mine of some kind. B may be an underwater dungeon which may or may not contain fish people. C sounds like it contains "advanced" undead such as mummies, spirits and other fun stuff. The obviously sane and smart choice would be to not to go here yet, but the Codex is neither.

Random question, treave: did Boss notice that upon noticing the ruins some of the goblins suddenly became racist, started ranting about the rats in the walls, strange beings with tongue-twisting names and something about the crawling darkness? :M

Anyway, for 3 I vote for B>A.

You are not a big fan of dungeon exploration, having done a lot of it in your career and finding that 99% of dungeons do not give worthwhile rewards and are just tedious grinds. It would take some time for you to muster enough inclination to go look at more dungeons, perhaps only after the adventurers have been dealt with.

Poor Erdrick had a bad choice of dungeons. I wonder what he thinks about dungeons with puzzles and/or underwater sections.

They regard Minotaur Firelord as training, huh? Must be some really confident fellows.

Nah, they're using the SRPG training method: throw a large bunch of meatbags at the enemy to weaken him, then finish him yourself to claim all of the credit/xp.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom