Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon AKA the Celerity Attention Whore Thread

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Not playing this anymore and dont intend to in the future, but if nothing else this game eventually led me to the Dark Worlds of HP Lovecraft series, narrated by June. Awesome stuff.
Who is June ?

Also, thread made me remove game from wishlist. Does not want (anymore).

June does the narration in the game. This was pretty much 50% of the atmosphere right there. I just started with listening to At the Mountains of Madness, fucking awesome. I think it was the Dunwich Horror in which he uses the word "hamlet" a few times, which weirdly warped me back into the darkest dungeon.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Needs more edging. Not enough votes on the review yet. :D

Tigranes

Arcane
It was a nice little thing in EA months ago, I guess I'll give it a whirl now and see what they've done with it.

vean

Scholar
470px-The_Scream.jpg

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, anyone played yet(except our troubled young man)? Installed it yesterday didn't have time to play yet, will do today methinks

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Did 2 out of 4 darkest dungeon, erm, dungeons already. I dunno, it's kinda laughable - however had they've tried to utterly demolish healing in this game, they fell flat on their faces and regenerators are pretty much the only thing that goes through the endgame without depending on lots of RNG. Here's my 2x houndmaster, 2x abom run, for example - they just don't care for whatever the game throws at them, healing themselves back rather easily. And it's not like other regenerator parties would've fared much worse, though.

Other party compositions (drawn out DoT stunners, dodgers, mark rushers) are in deep shit, though. I've managed to kill the repainted Shambler (the first boss of DD) withy dodgy squad on my first try, but that wasn't a nice (or reliable) experience. So it's gonna be all about grinding up those doges, I guess.

Another thing is that DD is really, really empty. No curios or whatever - just fights after fights. And they aren't that different from other fights. And no merchant/village events/whatever. So it's hardly a full release, tbh.

Celerity

Derpest Dungeon confirmed popeamole junk. :troll:

But seriously, Derpest bot beat it with standard damage spam tactics with no effort. The game hasn't changed at all if that's the case. Not even sure what happened there, just came back and the Hellions won.

Renevent

Cipher
So, anyone played yet(except our troubled young man)? Installed it yesterday didn't have time to play yet, will do today methinks

Played around an hour last night, which is roughly 3-4 missions. Difficulty wise it seems like they stabilized it a ton since I last played (many months ago). I didn't notice any wild swings and things like constantly missing with the enemies criting me every other round. Not to say I didn't have any close calls or tense moments, but the flow of battle seemed much more even if you will. I like some of the new additions, such as certain characters bringing supplies with them (for free). I noticed a ton more trinkets. Haven't tried the new classes yet, so no opinion there.

Overall I'm mostly pleased, though it still feels really grindy and not sure how long I would end up playing the game.

On a side note I played with corpses and a couple other features off. Not so much for difficulty's sake, but I feel like they extend the battles even longer and honestly the battles as-is feel somewhat protracted. It's a stupid mechanic anyways, beating up dead bodies isn't fun.

Celerity

It got about 2,500 votes on the front page before the groupthink shills finally lowered it (and raised some more negative reviews of me, LMFAO).

I'm like Voldemort over there. They won't say my name, and saying my name or Jim Sterling's name = ban (actually happened multiple times) I am the root of all evil within the game, even though a lot of the shit they blame me for I didn't even do.

Celerity

http://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/0/458606248640778943/?tscn=1453323656 It's not like they're spending their 7 million on the actual game... And devs can make keys for free. :D

And then you glance at the store page. Let's count how many pages of reviews are 1/19 or later.

29. The first 1/18 review is on page 29. Now how many are on one page? 20? 25? That is how many reviews were written in the last 36 hours. Almost 100% of those are positive. If you are vote manipulating, you don't need a fuckload of high quality reviews. You need a fuckload of +1s, and a few that seem decently convincing so they will get mass +1s. They have both. Of course Satoru posts absolutely everywhere about censorship denying that it exists or even can exists, even about other entirely unrelated games. Suspect, no?

Celerity

I was non specific about that being your impressions of the game or all the shit happening here. But hey, you wanna waste your money, or buy that meme that buying the game somehow spites me, I don't care if you hurt yourself. I gave my warning, I've done my part.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They are at 87% on Steam now ;) But it's behind Dragon's Dogma in the (current, not overall) sales chart.

Last edited:

Celerity

I'm glad you mentioned that.

Oh yeah, and another thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/0/458606248640778943/?tscn=1453323656 It's not like they're spending their 7 million on the actual game, and developers can produce keys for their own game for free.

Consider that, then consider that there are 29 (and counting) pages of reviews (at 20 or 25 per page) written within the last day, as in the first Janurary 18th review is on page 29. Then consider almost 100% of those are positive. Then consider most of those are one liners, single reviews, from people who own literally zero games including this one, are actually negative reviews of critics or of me, or some combination of these.

Then consider Satoru posts absolutely everywhere censorship is being discussed, even on other entirely unrelated games denying that censorship is occurring or even that it can occur with blatantly false information (developers actually can directly alter reviews, as several pointed out, but the accusations are indirect influence via vote manipulation) such that nearly every time Jim links some Early Access censorship scam, or someone else asks him about one in ANY game Satoru is there. You even see his name on the whole Brutal Force thing.

Then consider if you check the comments here there's a very obvious newly created account trolling Jim, and then trolling me when I responded, bragging and gloating about all of this. This is what they do. Reddit manipulated reviews, and a prime shill made a nice thread right after bragging about how great they looked. Jim did not immediately attack Derpest Dungeon for its corruption, they brag like they already won (and just the fact it is a "they" makes it clear he has a stake in it). They still have not figured out that often their shilling and attacks harm their image more than anything I say even when I specifically thank them in detail for their assistance!

Tommers

Augur
I played a bit today, backed the Kickstarter and then not played it since.

It was a fun few hours - tried some of the new classes. They look to have sorted trinkets out but advancing skills still seems pointless. I can see it being very grindy but I had to duck out of some of the early dungeons cos things started going downhill, which I quite liked. I'll give it a go again and see if it's still holding up after another 5 hours or so.

I quite liked the corpses. :shrug:

Tigranes

Arcane
I was non specific about that being your impressions of the game or all the shit happening here. But hey, you wanna waste your money, or buy that meme that buying the game somehow spites me, I don't care if you hurt yourself. I gave my warning, I've done my part.

Are you a moron? If I played Early Access, I obviously own the game.

Would anybody in the world be as stupid to spend real money to spite you? That's the unimaginably stupid level of spite it would take to spend hours and hours railing about somebody else's game and their censorshi- right.

But keep up the good fight, my man.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Corrupt game devs and their fanboy armies deserve to be called out. Especially when talking about a visually great but otherwise shitty game like this.

Never give in to the shill brigade, Celerity!

Celerity

Would anybody in the world be as stupid to spend real money to spite you?

Yes, check the other thread.

Corrupt game devs and their fanboy armies deserve to be called out. Especially when talking about a visually great but otherwise shitty game like this.

Never give in to the shill brigade, Celerity!

:bro:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198169202535/recommended/262060/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom