Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lol never mind i am blind missed a door need to learn to hold tab more.

Seriously considering taping my tab key down whilst playing this game.

Also need to head back to Depot A, apparently a lot more muties are in need of killing. Damned stealth builds miss everything.

Sykar

Arcane
Lol never mind i am blind missed a door need to learn to hold tab more.

Seriously considering taping my tab key down whilst playing this game.

Also need to head back to Depot A, apparently a lot more muties are in need of killing. Damned stealth builds miss everything.

Using stealth throughout Depot A is an epic struggle in its own right.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Oh also about Deep caverns

Stop re spawning you Bastards!, fuck me, walk one room over to search walk back all enemies re spawned, i have no idea how gun non stealth people are going to handle this considering i am skipping a ton of enemies with stealth

Is it me or crossbows suck a bag of dicks compared to every other option? AP costs are too high, special bolts got nothing on nades. And unlike other builds its actually gets worse the further you go.

Parabalus

Arcane
Do any of the opponents in the Arena have unique loot? I was never able to loot any of them before the fight ended.

You can loot them if you do it before combat ends, ie. in same round. This means you pretty much have to kill them point blank though. They carry a lot of medicine and some quality equipment, but nothing unique sadly.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is it me or crossbows suck a bag of dicks compared to every other option? AP costs are too high, special bolts got nothing on nades. And unlike other builds its actually gets worse the further you go.
Shock bolts are awesome. Also on lvl 8 you can get a feat that lets you start combat with a special bolt that costs 0 AP to use. Crossbow bolts don't make sounds, grenades bring in reinforcements.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm not a big fan of EMP mines... too heavy at 2.00 weight a pop compared to EMP grenades at 0.30. Plus the enemies you want the most to step on EMP mines (plasma sentries) seem to have very high detection while I can throw EMP grenades wherever I want them.

If you like traps, bio 55 opens up crawler poison, which is probably the best thing you can put on your bear traps to keep pesky enemy melee at bay. 3-turn root extended by a stun? I'll buy that for a charon!

edit:
Yeah...my opinion on bio is based on my build (traditional AR + Tactical vest commando). Maybe a psi user needs more bio..

Just for the ability to make psi booster? I'm not far enough into the game to say, but so far I've found it's easy enough to buy.
There's another reason for a psi user to want high bio (~70) in midgame/endgame... though it's not a must have either.

Well, they [EMP mines] turned my fight with Joe de Pacino from "WTF, THIS CAN'T BE DONE!!!" into a frigging cakewalk (along some bear traps with crawler poison, ofc). If one guy is using shield and the others aren't, I agree mines aren't really useful. But when everyone is, the mine will drop all shields for a grand total of 0 ap cost.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Guys, i started up Underrail to treat myself with something special on christmas eve, and i have a problem. This game has horrible mouse lag. I cant deal with it. Is there a way to turn it off? Vsync is deactivated in the drivers.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I never noticed the mouse lag everyone talks about. Might have something to do with 144 Hz refresh rate and no Vsync?

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Shock bolts are awesome. Also on lvl 8 you can get a feat that lets you start combat with a special bolt that costs 0 AP to use. Crossbow bolts don't make sounds, grenades bring in reinforcements.

I was kind of disappointed that the pneumatic loader lowers the AP cost, but not by enough to actually be of any use.
Other than that, stealth kills with snipe are pretty fun.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
On burrowers: it's a matter of gear, not level IMO. Once you get a low frequency shield emitter capable of blocking their spikes you're pretty much invulnerable against them. Just remember to change batteries regularly and you'll be fine.

Wolfe

Arbiter
I have to admit that I've got lost more times than I'd like to admit, but the NPCs do give you correct directions to reach the quest objectives. And it's great, it makes it all more atmospheric and less game-y.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Version 1.0.0.3
  • Game will no longer lock up when tring to rebind a control to an already bound key during enemy's turn
  • Rebinding map scrolling keys will now work correctly
  • You can now properly access second and third set of action buttons by using both left and right shift/ctrl keys
  • Game will no longer warn you for unbinding multiple keys
  • Action buttons will no longer display "None" for unbound keys
  • Fixed the bug that caused characters to not be able to engage in melee in certain conditions (usually inside doorways and other cramped spaces)
  • Corrected Cryokinetic Orb description
  • Reduced mechanics skill requirement for repairing crashed tunneler in Core City
  • Fixed Six hostility in Deep Caverns bug
  • Fixed Geezer Ford fishing list issue
  • Fixed not being to talk again to Mysterious Lady after telling her you will think about joining Free Drones
  • Fixed tutorial monitors displaying a black image
  • Updated Geezer Ford's quest note to contain the missing minihead and renamed red shrimp to just shrimp
  • Changed so that Fixer's chemical workbench now also buffs biology alongside chemistry and changed dialogue and quest note to reflect that. (The biology buff was previously provided by medical equipment the player could purchase directly from Jyles, but that will no longer be the case)
  • Fixed a faulty jackhammer in the Shopping Mall. Already picked up jackhammers will not be updated
  • Minor map glitches
  • Typos/spelling

I have to admit that I've got lost more times than I'd like to admit, but the NPCs do give you correct directions to reach the quest objectives. And it's great, it makes it all more atmospheric and less game-y.
Honestly - I want to have a damn notebook beside me to write shit down. When is the last time I played a game like that?

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Version 1.0.0.3
  • Game will no longer lock up when tring to rebind a control to an already bound key during enemy's turn
  • Rebinding map scrolling keys will now work correctly
  • You can now properly access second and third set of action buttons by using both left and right shift/ctrl keys
  • Game will no longer warn you for unbinding multiple keys
  • Action buttons will no longer display "None" for unbound keys
  • Fixed the bug that caused characters to not be able to engage in melee in certain conditions (usually inside doorways and other cramped spaces)
  • Corrected Cryokinetic Orb description
  • Reduced mechanics skill requirement for repairing crashed tunneler in Core City
  • Fixed Six hostility in Deep Caverns bug
  • Fixed Geezer Ford fishing list issue
  • Fixed not being to talk again to Mysterious Lady after telling her you will think about joining Free Drones
  • Fixed tutorial monitors displaying a black image
  • Updated Geezer Ford's quest note to contain the missing minihead and renamed red shrimp to just shrimp
  • Changed so that Fixer's chemical workbench now also buffs biology alongside chemistry and changed dialogue and quest note to reflect that. (The biology buff was previously provided by medical equipment the player could purchase directly from Jyles, but that will no longer be the case)
  • Fixed a faulty jackhammer in the Shopping Mall. Already picked up jackhammers will not be updated
  • Minor map glitches
  • Typos/spelling

Item stacking and SGS Auto payment still not corrected? :argh:Payment minigame getting tiresome.

Who am I kidding, I can't stay mad at you. Still love you for making this game Styg. :hug:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria

I was kind of disappointed that the pneumatic loader lowers the AP cost, but not by enough to actually be of any use.

With a pneumatic loader enhanced xbow you can fire 2 special bolts a turn, without the marksman feat needed.

ArchAngel

Arcane

With a pneumatic loader enhanced xbow you can fire 2 special bolts a turn, without the marksman feat needed.
Special bolts cost 7 AP extra while that loader only saves you 4 AP per shot. You can fire one special bolt without that feat or you can use stim that gives you additional 20 AP and with this loader you will have enough AP left to fire once more in that turn.

grenades bring in reinforcements.

Good. More bodies running into the burning/freezing/acid aoe field of bear trap death the better.

Yep, and they work for single target fights too, i'm yet to be in a fight where usage of a special bolt was warranted. Molotovs on other hand is a gift that keeps on giving, with its ridiculous AoE you can just fling it in general direction of your opponents and it will most likely land at least on half of them even with 0 points in Throwing.

torpid

Liturgist
Honestly - I want to have a damn notebook beside me to write shit down. When is the last time I played a game like that?

I'm currently mapping it on a piece of paper: drawing little circles for the areas I'm going through, then lines between the circles, plus arcane notations. Shit's amazing

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Don't forget as well that incendiaries scare a lot of things. Very much worth the 10 in tailoring for my mechanics and electronics focussed crafter.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron

I'm currently mapping it on a piece of paper: drawing little circles for the areas I'm going through, then lines between the circles, plus arcane notations. Shit's amazing

Check out Grid Cartographer. There is a thread on this site.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom